1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Mediums ,getting a surname?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

Thank you for this I've just watched some of his videos on you tube ,quite remarkable.

2. Auseret

Auseret New Member

Just received an a notification in my email inbox, thank you for that, if you want know more, there are a few where he is giving lectures on a number of Subjects one where he is in Aberdeen ,there are two parts to the vid. Good luck!

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

This concerns me so I'm one of those (quote) "To whom it may concern." - that's an unnaturally, and inappropriately, formal way to address fellow members by the way.....

The choice of giving names is - of course - the choice of a discarnate communicator but is there a valid reason that the medium would not be able ask their communicator if they would like to offer a last name? Something that might help the intended recipient identify the communicator?

4. Auseret

Auseret New Member

Thank you agai, considering I don't know everyone,s name as far as I know I thought that it was a polite gesture to Start with, now it is not being inappropriate really I don't think so no ! There is no valid reason why a medium would be able to ask the communicator if they would offer a last name they can ask ,it certainly does not mean said Spirit communicator would wish to ,after all every Spirit is an individual like everyone else on earth, Mediums are talking to people except in a different form if their character or personality ifbthry were cantankerous or stubborn they are not going to change overnight what we want is not what Spirit wish to give. We may wish it to be straight , nest and tidy tied up with a bow, but it does not work with Spiri, I know it is extremely irritating for loved ones, by the energy of th spirit can sense the personality , character etc, these people are living vibrant energy to convey information that will give recognition in its content. ( would not be able)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  5. mac

Polite perhaps but "To whom it may concern." is often used as a quasi-legal term. It's very formal and impersonal and inappropriate on any of the very many forums where I've been a regular contributor.

When people pass over their characters and characteristics are not immediately changed. (As a sensitive you'll know that already but I make the point for anyone following this discussion.) In this world most of us - I suggest- think of ourselves on a first and last name basis. Some, however, even refer to themselves using just their title and last name - Mr Smith or Mrs Jones, for example, totally leaving out their given name and using only their last names. So why, when we've passed over, might we begin to refer to ourselves using only a first name - John or Jane - for example, one could reasonably ask?

OK if they've continued as a**holes in the world of the spirit and don't want to help by identifying themselves, then they MIGHT just think "Sod em, they'll have to figure out who I am." Is that what you're suggesting when you mention their being cantankerous or stubborn? Is that what you've experienced as a sensitive?

Of course it would be better if seekers didn't have to struggle to identify a spirit communicator assumably someone they're related to - isn't that the basis of evidential mediumship? The furnishing of information that demonstrates their survival of a loved one(s)?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  6. Auseret

Auseret New Member

In the act of Mediumship ,the contact is controlled by my helpers as all Mediums have no idea of the character of the Spirit merge with me until they draw close ,it comes swiftly the knowledge who they are in their personality , it high and fast, it just like having two way broadcast , some individuals are quiet and shy, some very excited to be talking to their loved ones through someone who will link to their relative or friends, The Spirit person gives the EVIDENCE through the Medium , who in turn relays it to the loved one.

7. mac

Is this posting a response to anything I asked you about? If not I'll leave this topic as it's going nowhere.

8. Rising

Rising Member

Gordon Higginson , who is now residing in the afterlife, developed his mediumship with the help of his mother who was also a brilliant medium , Gordon not only supplied names of those he connected with from the Spirit world but sometimes he could mention the street/ area where they lived.

For those that have never heard of him, please type his name in on You tube , he is amazing and very genuine.

9. mac

Gordon showed what is possible from the most accomplished mediums and sets a distinct bench mark for them to aspire to - thank you for pointing out just how proficient his mediumship was.

Getting first and last names, street names and even house details will probably not, of course, happen without the encouragement of the practitioner, the go-between, the medium herself or himself. It's not just a matter of just leaving our unseen friends to do that good stuff themselves or without the medium's help in getting there. A medium does not have to be just a passive tool.

I don't underestimate the challenge they may face in achieving that end and was one reason I started this thread. For now traditional, Spiritualist-style mediumship remains a primary means of trans-dimensional communication. That may change if and when the number of self-guided communicators increases but I'll likely be dead before that happens.

10. Auseret

Auseret New Member

Please enlighten what are self guided communicators? Because categorically, in MO , any self - guided communicators now or in the future are deluding themselves. I know a lot don,t agree , but by experience I know that it is Spirit that contacts the Medium not the other way around! I watched people who purport to be practioners claiming they can contact a certain communicate for loved ones number one The Spirit world is not at beck and call of the Medium, No matter they think, ( apologies forgot to say it was YouTube that I wstched) I see there is a lot of misunderstanding of how communication I say for myself, it is as if there isvavshiftvin perception higher than normal , it is like switching frequencies in my particular consciousness , an example: I was in between meditation ( was to do a service in at night) it was a flash of time I heard a spirit say Boo! ,I jumped the height of myself, I was not expecting it didn't frighten but it made me realise that Spirit is the iniator not the Medium (Boo! Is just one word to used when trying to surprise) I will have to check this out !

11. mac

You ask that I enlighten you what self-guided communicators are and then categorically declare they're all, in your opinion, self-delusional. Seems to me you're a know-it-all who actually knows bugger-all!

pandora97 likes this.
  12. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Mac, thanks for finally saying what I've been thinking for awhile already!!!:D

13. mac

14. Auseret

Auseret New Member

Experience is the College of knowledge

15. mac

When you have acquired some, get back to us and let us know its outcome for you, eh?

pandora97 likes this.