1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

LGBTQ

Discussion in 'Carol and Mikey Q&A 'follow-on-discussions'' started by mac, Jun 28, 2019.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I've had an interest in this subject for many decades.

When I was in my 20s (God how awful I can remember that long ago!) I had gay friends but - at the time - it never occurred to me that's what they were! They were just my friends. Over the years since I've looked on at the gay community's struggles and felt sad and angry that so many folk are unable to accept difference, often being antagonistic and/or violently hostile. Things now do seem to be improving and we can only hope that improvement continues. But this is a spiritual/afterlife focused website and this subject has a very definite spiritual/afterlife connection and this conversation invitation links to a question recently raised by a new member in the C&M Q&A forum.

For some years now I've wondered how much our animating spirits - the 'real us' - are able to control the shell in which they incarnate as humankind. For example, can more 'spiritually mature' spirits control their physical bodies, along with the processes that run them, more effectively than others? Might some incarnates suffer from illnesses, for example, that more spiritually-mature individuals can avoid because they are able to 'drive' their bodies more proficiently?

I still have no clear answer to those matters but they lead on to the next point. Do some spirit individuals planning an incarnation decide to undertake lives in which they are not one of the majority sexes? Put more simply, do some choose to be gay, lesbian, bi or whatever?

My guess is that before we incarnate there's some kind of process that results in an eventual, approximate 50/50 mix of sexually male and sexually female bodies to ensure efficient procreation. (Having said that it might now make sense to skew the ratio to avoid the world threatening global population explosion heading for a predicted 9 billion by 2050. But that's another conversation. ;))

If the 'process' were likened to installing a computer program then the default values, suitable for most users, would result in that 50/50 gender mix. Non-typical users would, though, be able to choose to configure certain fields to meet their own requirement. Hence male/female would be the default and LGBTQ would be options.

Just wondering....

2. Hazada Guess

Hazada Guess New Member

I think that your sexuality is chosen to best suit your life plan.

dopier likes this.
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

Which is what I was implying...

4. Hazada Guess

Hazada Guess New Member

I'm glad that we can agree on one thing.lol.

5. mac

mac Staff Member

It's often nice to see things similarly to others but most of my time I don't and I just have to
    get on with it. ;):D

6. Chuckb66

Chuckb66 New Member

Dear Mac and Hazada,

I want to thank you both for your responses. Nine FLIPPIN' billion by 2050!?! Mac, I definitely understand the premise of being put on this planet to NOT procreate. I am a teacher and have many breeder ( I say that lovingly) friends who have children, so that part of me is very much fulfilled. I have absolutely no need at all to have my own. I've always said that the gays were put on this planet for population control. Although I do understand that many gay people do choose to have their own children, and I have for myself seen that because so much more effort has to be put into this endeavor than straight people have to, they often end up being even better suited to usher certain souls back into this realm of both chaos and extreme beauty.

Hazada, I also do believe that being gay was definitely chosen by me while I was home to be this life journey here on Earth. Apparently I needed to learn this lesson of total self acceptance.

I've been an advocate of gay rights since my early 20s, but for the past couple of years now I've been working on accepting myself more fully on a spiritual level. I'm very happy to say that I've been able to make great strides in this area through meditation, free-flowing yoga (I call it this because I get to do whatever the heck I want), listening to books on Audible like the incredible account of Mikey, and other sources that I won't get into here. Using these methods I have been able to accelerate my healing and get over all the additional suffering that a gay child has to endure. I think it also made me a stronger and more empathetic person.

I was recently told by a Unitarian that she didn't think gay rights back in the 70s was all that important an issue. This was brought up because her uncle, upon hearing that the Unitarian Church was working toward legalizing gay marriage back in that decade, had exclaimed that he was adamantly opposed to this notion and that next they'd be marrying monkeys. I'm not sure if this is quoted with complete accuracy, and I can't check the source right now, so y'all on the other side can ask him.

I understand now that the reason this man felt the way he did was because within his own household he was having to deal with accepting the reality that he had a gay son. Sometimes when issues hit a nerve, we tend to overreact.

This man who for decades fought prejudice and injustice as a Federal Judge, later went on to accept his gay son completely, and even attended his wedding right before he moved on. This man, rest his soul and may he be in the very elevated level where he deserves to be, was my father-in-law. Anyway, I'm glad to report that at the time when he announced his opinion back in the 70s, he was asked to leave and never to return.

After I explained to my hubby's cousin that gay people are the only minority who not only have to deal with prejudice outside the home, but often times have to deal with it even more fervently within it, she actually told me that she'd never thought about it that way, but that it now made sense to her why I feel so strongly about this issue. I give her credit for listening with such an open heart.

We as gay people, especially back in the 70s, do not have the protection that often times comes with being a minority. This protection of which I speak is the simple luxury of at least feeling safe and loved for who you are within the walls that are supposed to be your sanctuary; your own home. Many of us grew up believing that who we are was damaged and wrong, and sure enough, our own families were the ones who most helped to instill that hateful notion within us.

I wanted Mikey to further clarify this idea because it is very important that this abuse that gay children have to endure be addressed more thoroughly. In order to have the kingdom of Heaven here on Earth we must make sure we are protecting and giving a voice to all of God's children.

I do feel very empowered now, and things are completely different from when I was a kid in the 70s, but a lot of progress still has to be made, and that's what we're here for.

Namaste

mac likes this.
  7. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hmmmm...

8. mac

mac Staff Member

Unusually for me I simply pressed the 'Like' button to show my agreement and admiration because you've done a fabulous job of presenting a gay perspective and I can add nothing helpful to what you've presented so well! :D Yes 9 billion incarnates by 2050 and I shake my head in dismay at so many.

I'll be dead before 2050 but plan to monitor the situation 'from afar' but I do fear for those who will live through the next half century, even though I know that they knew what was coming before they chose to return and experience it! ;)

dopier, Kurt and Chuckb66 like this.
  9. poeticblue

poeticblue member

@Chuckb66 hopefully you will cherish what Mac just said. It is a miracle if he even thought about pressing the like button here on this forum let alone actually doing it :D.

It was a well thought out post you made, although I do have questions and comments saved for later.

Kurt likes this.
  10. mac

mac Staff Member

Oh I hope I don't come over as that big a curmudgeon! o_O Seriously, now, I only occasionally use the 'Like' button because it would be a lazy way for me to show approval or admiration and I much prefer to write a response. With a long posting, though, and a detailed well-thought-out one that I completely agree with it would be pretentious of me to add anything.

Kurt likes this.