1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

life, grief and suicide

Discussion in 'Death and Life After Death' started by mac, Jan 22, 2020.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

A friend, Candlelight.kk, recently posted on her website (https://lightafterlife.forumotion.com/t1324-new-thinking-allowed#7752) the links lower down this page.

I found the videos thoughtful and illuminating and I suggest they might help anyone struggling to understand the death of a loved one and perhaps also interested in trying to communicate with her/him.

Kurt likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

We need more figures like this in the community. I see far too many who push the narrative that suicide is a wonderful fast track to bliss and paradise.

3. kirolak

kirolak New Member

I feel there is room for suicide under certain conditions; it is the ultimate freedom of decision that we all have. If the pain is too much to bear, why not, after careful consideration & discussion with relatives, spiritual advisors & meditation, simply slough off the heavy body that restricts us? I will not choose to do so; but I can empathise with those who do. Robert Bruce says there is no judgement after suicide, any more than any other form of "death". But those who choose it as a cowardly way out of their troubles, over minor issues such as monetary loss, may well feel deep remorse in the after worlds. But if there were due consideration of the effects on others, & care not to cause harm, why not? I am not an advocate of suicide, but I can understand it; so if if the beings that greet us after death have a greater understanding than we do ourselves, they will also understand. We all need to forgive others & ourselves, I think.

Monika, bluebird and mac like this.
  4. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Good stuff!