1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Josh’s AP Journey!

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by Auras, Jul 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auras

Auras New Member

Hello, Everybody!

I’ve took a great interest in this and is something I am willing to start practising.

Let’s start off how I’m going to be practising it. I won’t be using the traditional separation techniques. I will be using techniques referred to as “Phase” or “Noticing”. You can read more about it here, what it is and how to do it.

Attempt 1

I shall be using some of the indirect techniques found is this book as well!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  2. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Hello Josh, I’ve only had a brief glimpse thus far as to what you’ve shared, however when I have the time today I will read more further into what you have posted.

Thanks for sharing :)

Auras likes this.
  3. Auras

Auras New Member

Hi, Bianca(Please tell me that’s your name, I’m bad with remembering lol)

Most of the time I say things as if they’re facts, so please take what I say with a pinch of salt, for example I mentioned the state where AP occurs on the edge of sleep, which I would refer to “The Phase” state. Of course I may be wrong but I’m basing this off research of others.

I would like hear yours/others input on when AP occurs as it’s seems there is a huge debate about it somehow.

Edit: I went out and bought myself a watch similar to fitbit so I should be able to wake myself up after about 6 hours of sleep without disturbing Lauren.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  4. Auras

Auras New Member

Hi!
    Attempt 2:

5. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Josh in your attempt number two, are you stating that you were dealing with some sort of sleep paralysis?

6. poeticblue

poeticblue member

And yes my name is Bianca :)

7. Auras

Auras New Member

I don’t know what it was, It just felt like I couldn’t roll over. Since I’ve never really experienced sleep paralysis consciously I’m unable to confirm that it was sleep paralysis I was experiencing.

I just ended up going back to sleep after I finished the techniques, which is what the book recommends you to do.

8. poeticblue

poeticblue member

I think I may understand what your saying now. You were trying to induce an astral travel experience but for some reason it never fully happened or you were uncertain if it even happened at all. Let’s start with the basics (and again I encourage you to research Jurgen on your free time.)

So a vivid Astral Projection and/or an OBE at least from my experience, occurs when my second round of sleep happens. Not to say it doesn’t happen on the onset of sleep. But the ones that you most likely are to remember, happen during your second round of a dream state.

For example, when I first go to sleep usually at 11:00pm EST, most times I don’t remember my travels or dreams due to my body being physically exhausted at that moment. Sleep is what first and foremost keeps the body well rested to continue functioning. So it would only be natural for most of us to hardly remember any dreams or travels during the first onset of our sleep cycle. However, after I’ve rested up for a few hours and perhaps have had a snack like I normally would do during the day, during my second sleep cycle, I would then fall back to sleep. That’s when the remembrance of astral travels become abundant for. Why? Simply because our physical body no longer needs as much energy to rest after the first cycle. This then leaves the door more fully open towards our subconscious and astral self to explore.

The same can be said for lucid dreaming which is another form of astral travel, only the dreamer is actually aware of their experience as if they were actually still awake.

Regarding astral travel again, I never had to set an alarm or perform any rituals (I.E. the rope method and so forth.) It just naturally happened starting from a very early age. So when members like you ask certain questions about methods to induce one, it takes time for me to answer because I never had to learn how to consciously/subconsciously astral travel.

Dealing with difficult sleep patterns at times has helped me to become more aware of how to control an astral projection and induce one to avoid the panic and sleep paralysis that accompanies it. For instance, if I wake up between the hours I normally would consciously experience an astral travel, I prepare myself for an experience to happen and say a prayer before I fall back to sleep. It’s not a prayer that is fancy or anything. I simply ask for guidance and protection. I would say about 70% of the time my experiences after I say a prayer are normal and/or pleasant. There is the 30% that still may remain disturbing but I liken it to being an experience that I need to closely pay attention to. Otherwise why dream about it at all?

Anyways, I don’t think I’ve answered any of your questions satisfactory :/ .....however I am liking the fact that you are actually researching and taking it upon yourself to learn about these matters. For some reason during the spring/summertime I have a difficult time talking about afterlife matters. It’s not that I don’t want to discuss these matters but it certainly is a cycle.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  9. Auras

Auras New Member

I have went to his website but it was an unpleasant experience as it seems everything is squashed onto the page. Everything was just laid out so terribly I just didn’t bother to read. Maybe it’s because of his age and he’s not that much into making his website look professional or perhaps I’m on the wrong website.

https://www.multidimensionalman.com/Multidimensional-Man/Astral_Travel_and_life_after_death.html

Yes! I’m currently reading a book and this is exactly how the technique is explained. What I’ve gathered from my research is that you can astral project at any time but it is much easier once we have had some sleep because we’re in that state closest to falling sleep which gives you more chance of success. I’m so glad you said this, it has just backed up my research so much. Thank you!

The reason we don’t end up remembering dreams on our first cycle is because REM sleep is less frequent and when we do have REM sleep it doesn’t last for long, this is why it is recommended to wait 4/6 hours because our REM cycles last longer and longer as the night progresses. This is scientifically proven and I know you probably know this Bianca but that’s a little fun fact for someone who reads this!

I’m really torn between lucid dreaming and astral
    Projection, are they both different levels of consciousness? Is astral travel a higher level consciousness or are they on par? I know there are different planes, etheral, astral, non physical, higher level etc, are they only affected by ones vibrations or are they an actual different states of consciousness?

Don’t hate me for this but I really disagree with you. I do not believe lucid dreaming is another form of astral travel. Dreams are generated by our subconscious so they are made up, when you become lucid you influence your dream, dreamscapes are made up/places the dreamers knows that are real/or have visited in reality. This is just my experience and research with lucid dreaming, so I know it sound like I’m saying you’re wrong and I’m right, that’s not case, I just have very bad wording, just to let you know. I don’t mean to come across rude!

Ah you’re one of the the lucky few! I wish I was a natural.

Interesting, I’m actually the opposite, my sleeping pattern is always over the place and it really affects my practice with most things. If you don’t mind sharing I would love hear one of your disturbing experiences.

10. poeticblue

poeticblue member

Well my oh my! A lot to soak in my young friend. You responded quickly than expected as if you already had your questions and answers written.

I’ll respond back as soon as I can. If I can respond so quickly as you, it would be a miracle. You have a witt about you which I like, yet you are also kind. You remind me of the Admin here. :D

Anyways I’ll respond no later than tomorrow afternoon.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Auras likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.