1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Life Plan

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by tintoela, Feb 22, 2019.

1. tintoela

tintoela New Member

Hi all,

I have been thinking about the concept of our 'life plan' a lot recently. I still struggle with the concept because I find it hard to believe my partner and I would agree to have me suffer so much by his death (and all the other things in my life I have had to suffer through). However, my job involves helping victims of abuse and I feel great satisfaction about helping these people through one of the worst moments of their lives. I feel as if this part of my life is what I was supposed to achieve.

What about you? Do you think you are achieving you life plan?

ChrisGreece likes this.
  2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Great question, Tintoela! And all I can say is that I am trying. Perhaps that is all that any of us can say.

We are told by those that we used to think were dead that every negative event in our lives is an opportunity to choose love over fear. It isn't precisely that simple, but it's close. If a bad thing happens, the only option we have if we want to learn our lessons here and thereby advance spiritually and eventually stop feeling the need to reincarnate is to forgive completely, and to use whatever we have learned from that experience to feel and manifest more love. That's it! And it seems from what you say that you are doing precisely that! Brava, and take a bow, dear Tintoela - you are honoring him, and I'm sure he is applauding you now!

The key to making sense of our lifetimes here is to think of them as INTENDED to be awful. Bad things are SUPPOSED to happen, since unless they happen we won't grow spiritually. This is not real life, so a lifetime of travails that we handle well - by always forgiving and loving and helping others - is a triumphal lifetime, while a lifetime of lazy wealth where we don't think of much beyond our own pleasures is a failure that will set us back spiritually. Puts things in a different light, doesn't it?

3. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

tintoela,

I do not hold with the belief that each of us has a "life plan", at least not in the way I generally see it described here on ALF.

I think it is possible that we may, at least some of us, plan for some of the major events in our lives to occur. I do not, however, believe that every one of us plans for every major event in our lives to occur.

I know with absolute certainty that neither my husband nor I chose or planned for him to die when he did. You know your partner best -- if you do not believe that you and/or he chose or planned for him to die when he did, then you are probably right. Sadly, sometimes terrible things just happen in our lives, not due to any grand plan, not because they are "supposed" to happen, but just as a result of us living human lives. Unfortunately, these terrible things happen as often to good people as to bad people (I'm over-generalizing with the words "good" and "bad", just for the sake of brevity).

As far as your work helping victims of abuse, if there is an afterlife/beforelife, then perhaps that is something that you chose to be part of what you do with your life. Again, you would know best about that. That work is commendable, in any case.

As for me....if I did plan to do certain things with my life, either I did them before my husband died or I won't be doing them at all. For me, there is no point to my life now, no reason for it; there hasn't been since he died, and there never will be again. I will accomplish nothing more.

4. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

"For me, there is no point to my life now, no reason for it; there hasn't been since he died, and there never will be again. I will accomplish nothing more." Bluebird I am so very sorry you feel this way but I think I understand and I feel the same and my dear friend feels the same. There appears to be nothing more for us as we go on like zombies. Yet Bluebird you do a lot of good on this site in helping others.
    I learn from your's and others posts here. It changes nothing in my outlook but I do learn to maybe lessen the pain in others and also to conduct myself better, more honorably. My dear friend (DF), who hates this life as I do, I continue to learn from also.
    DF can be brutally honest with me and called me out the other day about my grief affecting others which I have no right to do. That painful awareness made me see that although I pray for my physical demise I am still responsible for my behavior with others. I thank DF for that brutal honesty because it comes from a place of love for me and others.
    BlueBird you help me and I'm sure others so thank you for this, so you are still accomplishing something through love and Love is all there really is. Thank you BlueBird, Thank you DF and thank you others here who share their pain and loss lovingly as many of us face another day of sadness but a day that brings us closer to Them. Peace.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
    bluebird and mac like this.
  5. bluebird

bluebird Major Contributor

Bill,

That was beautiful and touching. Thank you for your understanding, and for your kind words. I feel much the same about the posts from some of the members of this site, including you.

Bill Z likes this.
  6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I want to discover what mine is. @RobertaGrimes any advice? Im in SA TX still.

7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Kurt, you are almost certainly already living your plan. Few of us discover our plans except in retrospect, in part because I suspect that our life-lessons have more value if we don't think of them that way. I didn't have a sense of what my personal life-plan had been until after I was told in my early sixties that I had completed it, and now I was beginning the plan that I had made to help my primary guide do HIS work! You are still very young. My suggestions are these:

1) Each night before you go to sleep, ask your guides to help you to remember whatever elements of your life-plan they feel that you can remember without doing harm to the plan. And also, tell them that you want their help in executing your plan perfectly! Many of our plans have tough stuff in them - certainly yours does - and it's nice if we will tell our guides that we understand why bad things happen to good people.

2) From today forward, whatever the question might be, love is the answer. No matter what! Every one of our lessons is at its core an exercise in choosing love over fear, anger, hatred, whatever: every lesson we ever face is a lesson in love.

3) To fortify yourself, from now on avoid all negative or violent entertainments, and that includes shooting videogames. If you would like copies of some of my books, just email me and I will send them to you.

For you to get control and begin to do wonderful things with your life is altogether within your power! But you will need to decide that is what you want. Deciding that we will do what it takes to make this our last necessary lifetime may be the hardest love-lesson of all.

Kurt and Bill Z like this.
  8. Bill Z

Bill Z Established Member

Roberta, That was very beautiful and caring. Thank you for your wisdom and desire to share it.

Kurt, hang in brother .

Kurt likes this.
  9. mac

mac Staff Member

I don't give advice but my suggestion for most young members is that they focus on life - this life - and let afterlife issues take second place. As Roberta has said, Kurt, you're likely already living your 'life-plan' but if you ain't then there's no clear way to discover why that is.

Suggestion 1) above is a great one but I'm not confident about the practicality of 2) and 3) although I do endorse the principles. We fickle humans - most of us - will be shaped and influenced by the environments in which we find ourselves and that shaping and influence may very well be an important part of our life plans. And as Roberta points out, they're usually not seen properly - if they're seen at all when we're in-the-body - until much later in our lives.

I'm just three months shy of 72 but I have no clear indication whether ANY of this 'stuff' was in my life-plan. :D

Kurt likes this.
  10. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

How did you know i was playing those games???

I wanna be a youtuber but i cannot picture myself blowing up in fame.