1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

mac's musings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Dear mac, Although you claim the contrary, I think you must be psychic!! I've already found the close-fitting specs and expect them soon to arrive by post! I'm taking a long-haul flight in the summer. I haven't had any problems flying, though didn't fly for quite a few years and only short flights more recently, so just in case. I have to give up using our local train service at Easter, but air travel has been fine. Air conditioning in cinemas is just a nuisance. After all, cinemas are not places designed for jogging on the spot to warm up!
    I expect if I'm lucky enough to get to my eighties, I'll be so grumpy and full of ailments I'll be glad to depart this world. If there is an afterlife, being out of body has it's attractions. The world is changing so fast our childhoods will seem like some far-off primitive paradise lost.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

It seems we think in similar ways, Ruby. :)

Aeroplanes are yet another instance of unpleasant drafts and you've done well to anticipate your needs by ordering some specs. I find the constant air flow - a necessity on a plane of course - very uncomfortable and it's yet another situation where I wear several layers of clothes plus a baseball cap (a brimmed hat would be better but the brim catches the seat back and knocks it off!) and a hoodie to keep the draft off off my face and ears. I hope the aircraft you'll travel on doesn'tcause you problems.

As for how we'll feel if we make it to our 80s I guess it will be influenced by our health and our wealth and the state of this world. My instinct may drive me to try to cling on to life in this world despite having no doubts about my survival but I won't know 'til that time arrives.

I do agree the world is changing and it's at an unprecedented rate. I used to feel I'd monitor from 'over there' what happens after my now not-far-off death but I am not so confident I'll really be that interested after I get away from it. We'll see.... ;)

3. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

Thanks, mac. It would be good to try to put in an appearance if at all possible for those you leave behind. (What fun to give them an experience they'll never forget!) Though, of course, I'm sure it won't be for a long time! Slim people are healthy!

4. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

I received a sample of gel-based eye drops today and am very pleased to notice a big improvement. Thanks, mac!

5. mac

mac Staff Member

gr
    my pleasure, Ruby! :) I'm so pleased they're helping. :)