1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Mass Murderers

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by jobun, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Unchangeable

Unchangeable New Member

I hear stories of people like Charles Manson, Stalin, Hitler's spirits being in heaven. And I cant cross over like those spirits because of the hate that exists in my heart. I did do damage to myself. But if God wouldn't let me reconcile with him and would have a double standard like this than why is it worth even worshipping or praying?

2. mac

mac Staff Member

Although I enjoy discussing and debating issues here on ALF I'm also interested in whether this afterlife website can offer some practical help for newcomers. I'm going to ask you three simple questions. I hope you'll help me and others by answering each of them. Maybe then we can help you.

1. Did you come to ALF hoping to learn, hoping to move forward in some way, or have you come simply to use the forums as a place to repeat the same stories, with no desire to change anything?

2. Your chosen username suggests an attitude or approach to your situation. You're not a youngster so have you always been this way or has something happened to result in your feeling/speaking the way you do?

3. If you feel there's a chance to change things would you like ALF and its members to help?

Monika likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Hate does not disqualify you. True hate is derived from extreme pain. The afterlife would heal and assimilate you.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  4. Unchangeable

Unchangeable New Member

I want to make changes that turn a difficult situation into a more positive one. The problem started with some negative spiritual experiences, bad omens, and pain in my chest (ENS) that left me so convinced of my terrible fate. I am so convinced of my fate that not even the reassurances I get from others could help me. Kurt says that no matter how much we hate that it does not disqualify one from crossing over into the light. I hope that is true but I just feel kind of lost and expect the worst. No matter how much I practice love and compassion I cant seem to undo the problems I caused in the past.

Kurt likes this.
  5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Unchangeable,

I would recommend practicing love and compassion to the best of your ability, because it is the best way for you and for everyone. If you have failed at this in the past, or feel that you have -- well, welcome to humanity. We all screw it up sometimes, some of us many times, some of us badly. All any of us can do is strive to do better, to be better. Not so that some god which may or may not exist is pleased with us and "lets" us into its afterlife, but because it's the best way to live a loving life, a life most worth living.

As far as that relates to god, if there is such a being, I'm with Marcus Aurelius:
    "Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

So -- in my opinion, do your best to live by your best virtues, and you will be fine.

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

So your username reflects your attitude/approach exactly - it's unchangeable and you're unchangeable?

Kurt likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Marcus Aurelius is one of my favorite philosophers. Top 3 greatest of all times in my opinion. This is beautiful advice @bluebird Thank you!!

8. Unchangeable

Unchangeable New Member

The username is basically a reference to how hopeless I feel my situation is. I come on this site hoping for advice. Bluebird gave out good advice, but I want to inform him that my traumatic spiritual experience which happened last year had an angry spirit curse me. And while I want to live my life virtuously I sometimes feel that I'm being held back by my own past mistakes. I understand why I got into spiritual trouble, I was an angry, hateful, and resentful person and that darkens the soul if I'm being honest. But Kurt mentioned that hate doesn't disqualify someone from crossing over. So I appreciate the advice everyone has given.

9. Unchangeable

Unchangeable New Member

I came to this site to seek advice from those who know more about spirituality than myself, so I can have a clearer idea of what is going on with me.

10. mac

mac Staff Member

I hope that's working out well for you.