1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Little girl from my past life, showed up in a picture with my children

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Ski, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Ski

Ski

I had a past life dream ( I didn't know it was at the time, although I knew the dream meant something) I'm not going to go in full detail, there's a lot more to the story. But the little girl, showed up in several dreams, she had a short white dress, amd long blonde hair. She was mute, and did not talk. I felt she had a communication disorder, possibly a form of autism. She was about 6 years old.?..and the setting seemed to be around the 1600s, although that is an estimation based on the surroundings, house, furniture, ect.

I always woke up before I seen what happened to her.

At first, I found the dream intriguing because it seemed so real...But, it was also a dream. So I left it at that.

Until....Easter of 2003. My 3 year old son was dressed up in his holiday best, to go to a family Easter egg hunt and party. I sat him down in front of the fireplace...that had glass doors. I took the pictures and did not notice anything unusual at the time. One day I was going through the pictures to put them in an album, and I noticed my reflection in the glass...you could see me taking the picture....and then right next to me, was the little girl. The glass was very clean, so I could see it clearly. She was standing right next to me, in her little old worn out white summer dress and her long blonde hair...she was just as solid as me in the picture. The reason I didn't notice it,maws because it was in the backdrop of the picture...on the fireplace glass door.

I took this picture to work, to get second opinions....I did not tell my coworkers what was in the picture. I asked them if they saw anything unusual in the fireplace glass. They look amd studied at it for a second, and immediately started jumping up and down, freaked out....and yelling YES! YES! There's a little girl in the picture, OMG!!!

My coworker ended up keeping the picture with him for a week, to make copies, so he could take them to his friend who is interested and just started studying in hauntings. He was the one who taught me about houses made of stone, and how they can hold energy....

But, I knew the dreams were real of the little girl, when she showed up in the picture next to me and my son.

I find myself wondering why, and what happened to her....because it's odd that she would show up in this life through dreams and a picture. I always wonder if she died young or something...I've been terrified in this life, that something could happen to one of my children. I always thought it was normal for parents to be overprotective, but mine is extreme at times, like I wouldn't even let my son get his license until he was 18...because I'm afraid something could happen to him, an accident. I get the feeling this might stem from that life, like an accident happenedbut I'm not sure....I can't quite figure it out. I didn't see what happened to her...

I had another dream after this, in another time...and a different house. Approximately around the 1700s. It's a completely different house, and very big. All I see is myself running through the front door, straight up the stair case and into a room....I know exactly where she is at...and I race up to that room, she climbed up on a French looking decorative board in her room, and she reaches out, and I grab her in my arms...then I wake up. I notice in all the dreams, she sits on her little knees...like little kids do....and she's always waiting for me, and I'm always panicked to find her, because she is lost or hiding. Even now it makes me a little upset, because I can feel the panic in the dreams to find her. I do get the impression from the dreams, that I didn't like or get along with her father very well, and that's why she hides.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  2. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

What amazing experiences! I've had vivid, never-to-be-forgotten past life dreams, so I do believe you were experiencing memories of past lives. I've heard of spirits being able to impress their images on photographic film and that it's an unusual skill that can depend on the psychic abilities of the person handling the camera too. I would treasure that photo! I'm still searching for any image at all of the little half-Chinese girl I was during the Gold Rush days in California or of the rich girl who lived slightly after that time. I haven't given up hope finding a photograph of either of them, though it's more likely that there are surviving pictures of the wealthier one.

To me, it seems likely that there are correspondences between those particular lifetimes and this one--lessons that we're here to learn--so IMO we should pay attention to the information we've been given and see how it might apply to our current life. Your insight into your own protectiveness with your son is an example of this, I think. Have you read any of Dr. Brian Weiss' books on hypnotic regression to other lives?

3. Ski

Ski

Hi Widdershins,

Yes, after here things started happening....I would regularly go to Barnes N Nobles to find out about what I was experiencing. I actually accidentally stumbled on his books, as the paranormal section was right next the religious section...which is where I initially started looking for answers.

I was having tons of psychic experiences because this was right after my NDE. I'd always had psychic experiences, but because they were sporadic, and far and few inbetween, I didn't know what it was. It wasn't until after my NDE, they became even more vivid, pronounced, and happening all the time...that I realized it wasn't normal, yet it was real.

I think you are right, the past life dreams and visions I have received are very much reflections and closely tied to my experiences in this life....as well as my family heritage.

