1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

member responses and conversations - general

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Good advice mac I think I'll do the same with mine

2. Lola Hoovler

Lola Hoovler Active Member

I read this book as well as it is free on the internet. In today's language, this guy would have been described as a huge partier. However, I'm not convinced that it was actually his party type lifestyle that caused him to wind up in the lower realms as much as it was his selfish approach to life. His only objective was to entertain himself, and at no time did he worry about how his attitude affected anyone else. That, more than squandering money on "wine, women and song" I think. was the reason for his afterlife problems, as selfishness so often leads to this type of behavior.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

You nailed it, Lola. :)

4. Lola Hoovler

Unfortunately, addictions just don't go away when we die, and bars etc. are usually filled with spirits who still crave alcohol, drugs or whatever because earthly concerns and pleasures still plague them. However, I feel that Franchezzo in this book used women solely for his entertainment until he got bored with them and moved on, and I feel this is the main reason he was in these lower realms. His focus was only on himself and his own entertainment. I liked this book because he eventually helped other people like himself. Hopefully, the afterlife is like this, as it makes so much sense. It's also a good example of how we can help souls with prayer and positive thoughts (such as his wife did).

5. mac

mac Staff Member

re the highlighted text above

I see things the opposite way. For me source is all. For me the entity often called 'God' in our world is a very special emanation of source, the ultimate creative energy. I prefer to refer to that ultimate creative energy simply as 'source' - it's too much of a mouthful to keep saying 'the source of all things'.

God for me is the entity who undertook to bring into being - and hold it there - the universe in which humankind lives; the only universe we are directly aware of even though we see and know precious little about it.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  6. Lola Hoovler

You got it Mac (at least I think so).

7. mac

mac Staff Member

That's how I feel too, Lola. It's not easy, though, constantly being out-of-step with most others but I worry about it much less than I used to do. ;)

8. Lola Hoovler

Actually, a lot of people feel the way you do including me. I don't know how else to try and explain "God" or "source" - creative energy is the only thing that makes any sense to me. We certainly can't keep thinking of God as a human being, as people have done for centuries - insisting he has pet peeves and anger over stupid things.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

It's not just the business of God not being an individual though, Lola, and I do accept more and more are thinking about God in different ways now. But I fancy we have a ways to go before significant numbers feel able to reject their early-years conditioning.

For me just dropping that name/title has to be a first step towards dropping the ideas that accompany the word. I'm not expecting it to happen in my present incarnation, though, but mebbes it'll be different my next time around, eh? ;) I likely sha'n't remember anyway! :D

10. Lola Hoovler

Oh I definitely agree that it will take years for people to think of God in anything but a fearful way and to make him non-judgmental (I say "him" for lack of a better word). Fear has been the name of the game for a very long time, and it's hard for some people to think of God as something other than an easily pissed off, moody person who needs to be appeased, but things are changing.