1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

mediums or psychics?

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by mac, Mar 1, 2018.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Auseret, none of what you said was objectionable. The fact that when someone argued on the merits you attacked him personally was the problem. Dear friends whose minds are more open than hers was, please look to Mac and to Bluebird for examples of how we can discuss anything here but politics and religion, and we can be as spirited as we like, but we must be respectful of others! Go ahead and challenge Mac and me, dear friends. Do it with kindness, good humor, and an open mind, and all will be well!

pandora97 likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Hear, hear to the sentiments in the last-but-one sentence and thank you for your support, Roberta.

I try always to be able to support and defend the points I make and have no concerns about anyone challenging them. I don't mind when folk tell me they disagree but I'm left hoping the member in question has stronger practical abilities also than her ability to write about them.

I also hope she's not one of the individuals who have a little understanding of a number of subjects along with an enhanced level of psychic sensitivity and consequently believes herself to be a medium. And that's what the idea of the thread was - to try to sort one from the other.

I try to be patient but I do find it rather vexing when I'm categorically being told something isn't the case when I've just given examples of how it is actually happening. She either didn't read what preceded her postings or didn't follow what had been said. Add to that her inability to focus on a single aspect to say where she saw things differently and any attempt at discussion/debate/disagreement soon foundered.

As I have a particular interest in the thread subject and communication generally I concluded there was no point in my responding to her any further.

It's regrettable she seemed to have no interest in the other afterlife subjects here on ALF but I hope she finds other websites where she can share what interests she does have. I would have happily shown her alternative sites had I the chance. :)

3. Auseret

Auseret New Member

Saying I have said nothing objectionable,but a line further is a statement 'Dear friends whose minds are more open than hers was ' ( it is if I am standing behind you listening while you spout on about me Mac then comes in with 'l also hope she is not one of the individuals who have a little understanding of a number of subjects along with an enhanced level of Psychic sensitivity and consequently believes herself to be a Medium I would regard myself to be very deceitful to call myself a Medium when I I was not, consequently you and Mac don,t know me or any of my sensitivies as a Medium. I have already said in another post on this thread that I was born with Mediumistic sensitivities, not so much psychic because the connection to Spirit was too Strong. I am u honestly disappointed that two people of high spirituality should be gossiping on both posts, probably thought I would not see it ,thereon I was notified there was new one of the threads so I decided to pop into this thread and found what I did !! Post on another thread ( which I perused)

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Good grief, Auseret, give it up! If you will not stop badgering Mac and me, I will ban you. I mean that. Either play nice, or go play somewhere else!

5. mac

You DID say you were outta here as you weren't happy with what you were finding. :confused:

But now you've returned with the same hectoring approach rather than one of supporting what you had earlier said and discussing the clearly-expressed, I believe, points in the opening post and subsequent responses to your own postings. :rolleyes:

So what's it to be? Do you want a discussion about the points that started this thread or will you simply continue to grumble? If it's the former then would you please focus on one point at a time to make the discussion more productive? If it's the latter then I wish you well but I won't be writing anything more in response.

6. Harmonica

Harmonica New Member

Just energy sensitive perhaps.

7. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Are we sure who Ausernet is? :rolleyes:

8. mac

I've wondered much the same! Seems to have left - for now. I remember that pattern of behavior from someone else..... ;)

ravensgate likes this.
  9. mac

But what descriptor would you use for someone who is "energy sensitive"?

10. Michelle Schill

Michelle Schill New Member

I believe it is all semantics and if you are receiving genuine help in the manner that you need at that time, title is unimportant. For clarification I would ask the person for an exact description of what they do before paying for service. I believe that all mediums are psychics but not all psychics are mediums because the word "psychic" covers a vast array of abilities. I was born with the ability to communicate with Spirit. Doing personal readings was never my thing, although I have done a few. My mediumistic abilities are used for more for teaching purposes. Just as we do, Spirits have a mind of there own (are we not Spirits incarnated?) and you cannot depend on the one you are hoping to show up at a reading. This is not the fault of the medium. Also, polite etiquette you would give to an incarnate should also be shown to Spirit.

11. mac

Semantics are important but what is even more important is understanding what 'titles' imply at the time of seeking help.

Let's not forget that practitioners use titles/descriptors to describe themselves and promote their often paid-for services. The rest of your points were mentioned in the intro.

12. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Cool!

13. mac

In connection with the opening points in this thread, are you a medium who provides a service for seekers/sitters? Someone I'd call an 'evidential medium' where evidence of the identity of a communicator is sought on behalf of the sitter/seeker? (It's not important whether you offer a free or a paid-for service.)

14. mac

In what way(s) can such energy readings be helpful?

15. mac

Will you please tell us more about this attribute?