1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

LIVING FOR OTHERS

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Bill Z, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

I am in a similar position to several others here and I really don't see anything to live for. I am not suicidal as I realize that that is not a solution so I will sadly live out my life in service to others as my focus. It lessens the pain of the loss of my beloved .

I just read this in a wonderful new book by Karen Noe:
    Nothing in Nature lives for itself. Rivers don't drink their own water. Trees don't eat their own fruit. The sun doesn't shine for itself. A flowers fragrance is not for itself. Living for others is the rule of nature.

Sure it can be rationalized that the flowers fragrance attracts bees to pollinate and procreate but it is through the giving of the flower not taking, but giving.

With what's left of my life and I pray it's not much, I will do what I can to give back and help others.

kim, Monika, Ski and 3 others like this.
  2. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

Giving back makes that constant crushing feeling of Her physical loss a little less painful.

I might be playing music again. Last time I really played from my heart was music for my beloved and She prepared to go back home. Since than I lost the interest/ability. Thinking about teaching again. I have the opportunity to plant a garden in my apartment yark. There are small children here, it's an urban area, if I can give them a love of the garden, the dirt, the smell of the ground and the plants as they slowly appear, if I could do that I can combine my knowledge of gardening with Susie's incredible teaching talent and wisdom I would be giving back and my time here would gladly be so much shorter.

Amore, Monika and Ski like this.
  3. Ski

Ski

That's really sweet and wise, Bill. Those are lovely ideas...just make sure you open up and truly experience everything you do. I love helping others, it makes life worth living. It brightens up my day, and it brightens up others day, too. Remember when you were a kid, and just doing simple things made you so happy....that's the way to live, love and make friends.

Amore and ravensgate like this.
  4. kim

kim Active Member

I love that thought Bill. If only humans could live like that. You have lifted my consciousness with this post. I look forward to leaving the earth realm also, but I know it will best to let it come in its own time. We are here for some reason whatever that may be.

Amore likes this.
  5. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Bill, that is lovely said and very truth. And i will definitely try to find and read this book you mentioned :)