There was one, where I was a soldier, approximately 20 years of age....and I died in war. I was also male....I seen and heard my last hours, even my death....which we were ambushed and I was shot in the head, right after seeing my fellow men being ambushed. I also saw the funeral, American flag, and horses carrying my coffin....with the towns people following behind, taking me to the cemetery. I had spurts or flashes of myself in that lifetime, earlier in my life....but didn't make sense of it until more dreams and visions happened over a decade later, again.

I've never been famous, or anything. The lives I have seen, are replicas of this life....same scenarios, same lessons, sometimes the same people....but different gender roles.

The lessons seem to be slowly learned...like I might be a more cautious parent in this life, I might be more cautious about war, or I might not overact to certain situations, that I might have in another life.

My feeling are initially the same, but the way I react or handle the situation might be a little different, or not....which reflects how slow we do learn lessons, but also shows our progress.

I understand that I was a younger soul n those lives...not that those situations weren't traumatic, I just persevered through the same situations in this life. It's been a particularly hard life...things I put up with in those lives, I won't now....situations where I wouldn't forgive, I do now....things that would cause me to jump off the deep end....I walk away from now. It's always things like that...these are very trying situations. I've had to suffer the consequences, but it's for different reasons now....amd learning to be at peace, because a lot of the choices I made this time around...we're just as hard, but they were the right choices....and so I learned it doesn't matter always if we are right or wrong...sometimes the right choices are just as hard, and require suffering....albeit, not always from our part. Learning to live in peace, and to love.

Widdershins3 and Bill Z like this.
  4. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Thank you Ski. You wrote:
    "The lessons seem to be slowly learned...like I might be a more cautious parent in this life, I might be more cautious about war, or I might not overact to certain situations, that I might have in another life. "

Through hypnotic regression and other practices I remember a handful of my past lives, just "regular" people nothing famous. A striking one that I mentioned in another post here that, Ski your quote above shed some light on, was as a Confederate Lieutenant in the Civil War. Before I knew of this past life I went to a Civil War reenactment and went to a Union (North) field hospital populated by who I would later learn were my "enemies" in that life. You mention being more cautious about war and overreacting. I have never felt the hatred and rage that I felt that day. Here I was passing people bleeding in cots, being operated on, horrible suffering (again, it was a reenactment) and I wanted to see them suffer more. Looking back, I am troubled and amazed that I could hate and rage so much.

I think we are here to learn. I no longer feel that hatred or rage against any one or anything. I believe I am seeing more clearly now I believe/hope and better understanding the importance of love and compassion as our true path rather than hatred and rage which is so prevalent right now in so many ways. Thanks again Ski.
    Peace.

Ski and Widdershins3 like this.
  5. Ski

Ski

You are welcome, Bill. It's very interesting, isn't it?

I wanted to join the military when I was 20, I thought it would be a good career to get into. I didn't go into the military because I had a small baby and I didn't want to sign over my rights to a relative. A year and a half later, 9/11 happened....we went to war.

I did t know about my past life as a Civil War soldier at this time, I didn't know that my own 20 yr old uncle died in Vietnam four months in.

It wasn't until years later, a lady who was at my families house, at a BBQ...and read my palm. Then she started doing past regressions....I really didn't know about them, but I was having some weird things happened....and it was a new concept to me(being raised baptist) It took several times, but I did get an image of a teenage male(I'm female) in a tan-ish brown uniform, admiring himself in the mirror....it look like he had just got his uniform. I noticed he was on the 2nd floor of a farmhouse.

What was weird about this....is I had a dream in my early teens, years before...of being in that same room, looking out the window...and watching people show up for a gathering at our house. In the dream, I was sick...and got out of the bed to look out the window....because it seemed to be a holiday, amd faring at our house.....possibly Easter, but I'm not sure. It was the same room and house.

In the regression, I just saw myself buttoning up my uniform in the mirror....and admiring it, really excited, actually. I couldn't stop looking at it....then the image froze of him in the mirror, then turned a Sephia color. Then everything went black. I really did not know what to make of this, because I was looking for something else....and I am female. Never did I image that a past life regression could show me that I was a male.

It was in my 20s at that time, and it wasn't until my mid 30s....that I saw my last night alive, my funeral, amd the cemetery. It was so sad....it played out perfectly in a dream....and dreams are where I get most of my psychic information.

