1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Mediums ,getting a surname?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Storybud68, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

hi.Ive been to many mediums over the years, and have talked to many people who been to mediums,and I have personally had mediums getting Christian names of people I know who have crossed over,but I've never heard of a medium getting a Christian name and a surname for a spirit.This to me would greatly enhance my belief that they are actually talking to the spirit.any views very welcome.David

2. mac

mac regular contributor Staff Member

It would indeed be nice if spirit communicators always provided first and last names along with a bunch of other, persuasive information. Sadly it's often not how things work so we have to be prepared to consider something less.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Storybud68, how many first names exist, do you think? In English alone, many thousands? If mediums were only guessing, what are the odds against chance that a given medium would guess ANY first names correctly? I recall once that a medium came out with Bertha and Jerry and told me right off the bat how I was related to them (mother-in-law and brother-in-law), and she gave me some little personal details about each of their lives. There is no way that she could have gotten information about collateral relatives like them from the Internet! She got my parents' first names correctly as well, but I discount that since there may be a listing of my parents somewhere. As Mac says, it's not the mediums, but the communicators who generally don't bother with surnames!

4. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

5. Storybud68

Storybud68 Active Member

Thanks guys.but I'm just curious in your own experiences have you ever heard or come across it?