1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Mass Suicide

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by jobun, Oct 29, 2019.

1. jobun

jobun New Member

I've been curious about what happens to those cult like mass suicides, where everyone drinks the poisoned kool aid and dies. Is there significance here that a group of people may have been brainwashed into committing suicide for whatever the reason the cult leader stated - eternal bliss or whatever.

Is the aforementioned cult leader considered an evil spirit?

Kurt likes this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

Mikey always says it comes down to intent. My preference is not to say 'evil spirit' also preferring 'misguided' which is less condemnatory. Humankind has always been 'brainwashed' by some cult - religion! - or other. The ones that lead followers to suicide have leaders with dark intent although they may be more mentally ill than malicious. It may be a very fine dividing line between sickness and badness.

Kurt, Bill Z and jobun like this.
  3. jobun

jobun New Member

thanks mac. I hear ya. it's definitely a better way to phrase it.

Kurt likes this.
  4. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Cases like these make me wonder what the intended meaning of their life was.

What's the spiritual benefit?...

Maybe its to increase awareness about the harm those organizations can cause. Im not sure.