I stood out in a field, approximately 50 yards from them, the dream took a Sephia color....and I watched the horses carry the trailer with my wooden coffin, and the people of the town walking behind it to the grave yard. I was afraid to get up close...I remember not wanting to see it. Also, I felt ashamed, that feeling of regret. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be, I don't think I knew as a kid, what I was getting into. I think I thought I was going to come back a hero in the that small town. I know that it didn't cross my mind that I would die, until the night before I died....when the fighting got nasty, and many of us hid in a trench until morning....when we were ambushed and killed the next morning.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Widdershins3 likes this.
  6. Ski

Ski

You know, Bill....those were probably your initial feelings at the time you were in the Civil War....the feelings most prevalent at that time. When I was taken back in dreams, I didn't feel the way I feel today....I felt he emotions I had back then. The most obvious was regret and fear....I spent a terrifying night in a trench or ditch....amd watched others like me, cry and feeling regret for not being able to say good bye to my family amd my girlfriend at that time, and because the weapons being used, the sounds that night were terrifying, probably even more so than the actual deaths I saw....loud sounds of guns and weapons still upset me, and I had dreams of loud weapons and cannons balls, guns ect in this life.

We stayed frozen(there was about 5 or so of us) in that ditch hiding, the entire night with fighting, until the next morning. We did not get out until approximately 8:30 am.....even then I seen us very cautiously, and almost tip toeing out. It was bright and sunny that morning, and very quiet. We weren't out of the trench more than a few minutes, 2-5 minutes....with no sound of them, before we were ambushed and shot. They had been waiting for us. I seen the guys in front of me shot, and going down...it happened so fast, and then a loud bang in the left side of the back of my head....and that was it. I didn't feel a thing, my last recollection was the deafening loud shot at the left back side of my head.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    Widdershins3 likes this.
  7. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

That is very interesting Ski. I died in the heat of the battle. I was not able to feel the regret you mentioned about my family it all happened very fast. I was shot in the chest and blown off my horse. Probably totally enraged and filled with adrenalin just wanting to destroy the enemy. I think that where the rage and hatred came from.
    I posted this on another post here: I was in a Reiki session and a guy was working on me and he said my chest opened up and there was a sulphur stench. I realized it was sulphur from the gunpowder.
    I did learn that the hatred and rage were aimed at people who we're probably my family and friends in other lives.

Ski likes this.
  8. Ski

Ski

The smell of Sulphur is also indicative of negative emotions such as rage or hate....from what I've read. I'm glad you are doing better these days. I still have stomach problems, I should try to find a healer to help me.

I think we had two different experiences of the civil war, and two different reasons. Mine had nothing to do with hate, but pride and ego?..which may have had to do with my age at that time.

It is interesting how the people we love the most, can become our biggest enemies. They evoke the most betrayal amd rage in us. I've noticed when I've been through this, it's hard to forgive someone close to you, over someone you really don't have any ties to.

9. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Ski, I have family members who I have allowed to feel hurt from love communicating with the love of my life. I say I allow myself to feel hate from because I need to accept it. No one can hurt us unless we let it in, IMO. I have forgiven them. They were in most cases trying to help. I'm convinced those who have transitioned if they communicate see things from a higher perspective.

Widdershins3 and Ski like this.
  10. Widdershins3

Widdershins3 Active Member

Just fascinating. Both of your stories are full of meaning/learning. Wonder if the young guys you were then ever encountered each other? That's a good point--about dreams being a source of psychic information for you. Me too. Back when I was actively precognitive, almost all of my premonitions came in dreams. I need to think more about that...

I lost almost all of my psy abilities when my son got sick. I assume that my mind tried to protect me from seeing any of the unbearably painful things that were coming. But I miss that psychic "extra sense" so much. It never returned, even after my son's death. Then in the mid-2000's I lost the ability to remember any dreams, even normal ones, except a few times a year. Oddly, last night I managed somehow to remember one, which was a real treat for me.

bluebird and Ski like this.
  11. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

My own abilities in that area seem to have largely vanished since my husband died. In my case, I suspect it's because I no longer trust my own intuitions and perceptions, since (aside from a few small things which weren't strong enough to allow me to prevent my husband's death) they were not evident or helpful when I most needed them to be, in connection with my husband's then-impending heart attack.

