1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Looking for Answers

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by SimonB04, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't think we have an age limit here so you're good. :) (We do - it's 13)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

I intended to offer a few thoughts, Simon, but Roberta has covered much of what I might have said. I'm interested to 'hear' your responses to what she wrote before I add anything.

How did you arrive at ALF?

3. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

I came across this written on a piece of paper yesterday. I found it very helpful two years ago. Amazingly, it came from a sixteen year old, Max Edwards, who died in 2016.
    The second piece is from the end of Anne Tyler's "The Accidental Tourist". I was rereading it and finished it last night. (In the novel, Macon has been trying to cope with the random shooting of his son the previous year). Both refer to the flow of time. See what you make of them:-

"While this life may be all I know, I'm nothing more than a dot on this planet. When you take into account the dozens of people I know, the billions I don't, the thousands of miles that separate us, and the ever-running river of time on which we all finitely float, you may come to the inevitable and strangely comforting realisation that we are all going to die; you, me and everyone else. Get over it."

"Macon gazed out the cab window, considering the notion in his mind. He felt a kind of inner rush, a facing forward. The real adventure, he thought, is the flow of time; it's as much adventure as anyone could wish. And if he pictured Ethan still part of that flow - in some other place, however unreachable - he believed he may be able to bear it after all."

Kurt likes this.
  4. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Simon, that must be really tough.
    I lost someone very close to me about a year ago- I know what it is like to want to be close to them, and it hurts. I am sorry you feel badly.
    I am glad you had the chance to have that experience with your mum.
    Hang in there, it will be OK!

5. mac

mac Staff Member

The young man, Simon, visited with us but briefly and didn't return. That's how it should be as he needs to grow and mature; these afterlife forums are not the right place for one so young.

Kurt likes this.
  6. Convolution

Convolution Active Member

Got it. This thread popped up here, and I didn't notice the initial post date.

7. mac

mac Staff Member

Just one more reason why context is important.....

Kurt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.