1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Looking For Proof

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by joyellen, Feb 20, 2019.

1. joyellen

joyellen New Member

Ever since I found out that I can die (yes, there was a time that I didn’t know this), I've been in search of answers as to what happens after the physical body dies. Do we no longer exist? Or do we have spirits that live on?

I’ve had many ESP experiences. For many people, these would prove that we are spirits in physical bodies. But for me, they mean that our knowledge of science is limited.

Lately, I’ve been having lucid dreams. In these dreams, I know that I’m dreaming, and I direct my dreams to go where I want them to go. But even in these so-called lucid dreams, I might really be dreaming that I’m having a lucid dream.

I’ve also had lucid dreams in which I’ve met dead relatives. In one of them, I met my grandmother. I wasn’t supposed to be there, so she took me back to my world. The moment she placed me back, I felt my spirit go back into my body, which woke me up. However, this too, could have just been a dream.

I regard to NDEs, these could be a combination of living in the mind, similar to when we're dreaming, and ESP experiences. In other words, it still doesn’t prove to me that we’re spirits living inside physical bodies.

But we could be, so I’m still searching for proof.

2. mac

mac Staff Member

We aren't spirits living inside physical bodies - look inside any part of anyone's body and you'll find much the same things but you won't find spirits. More accurately we are spirits experiencing life in-the-body, our spirit forms interpenetrating and animating what can not live without that 'life energy' of the spirit.

But you're searching for proof and I wish you luck in finding it. :)

3. joyellen

joyellen New Member

I'm practicing lucid dreaming and working on having an out of body experience in which I'm certain that I'm really out of my body, and I can validate it after I wake up. I remember when I was a kid and there were a few occasions in which I just knew something and these things, which were impossible to know beforehand, I found out later were indeed true. I'm looking for something similar, only is this case, I'm working on validating the existence of a spirit by verifying an OBE.

Yes, I met people who have died in my dreams, I've possibly have had lucid dreams, and I've possibly have had OBEs. But I haven't been able to validate them. I can't validate meeting people who have died in another world when I'm in a physical body living in a physical world. So I'm trying to have an OBE in which I explore the house and interact with my cats. (I've read that cats can see spirits.) That way I can verify my experience after I wake up.

Anyway, that's what I'm working toward.

In the meantime, I also have objects near me fall, electronic devices break if I get angry, sensations that someone's touched me, feelings that I passed through a spirit, and so forth. These could all be explained away though as coincidences, Earth movements, atmospheric pressure, ...

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, Joyellen! The afterlife is a proven fact about as well as anything - oxygen in the air, the germ theory of disease - can be considered to be a proven fact. With almost everything except for maybe gravity, you are going to have to rely on the testimony of others, right? So then, you will in the end have to rely on the testimony of others with regard to the afterlife as well. And to do that, you are going to need to do A LOT of reading! If you would like a PDF of my book, The Fun of Dying - Find Out What Really Happens Next, to help you get started, simply email me through robertagrimes.com.

Storybud68 likes this.
  5. joyellen

joyellen New Member

Hmm... I just read the reviews on Amazon.

Anyway, I find first-hand experience to be best. It's hard to explain what colors look like to someone who's never seen them. But if they can see colors, it gets a lot easier. I have two cousins who are completely colored blind and flunked kindergarten because they couldn't remember their colors.

6. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Try to actually read the book rather than the reviews. :) There are no short cuts regarding afterlife studies.

I somewhat agree with the first three sentences. I’m not sure about that last one.

But anyways, let’s be real here. We were never meant to come to earth’s realm remembering and knowing every single piece of information there is to know about the afterlife. Otherwise, what was the point of even coming onto earth’s plane in the first place? Do folks honestly think that we just popped out of a womb just to wake up and go to sleep everyday? We came here to learn and grow with one another. We came here to have a deeper understanding regarding the true meaning of consciousness, subconsciousness, and soul self. It just boggles me sometimes how people try to find the easy way out of everything. Regarding spiritual matters, things take time.

Now I don’t know about anyone else, but astral traveling, dreaming, OBE’s, and NDEs do help somewhat prove an existence other than this one. Do we not all at least dream? Where do you think dreams comes from? Certainly not of a physical nature that can 100% ‘without a doubt’ be proven scientifically. I guess I’ll just end it right there.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Storybud68, marmaladecat and mac like this.
  7. mac

mac Staff Member

That sounds somewhat dismissive of Roberta's generous offer. A book offered for free to try to help - hmmmm..... :rolleyes:

DenverGuy likes this.
  8. mac

mac Staff Member

First-hand experience is certainly preferable but vicarious learning shouldn't be dismissed.

I'm less-than-persuaded about the cousins who flunked kindergarten - does anyone flunk kindergarten for being unable to remember the names of colors, colors they'll never see?

9. poeticblue

poeticblue member

The comments that Joyellen made were not only slightly weird/disrespectful towards their cousins whom are supposedly colorblind, but also equally disrespectful towards Roberta as well.

I’m going to relieve myself of this thread at least for this moment as this may be a touchy matter. I will check back in later.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  10. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

The primary reason I suggest the book is that it contains an annotated bibliography of more than seventy books on afterlife-related topics, some of which also are available for free. You can do in just a few years' time the research that has taken my generations decades to do. But if you truly must have only "first-hand experience," you are going to have to either (a) do the primary research yourself (over decades), or (b) initiate your own transition (not recommended, but you do have free will). Sitting on this website and insisting that what we talk about here isn't real because you have not personally experienced it is a sad waste of both your time and ours.