Widdershins3 and Ski like this.
  12. Ski

Ski

I relate to both of you. I went through a depression a few years back...and I noticed that it affected my own abilities, I quit having them. Then I noticed when I recovered, that they came back, though not as much or prominent. I don't seem to remember my dreams as much, anymore....but I still have what I call as bleed throughs, where I will randomly see images here and there, and pick up intuitively upcoming events.

Mine were most prominent for years after I had my NDE....do you think that this might be because of the spiritual elevation or higher frequency? I've noticed I don't get them as much when I'm down, or when I'm feeling closed off....which can last a long time.

bluebird and Widdershins3 like this.
  13. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I lived in a "haunted house" for a few years and IMO we cleared the bad energy but I just wanted to share this about a "little girl" that I used to encounter there. The town dated to the mid 1600's and a lot happened there. I senses a little girl who something bad happened to. I did not discuss it because it was too weird. I finally sold the house, there was a lot of bad energy there that I think we cleared. My oldest daughter was in the basement with me with a pile of teddy bears that my youngest, now mid 20's had when young. We never discussed the "little girl" but I asked my oldest M if I should save the toys for my youngest or throw them out. M replied: "they are not hers, they belong to the little girl".

Ski and Widdershins3 like this.
  14. Ski

Ski

Very interesting, Bill....

Did you discuss it ahead of time with your daughter, or did you both just pick up on it being a little girl?

It certainly defies logic how we can pick up on energy, gender, age and emotional states of those who have passed on, that we have never met. I did that with my uncle after he died in Vietnam.

15. Ski

Ski

Yes, BB...I can see how that could happen. It happened to me as well, although for different reasons...the depression, anxiety, and other feelings of loss, clouded my abilities for about 4 years. I can still feel psychic phenomen, but I noticed my attention is on other things I am still reeling from, or day to day life situations. I'm still a believer, I have my bad and good days...but I don't feel as open as I use to be. I'm okay with that, I understand it, but it does bother me sometimes that overall, as a healthy human/ spiritual being...that I'm not as uplifted or feel as open as I use to be, with or without the psychic experiences. I still put my best foot forward most days, but I have become more acutely aware to the suffering and pain in the world....it's not something that I can ignore, I just keep my experiences, beliefs, and what I've learned that much closer to me...and I try to share them with others like myself. I have noticed, that the more I share my experiences...that others also have the same or similar experiences. I am not alone for certain, and talking about our spiritual experiences helps me to understand more, especially when being open and honest...even your posts, in your own honest, and innocent way...helps me understand more. I use to be so embarrassed to share my experiences...and now, I'm just completely open to understanding amd sharing all that I've seen, and experienced without shame, embarrassment, judgement, or fear.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Widdershins3 likes this.
  16. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Ski,
    I'm sure my depression and anxiety aren't helping, either. I don't expect anything to change or get better during my life, since my husband is not here with me. I am never "uplifted", anymore. As far as sharing experiences, I don't think anyone should be embarrassed to share what they have experienced. Some people will believe you, some won't, but that's the way with most things.

Ski likes this.
  17. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Hi Ski, my daughter and I did not discuss the little girl prior to her telling me the stuffed animals no longer belonged to my other daughter but "Now they belong to the little girl". That's what blew me away. I was having visions and dreams of the little girl but never told anyone.
    BB I am so sorry for what you and many of us in different ways are dealing with. You said you are never uplifted and that is exactly how I feel. The joy has been sucked out it seems. I know we will be together again with the loved one's who transitioned but until than I go through life emotionally empty.
    Peace.

Ski likes this.
  18. Maria

Maria Member

Every time I read about ghost children I feel sad that they are alone, lost, and earthbound, perhaps for centuries. Why don’t their parents in spirit or other dead relatives come to rescue them? (Another big mystery and question about the afterlife).

Ski likes this.
  19. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Unfortunately, Maria, if those no longer in bodies are actually earthbound, they usually can't perceive their deceased loved ones around them. That is why it can be so helpful for mediums to get involved and get their attention, and help them to make contact with the loved ones waiting for them!

20. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Specialist 'rescue cirles' sit (or have done in the past) to try to reach these sad individuals and help them on their way. Their focus is entirely on helping in such a manner.

I was once privileged to help a small 'earthbound' girl in a similar way although not as a circle member. It was an amazingly emotional experience and one I can still recall decades later.

SashaS likes this.