1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Kurt, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

This is the first time I have ever seen you & you know what?

I'm following. Those are words that really resonate. I hope to see more of your wisdom around.

2. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

Infinite wisdom, yes, built up over too many lifetimes, although this is only the third I claim to know about. As for your answer anyab karma, I think you're talking about punishment-fitting-the-crime if you break it in the past, fix it in the present type reasoning? I don't think I have an incident where that applies, the only thing that comes to mind is lobbying for gun control, but I was doing that in my past life, it's not well known because I was completely ignored. I wondered about karma after reading an excerpt from a book about reincarnating without drying, but it said returning back to life is punishment for an incomple existence and if you committed a crime and got away with it then, you'd be serenaded sentenced for it now -like if something bad happened to someone undeserving, they must have done something in their past life to deserve it? I don't know who wrote that theory, and I agree somewhat, but it sounds bitter, and I think the author delivered his point badly. I'm talking more about the karma of trauma from the past needing to be acknowledged to release it and evolve or feel l relief? I know I need some type of karmatic advice and guidance, I'm seriously stuck right now, this life has been inexcusably bad in ways that don't add up. Reverse irony, like being blamed for something you were the victim of, winning at something then watching the loser take the prize, something you need being given to someone who already has it? If karma is the issue, I need an expert who can lead me out of the confusion.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Perhaps you could expand a little - infinite wisdom sounds a wonderful concept but why your lack of certainty about karmic issues?

I'm interested in what you recall of your previous life where you lobbied for gun control. Would you, please, explain more?

Where did you learn about this notion?

What if karma isn't the issue, though? How would you know if someone was the expert they might be claiming to be? How would you be sure you could trust what you were told?

4. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

I'm not well versed on the subject of karma, that's why I'm asking, infinite wisdom is an expression, and karma is a possible clue to what ails me. There were too many parts to your question, I'm trying to sort this out. I read an excerpt from the book I mentioned, it didn't sound right, but got me worried, and the reverse irony has been happening all around me, the scenarios I outlined were real situations, none of which should have happened. I don't know if karma is the obstacle blocking my path, and it's a rarity in life that I ask for help or guidance, so I'm hoping for answers, suggestions, not more questions.

As for lobbying for gun control, that's what they call it today, that would have been unheard of during the industrial revolution, I was overtly aware of the impact the rifles would have and did have on the number of casualties, and I tried to protest, but it fell upon deaf ears, and those that heard dismissed my protests and quieted me. Everyone else ignored my words, and anyone elses, especially if you were female. All these years later, with a country gimm mad, if I can successfully lobby for gun control and make a difference, it will have been a long time coming.

5. mac

Infinite wisdom is the expression YOU used. Karma may be a clue but may not - have you considered other possibilities?

I broke up your long piece into bite-size morsels to make responses simpler and to help us concentrate on a smaller number of issues at a time.

My questions are meant to help tease out how best to answer yours - do you not recognise that approach? I'll ask another question or two. which book? How do you know that none of the scenarios should not have happened? Your asking for help now doesn't change anything but please think about what you're being asked - the questions aren't just random or unconnected....

Then do tell us more.....

So what's your issue? Many folk have been ignored for many things they've said in the dim and distant, things that nowadays are hot-button issues. No-one here is shouting you down or ignoring your lobbying for gun control although you gotta deal with the NRA so I hope you're prepared for those guys to shout you down... Because they will.

Kurt likes this.
  6. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

I don't like the roundabout coaxing approach, or the instant doubt or contradicting, I took psychology and it's invasive. I'm polite and respectful, but I'm a very private person, and hesitant when it comes to trust. I was asking about karma because it's uncharted territory, and I'm trying to aim for new ideas. It's 10 a.m. and I'm exhausted, if you're directing traffic, I need to have a case study done and I've asked the institutes that mention case studies about having it done, but they wound up directing me to each other, so if you know of a resource for that it would help a great deal.

As for the NRA, I'll never understand why they have a say in it, but their firearms seem more precious then their children to them. That's the kind of reverse irony I see, but believe is wrong.

Kurt likes this.
  7. mac

You don't appear experienced on website forums - your misperception about (quote) "instant doubt" and "contradicting" indicates it. Whatever you learned in psychology isn't helping you online.

You're also very prickly when I ask you questions.... This website has a focus on afterlife issues and karma isn't often found here under discussion. There are good reasons for that but if you're not interested in learning why then so be it.

