1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Lost in Space

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Jack24, Sep 22, 2019.

1. Hi,

I am feeling a little lost and blue. I am about to start reading "Flying High in Spirit" but before I start I'd like to explain where I am.

I find life exhausting. It feels thick and ugly and although I constantly work on myself , this world can put me in places that I don't want to be. My life has had challenges but from a young age I felt that a huge mistake had been made. I had been put in a place that I don't belong. I remember taking to god and asking to him please take me back. That this was a place I couldn't live in, the sadness and ugliness around me was too much for me and I would never survive. I have come to believe that I am an Empath and that I feel and absorb the pain of others. I feel as if I am not fully in my body at times. I've had experiences where I was over my body and watching myself and panic would set in. That panic took over my life for a long period of time, it was a very dark time. I have love and I see love in many places but need to be somewhere rural now. I want to be near nature, trees, water, flowers and animals. I need a simpler life that doesn't involve what I view as a sense of entitlement. People don't hide their contempt for others, they take advantage, believe they are owed something because of a past hurt, issue or even their place in this life. They will take what ever they want even if they don't want or need it. It has become a sport or way of life that they no longer contribute to the beauty and can only see their own hate reflecting back at them. Yes, I realize that I am in the dark. I am heading towards the light and reading this book may give me answers that I desperately need. Please, wish me luck. I could really use some light and love sent my way. Always with respect and love,
    Jack

2. mac

mac Staff Member

You are welcome here on ALF and we hope something here will help you find your way. I hope 'Flying High' gives you a starter insight into the notion of survival that is the raison d'etre for this website.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

Sensitives - 'empaths' - can protect themselves and they deserve to do so. They are not meant to be at the beck-and-call of every individual they encounter and not expected to be 'open' to others' negative emotions on a daily basis.

Without a measure of self-control nothing positive is likely to be achieved. Allowing yourself to continue on that path is dangerous to your emotional and physical health - you're already experiencing that situation. The way to achieve self-control involves first learning how to 'close down' your psychic awareness, ideally with one-to-one help. The technique, incidentally, is practised in (spiritual) mediumship development group work in UK Spiritualist churches. Even I had to teach a friend some years ago how to close down.

What is your reaction to what I've said?

4. I have been reading information on that subject. I have started meditations and have found some good grounding and protection exercises. I need to be more consistent. I have taken all the junk out of my diet and am faithfully following an organic, good protein, healthy diet to help cleanse myself. I am only on my third week but that in itself is promising. I am implement positive practices as well. I have a long way to go but I am determined. I will look into closing down my psychic awareness that is a very good idea. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

It's heartening to hear that what I've 'said' appeals to you. :)

In terms of what you're doing about your physical wellbeing it's never a bad idea to eat as well as possible and to get as much sleep as you can but they're issues separate from the spiritual/psychic issue. So called grounding and protection exercises can help you focus on the positive aspects of your attributes.

I hope, though, I don't come over as nagging when I emphasise how important it is to learn how to close down. Once you've learned you will have control of yourself! :) After that you can begin to investigate how best to open up when you choose to use your gifts either to help others or to simply enjoy your awareness - preferably both.