1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Medium and catholic / santeria synchronicity

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Bgsantander, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Bgsantander

Bgsantander New Member

Hello all
    I was raised Catholic BUT as the first generation of Cuban parents we had A LOT of african Yoruba synchronicity going on at home. My mother had been "montando" Chango (essentially authorized possession)(yoruba diety synchronized with St. Barbara, hence my name, Barbara) since I could remember. I am 43 so it's not recent. Lol.
    I do not have the same path she did but I do have mediumship. Especially trance mediumship. Anyone else grow up in a synchronized household? I'd love to hear other experiences.

Auras and Kurt like this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Other ALF members have also come from a Roman Catholic background. The rest of your description means nothing to me personally, though, but how one arrives at a destination is less important than arrival anyway.

I won't speak for other members but I'm not aware of any of them coming from what you've described as a "synchronized household". I guess we'll find out if that's right.

As my specialty is mediumship and communication I'd be interested in hearing how your mediumship works, especially how you use trance.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

A monotonous household?

4. Bgsantander

Bgsantander New Member

I have had mediumship since childhood but as an adult, I work it through a combination of catholic saint meditation and include the ancient African synchronized diety. Music, prayers, offerings etc. The Yoruba pantheon is essentially a mirror of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and then the Saints that interceed for us. I use regular schedules of offerings, and music to enter trance like states and then use automatic writing. I am interested to hear how others work thier mediumship.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

oops - misread - This isn't mediumship as I recognise mediumship.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    Kurt likes this.
  6. SashaS

SashaS New Member

Yes! This is psychic ability!

Kurt likes this.
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

thank you for your view - That's exactly in line with my own.

SashaS and Kurt like this.
  8. Bgsantander

Bgsantander New Member

Hi Mac

I really appreciate the invite to stay and explore. I also recognize the my experience is not recognizable to everyone. I will promise one thing, I have no intention of taking advantage of anyone on this forum. I am not part of ",California Psychics " and I certainly don't charge. Lol

Kurt likes this.
  9. mac

mac Staff Member

[If you're replying to a particular posting simply click the word 'Reply' at the right side bottom of any posting. This will automatically include the message you're responding to.]

I do hope you will want to stay and become a contributor on ALF (as I hope about all new members) but realise that we can't hope to offer what you came looking for originally. Maybe what we can offer instead is the opportunity to explain in more detail how you operate, what you do and how that helps folk.

In response to you declaring you're not part of 'California Psychics' may I say that had I even suspected you were then you likely wouldn't be here right now! :D Having said that there's nothing wrong with psychism provided it's presented as such rather than as mediumship - that's a subject we've discussed and debated here in the past.

Kurt likes this.
  10. jobun

jobun New Member

I am interested in what you have to say bgsantader. It sound like you have had some very interesting experiences