I fail to understand the importance of mentioning it's 10 o'clock in the morning.... :confused:

If you know where you're wanting to be why are you here on ALF? We don't do case studies here, of course, although there may be members who know of suitable resources.

Even I understand why the NRA has a say in it - and I'm a Brit! I wish you the very best of good fortune when you find yourself trying to deal with its members. You'll need to be at your most persuasive.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  8. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Infinite wisdom sounds way to cocky.

No I do not believe in fixing an issue. If you are the incarnate of who you say you are then it is impossible to do that. Honestly.

What you should focus on.... Is finding some kind of balance.

Cause an equally good impact in this lifetime, than what you caused in the last lifetime.

9. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Personally, their is no growth without pain so.... No.... Lobbying for it in the industrial revolution as a woman would be a very misguided approach....

The world wars were needed. There will be a collapse one day and that is needed badly.

Preventing it is not the answer...... Making the wait more bearable is. Advocacy for victims of the symptom is an answer. Guns are not inherently evil. They solve more than they cause.

Taking them away is wrong. That's why you have a more painful existence. You blew the last lifetime making misguided efforts. If you were a Nightingale proxy.... You would probably be in heaven.

That's my opinion.

10. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

You want to know why?

You have a lifetime that is full of negative karma because you led a highly misguided effort. You tried to take away guns when a system collapse was NECCESSARY for the future.

You basically tried to prevent the spiritual growth of millions of people in a search for self gain.

You should have tried to make the pain more bearable.

Now? You should focus on making things more bearable.

THEN... You will achieve a Karmedic balance and achieve what you want.

This might hurt, but it's the truth as I see it. It can be backed up by evidence.

11. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

This gets overblown so quickly, and the written word is often misinterpreted. I didn't interfere with rifle sales, I was inwardly against them, but not in a position to act upon it. If you'd like to describe in your own words what this forum is for, I'll look at what you write and see if it matches what I was looking for. We're all entitled to our opinions, so neither of us should be considered right it wrong. I will ask that you don't form a preconceived opinion of who and how I am, especially if it stems from the gibberish recited on the mansion tours, the information has been so misconstrued, the only thing they get right is my name. You don't know a person until you're interacting directly with them. And psychology has commutative dysfunctions that I won't use or demonstrate, so typical methods presented to me cause me to instinctively step back. I don't know what your background ou expertise is, I would find it easier to trust you if you described this to me.

I am exactly who I profess to be, I won't put up a false claim regarding myself, if I am not how you imagined I'd be, find out who I actually am and was.

Kurt likes this.
  12. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I never took a mansion tour...

All I know about the Winchester mystery house Is that it's a mystery mansion....

I have an open mind...

I hate psychology....

13. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

SarahJaina, discussing anything political is strictly off-limits on ALF, just as is any discussion of religions. Whenever we have allowed such conversations in the past they have quickly gone wrong, and to no purpose, since I am confident that despite all the blood that ended up on the floor not a single person was ever persuaded of anything. So please don't mention guns here. And please don't feel or act prickly or defensive, since this is a safe place and the kind of rough-and-tumble bullying that dominates the internet is not allowed here either! So you are safe here, and you needn't get defensive since all you have to do is to reach out to Mac or me and we will at once intervene.

Our topics here are death, the afterlife, the greater reality, and eternal life, all discussed based upon evidence and not personal beliefs. That's it!

14. mac

You've just beaten me to it, Roberta! :)

After some earlier housekeeping elsewhere on ALF I have just returned intending to respond to this thread in a similar way to yourself.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  15. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

Honestly, I hate psychology too, I think it was the other guy I was trying not to argue with? You seem nice, open minded, that helps. As for the mansion, it's not a mystery, and don't take the tour, you'll leave knowing less than when you arrived. And it's not haunted, since I was reborn I have to go there in person, they used to have a looping recording playing for everyone that included "come see Sarah, the famous ghost!" which played right after a tour guide recognized me, and I think they turned it off after that. There were other properties in the cities that make up Santa Clara county, building houses on the undeveloped land that was endless farmland and orchards, now it's the congested overpriced Silicon Valley, and I still live about 10 minutes from the mansion even though I want to move away, I seem to be stuck here for one reason or another? The area and people that wound up surrounding me aren't kind, and the tech companies are unfortunately, sexist. I'm not employable, despite my original algorithms configuration that I had pattented, which was borrowed and reconfigured without my knowledge or consent. Not a well known fact, but a better topic then facing off with the NRA. I need to focus on a positive subject, any suggestions?

16. mac

That's why writing on online forums need care in saying what you intend.

