1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

LIVING FOR OTHERS

Discussion in 'Introductions & Helpful Information' started by Bill Z, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Pandora, I had or really Susie had a little man named Larry a Cockatiel. We got him when Susie was confined home home. I took Her to the store and they both made contact, So really I haven't had a pet lately but several in the past. Larry was not a pet, he was Susie's friend and he tolerated me. He loved Her and he trusted me. But his relationship was with Susie not me and that was cool. He watched Her as She transitioned and after his work was here he went home too.

Monika blessings to you and the information you give us. Like sweet Michael, sweet Susie is here but I just don't get it most of the time.

Susie has screamed and hollered at me, through mediums, dreams and dowsing. They are trying to break through our silly stuff and show us they are right next to us. I just am not capable right now. Glimpses come through but I struggle.

2. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Pandora,
    Larry was amazing. Susie and i had "pets" in the past but Larry was the only guy who lived with us. He was incredible. We tolerated each other Larry and I. I loved him. He did not love me, but he trusted me. When He flew into the toilet and I pulled him out he realized he could trust me. When he flew onto the carpet and his talons were trapped in the carpet, I cut his little feet free he realized I was there to protect the little bastard, lol.

But Susie was his. As Susie got weaker She used to break dishes and I was cool with that until one day I Lost it She shattered several dishes. I lost it WTF i was hollering and my little noble man flew into my face and attacked me. He thought I was attacking Her. So beautiful! My little man drew my blood as he protected his girlfriend. He flew into my face and bit me. I came to love and respect him so much more that day.

3. pandora97

pandora97 Member

From what I understand, pets will always choose one member of the family for their very own. Often it's the first one to hold or connect with them before they are taken home for good.:)

The only reason I ask is because I've been reading your posts for several months and my heart just hurts for you and some of the others here that have lost their loves. The pain of your loss, the loneliness and that huge empty space in your heart that nothing will fill....these are all felt in your posts.:(

I thought that you might find some comfort in caring for a pet. I have always loved dogs and the unconditional love they give back to their humans is never ending.:)

I did not lose my spouse but I know the pain of grief. I lost my son Michael when he was 15 years old. He like your Susie died of cancer. He had a brain tumor and the chemo and radiation along with that terrible disease caused him to waste away to nothing. He died slowly little by little over the course of 15 months and a little bit of me died along with him each and everyday. He was my only child and when he was gone the emptiness I felt was not only in my heart but in my life. He's been gone 21 years and I still think of him everyday.:)

4. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Not offensive at all, Bill, at least not to me. Love Monty Python and Mel Brooks. :D

5. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Thank you everyone. Pandora I'm 64 and any pet would outlive me so I would like to get a pet butunfortunatly it won't work for me.
    I am so sorry for your loss.

6. pandora97

pandora97 Member

I don't see how you could know this but there are plenty of animals at shelters that need loving homes. However, if you are reluctant to commit to adoption you can also offer to foster. Just a thought and I don't mean to push you but animals can really be a big comfort to us.

7. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Thanks Pandora, I will check it out.