1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Kurt, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

This is the first time I have ever seen you & you know what?

I'm following. Those are words that really resonate. I hope to see more of your wisdom around.

2. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

Infinite wisdom, yes, built up over too many lifetimes, although this is only the third I claim to know about. As for your answer anyab karma, I think you're talking about punishment-fitting-the-crime if you break it in the past, fix it in the present type reasoning? I don't think I have an incident where that applies, the only thing that comes to mind is lobbying for gun control, but I was doing that in my past life, it's not well known because I was completely ignored. I wondered about karma after reading an excerpt from a book about reincarnating without drying, but it said returning back to life is punishment for an incomple existence and if you committed a crime and got away with it then, you'd be serenaded sentenced for it now -like if something bad happened to someone undeserving, they must have done something in their past life to deserve it? I don't know who wrote that theory, and I agree somewhat, but it sounds bitter, and I think the author delivered his point badly. I'm talking more about the karma of trauma from the past needing to be acknowledged to release it and evolve or feel l relief? I know I need some type of karmatic advice and guidance, I'm seriously stuck right now, this life has been inexcusably bad in ways that don't add up. Reverse irony, like being blamed for something you were the victim of, winning at something then watching the loser take the prize, something you need being given to someone who already has it? If karma is the issue, I need an expert who can lead me out of the confusion.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Perhaps you could expand a little - infinite wisdom sounds a wonderful concept but why your lack of certainty about karmic issues?

I'm interested in what you recall of your previous life where you lobbied for gun control. Would you, please, explain more?

Where did you learn about this notion?

What if karma isn't the issue, though? How would you know if someone was the expert they might be claiming to be? How would you be sure you could trust what you were told?

4. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

I'm not well versed on the subject of karma, that's why I'm asking, infinite wisdom is an expression, and karma is a possible clue to what ails me. There were too many parts to your question, I'm trying to sort this out. I read an excerpt from the book I mentioned, it didn't sound right, but got me worried, and the reverse irony has been happening all around me, the scenarios I outlined were real situations, none of which should have happened. I don't know if karma is the obstacle blocking my path, and it's a rarity in life that I ask for help or guidance, so I'm hoping for answers, suggestions, not more questions.

As for lobbying for gun control, that's what they call it today, that would have been unheard of during the industrial revolution, I was overtly aware of the impact the rifles would have and did have on the number of casualties, and I tried to protest, but it fell upon deaf ears, and those that heard dismissed my protests and quieted me. Everyone else ignored my words, and anyone elses, especially if you were female. All these years later, with a country gimm mad, if I can successfully lobby for gun control and make a difference, it will have been a long time coming.

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Infinite wisdom is the expression YOU used. Karma may be a clue but may not - have you considered other possibilities?

I broke up your long piece into bite-size morsels to make responses simpler and to help us concentrate on a smaller number of issues at a time.

My questions are meant to help tease out how best to answer yours - do you not recognise that approach? I'll ask another question or two. which book? How do you know that none of the scenarios should not have happened? Your asking for help now doesn't change anything but please think about what you're being asked - the questions aren't just random or unconnected....

Then do tell us more.....

So what's your issue? Many folk have been ignored for many things they've said in the dim and distant, things that nowadays are hot-button issues. No-one here is shouting you down or ignoring your lobbying for gun control although you gotta deal with the NRA so I hope you're prepared for those guys to shout you down... Because they will.

Kurt likes this.