1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Lack of meaning -- the world is unreal to me now

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by bluebird, Jul 9, 2014.

1. dopier

dopier Active Member

Ha, I doubt anyone here would find you petty, ilovelearninhg!

2. LunaKat

LunaKat New Member

Roberta I won't repeat what you said in your PM to me. I think it would raise a few eyes. As I said to you back, remove me from this site. This is a very harmful place.

I have a copy and screenshot of your PM.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  3. Roberta I won't repeat what you said in your PM to me. I think it would raise a few eyes. As I said to you back, remove me from this site. This is a very harmful place.

And remove this post -- it is deliberate troublemaking.

I don't have anything more to say in this thread than what I said already, but this is inappropriate.

4. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

LunaKat you're in danger of becoming a LunaTic.

5. LunaKat

LunaKat New Member

Highlander, I don't know you. But its beginning to feel like that here. Never in my life have I been to a place where people pushed their views on the grieving like this instead of just dropping it. I was very shocked what Roberta wrote, I'm very honest.

There is no time-table on grief. You can grieve decades later. Oh forget it. Think as you all want, you will anyways.

I wanted to stand with Bluebird because there was no one else who did and respected. What a crummy world!

6. bluebird, I hope you don't feel this way. Even people who have said things that made you feel worse have done it with the kindest intentions. You are very much cared for here, even by those who sometimes seem impatient or are trying a "tough love" approach.

7. LunaKat

LunaKat New Member

Tough love on someone grieving? This stands as the all time craziest thing I have ever heard. Whats the time table for grief? When should Bluebird or any of us be over grief? And is that to make the grieving person feel better or other people?

8. Highlander

Highlander Active Member

LunaKat, I don't think anyone is pushing views on anyone. If you think I have done so, then you haven't read my posts. In fact, everyone here is respectful of people who are grieving; there's ample evidence of that. Relax. Peace to you.

9. LunaKat

LunaKat New Member

Highlander, no I don't even know you. This is the first I've seen you post--this and the one other time a few posts up.

I sat here crying over whats being done to Bluebird. I am only waiting for her to get my PM with my email addy and then I have no reason whatsoever to be here. I don't honestly know how anyone finds answers or comfort or anything here. Wish I could say different. But no its not in relation to you, don't know you.

10. Well, if that's the craziest thing you've ever heard, you don't get around much!

I didn't say it was effective or appropriate, I just said it was meant kindly. Nobody has suggested that there is a timetable for grief or that anyone should be "over" anything, or even suggested what "being done grieving" would look like. You are taking a rather specific (and valid!) point and turning it into an accusation that the whole lot of people on this forum are deliberately cruel and hateful.

This is a perception of the forum community that I think few people will share, but you are entitled to your view of us. And you may have the last word, since that seems to be compelling for you.