As I've alread posted, Roberta beat me to saying what she did. I ought to have acted sooner - my bad but I was trying to link to the issues you've been trying to describe. But guns and the NRA are correctly off the discussion menu.

Roberta's explained the position very clearly but this is the website's actual 'mission statement': "Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death."

Absolutely agreed but others may disagree with your opinion and challenge what you write - it's the nature of online forums. Contributors should be prepared for that and ideally be able and prepared to support anything they claim.

??? You appear very defensive but one way to find out what others' background or expertise might be is to listen to what they say. Then form a judgment of your own. Self-praise is no recommendation in my view so I base my judgment not on what folk claim but on what they demonstrate. I've asked you various questions to try to untangle who you are and what you might be looking for in order better to answer your questions. But you have chosen not to reply.

An alternative approach is for you to tell us who you are if it's important to you that we know.... Speaking only for myself I have not imagined how you would be but I have responded to what you've said about yourself. Isn't what you've said about yourself actually who you are? At least in part? But who you used to be is moot, not proven.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  17. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

There are certain rules and tribes here, not that the admin fall into the tribes.(although they exist).

You can PM me anytime that you want to. I will be open to discussing anything.

You can also message Mac and Roberta as well. They are both great people.

As far as a topic change.... I don't know...

Lovecraftian horror? Non Euclidean Geometry?

18. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

You're funny, and creative, I will admit, I've not heard of those last two topics. Lovecraftian horror, nope, no idea -is that an online game? I'm still on the waiting list for fortnite beta. The intriguing sound of Non Euclidean Geometry, I've already unlocked the Escher Staircase and walked through relatively, is N.E.G. just as rewarding?

19. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Horror novelist. About the author as shown on Amazon:

H. P. Lovecraft was born in 1890 in Providence, Rhode Island, where he lived most of his life. He wrote many essays and poems early in his career, but gradually focused on the writing of horror stories, after the advent in 1923 of the pulp magazine Weird....

Kurt likes this.
  20. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Lovecraftian horror does not necessarily just revolves around him, although he is the best source of it.

It can best be described as the fear of the unknown.

The opening lines of his most famous novel are ....

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human
    mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in
    the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should
    voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto
    harmed us little
    but some day the piecing together of dissociated
    knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful
    position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee
    from the light into the peace and safety of a new dark age. "

That is the best example...

21. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

So far as non-euclidean architecture goes, that is a bit wierd to explain. He focused in the fear of the unknown and a staple of it was alien architecture that made absolutely no sense at all.

It is very very very hard for me to define....

Basically, Euclidian geometry concerns two or three dimensional grids of parallel lines, and non-euclidian geometry is anything else. For example, picture of gravity wells, showing how space-time becomes more dense around mass is an example of non-euclidiant geometry.

To be sure, I think Lovecraft was trying to evoke images of higher than 3rd (or 4th) dimensional things appearing in a 3 dimensional space, which would be bizarre indeed, and quite possibly non-comprehensible to the senses.

So pretty much, it is alien architecture that confuses the senses.

Yes, the book was written in the 1920s and there was a rpg that came out in the 1990s.

A video game us coming out this year.

22. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

I am impressed!!

He's very famous, but not mainstream. Did you Google him? (Well obviously, but did you know of him before today is what I'm getting at)

I am referring to his brand of genre which relies on overwhelming the senses to produce a profound fear of the unknown.

23. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Yes, the Escher staircase is a perfect example so far as I can see.

Yes. N.E.G. is just as rewarding. You can make it however you want to.

Im also on the fortnite wait list. What else do you play?

24. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

Yes, I've known of him for quite a number of years. I was a big fan of the horror genre in my younger years. Had a full collection of Stephen King novels of I read my first in the early-mid '70's:eek:

Kurt likes this.
  25. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

Great choices!!

26. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

[Stephen King novels of (which) I read my first]...…..(Sorry about that)Duh:rolleyes:

Kurt likes this.
  27. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

It's fine... Don't worry ...

28. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

Kurt likes this.
  29. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

Are we all on hold for fortnite? Don't give their developer too big of an ego. I'm on Imvu too, that's the dress up and party with your Avatar with AP pass, I've actually made some good friends there.

I'll have to find and upload my version of Escher's Staircase "relativity", I placed my Avatar in several places. It's on one of my phone's, this is to be continued.

Kurt likes this.
  30. Kurt

Kurt Active Member

It must!!

Once I get a system I'll share my gamer tag with you.