1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Jesus

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by JesusIsLord, May 12, 2013.

1. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

On the third day, Jesus left the spirit realms in his spirit body and returned to the earth and entered the tomb. Jesus dematerialized his battered body of flesh and blood into the surrounding atmosphere and was able to accomplish this because he understood and was able to call into operation certain laws of nature. At the time, Jesus did not realize that it would be the means of creating a fairly good representation of his countenance on the cloth that had wrapped his body.

No one at the time understood the power that he had over matter, and because of this the people believed that his body arose from the tomb, and hence, the churches teach that the bodies of mortals will also arise at the time of the Great Resurrection. This, however, is not the case, because the body that dies disintegrates into the elements and never again will these elements constitute that same body.

Jesus then materialized a new body with the elements drawn from the universe. This body, to a degree, seemed like flesh and blood and closely resembled his own body. He accomplished this by the culling of the cosmic elements of the universe to create a body with the appearance of flesh. This process conforms to the building of organic molecules around a spirit body in a similar way in which ectoplasm is borrowed from a medium and used to enable a spirit to be visible to mortal eyes.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  2. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

Jesus left the tomb by passing through the rock that barred the entrance. The stones blocking the entrance to the cave were later rolled away by a bright spirit in the form of a young man who was sent by God for this purpose (Matthew 28:2). The strength he displayed in this task was obtained through the transmission of energy conveyed to him by the many spirits who were present at the time.

He used a guard, whom he put into a trance by suggestion, as the means by which he obtained the necessary ectoplasm to bring about his materialization. When the guards realized that his body had disappeared, they relayed what they had seen to the chief priests who, after consultation, decided they would bribe the guards to say to the people that his body had been stolen from the tomb by the disciples.

When he revealed himself to Mary, she did not recognize Jesus, for his appearance was not the same as it was when his body was entombed. Although he did have the same countenance and eyes and voice of affection that were familiar to her, his physical appearance was different and she thought that he was the gardener (John 20:15).

3. Huh?

Pray tell, how do you know these things, JIL?

Jesus entranced an unwilling guard, forced him to be the medium for his ectoplasmic source?

The gardener looked like a fully materialized, ectoplasmic-coated spirit-man? :D

4. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

I am not Jesus, I am not JILL. I know of these things by conversion to Spiritualism.

5. JIL = JesusIsLord as I am TIS.

Not touching that one. :)

TIS

6. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

It became impossible for Jesus' father to remain in Palestine after being revealed as the father of the crucified Jesus. He was afraid of the consequences, both political as well as religious, of the crucifixion. That afternoon, under a second concealed name Cleophas, he and Jesus' brother, Thomas, hastened to Emmaus (Luke 24:13) to escape what they thought was going to be certain arrest and crucifixion. Jesus went after them in order to bring them back to Jerusalem, so that all his disciples would be together when they saw him.

Thomas had begun to doubt and his attitude could have been disastrous to the entire plan of salvation, by bringing pessimism and skepticism into the minds of his followers. That is why Jesus went to Emmaus and had Thomas and Cleophas recognize him, when Jesus broke bread with them (Luke 24:30-31). At that time the divine love flowed into their souls, and they immediately regained faith and returned with Jesus to Jerusalem to face whatever dangers might be there. On the next Friday, Thomas was there when he poked his fingers into Jesus' side, and what he experienced gave him faith (John 20:27) that Jesus was the resurrected Christ.

7. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, JesusIsLord! But, double-dog-dangit!! When I was told this morning that someone with your chosen name had materialized here, I was sure you had to be a religious obsessive come to preach to us on a Sunday morning. I thought, Wow, what a terrific Mother's Day present! And I hurried to get my coffee and settle in to wait for your posts. But now I find out that you are a sophisticated and knowledgeable person. I'm delighted that you're here - don't misunderstand! - and I think that what you've said above is a reasonable interpretation of what probably actually happened (the fact that Jesus looked different enough that few people recognized him is a great catch). But, golly! Can't you do at least a little preaching ;-)?

(If you've read very far here, you'll see that some of us - or perhaps it's just me - are ardent followers of the teachings of Jesus, but not remotely fans of the appalling religion established in his name nearly two millennia ago and still - incredibly, when you think about it - being taught to children today.)

8. If Jesus saves
    Well He'd better save Himself
    From the gory, glory seekers
    Who use His name in death.

9. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

Roberta Grimes,

Happy Mother's Day.

10. rofl
    I see what you done there.

11. RobertaGrimes

Thank you! Happy Mother's Day to all mothers here, and especially to our much-beloved Carol!! And again, dear JesusIsLord, welcome - I'm looking forward to your participation.... ;-).

12. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

TIS,
    Jesus saves no one. Follow his path, accept responsibility for yourself. Ye shall reincarnate until you do so speaketh Silver Birch.

13. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

I understand it is expected that Jesus will return to establish a kingdom on earth and take with him those whose names are written in the book, and destroy those whose names are not written therein (Revelation 20:12-15). This, however, is not the case, because when Jesus brought to light that God had bestowed upon humanity the great possibility to obtain the divine love, the necessity never arose for the coming of another Messiah.

Jesus never taught that his reign would be an earthly one or that he was to be king of the Jews in any other than a spiritual sense. Men do not need him as a visible king, with the powers and armies of the spirit world in visible form, to subdue the evil that exists. There is no Satan to fight against, and, in fact, Jesus is already fighting for the redemption of men's souls. The only devils that are trying to influence mortals to evil thoughts and actions are the spirits of men who once lived on earth who still retain the evil and wickedness in their hearts.

14. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

I know that it is expected by most Christians that the world will someday come to an end (Mark 13:31). The world, meaning the earth, will not have an end in the sense of annihilation, but will continue to revolve on its axis, have seed time and harvest and produce and reproduce those things which are necessary to sustain life. It will continue to have its appropriate seasons of heat and cold and move along in its orbit as it now does, until some change, of which I do not know, may come and destroy it. Humans will continue to be born, live a short time and die a physical death; for each individual, the end of the world comes at that death and thereafter their habitation will be in the spirit world.

The kingdom of heaven is a place as well as a condition. There is nothing nebulous or impalpable about the kingdom, nor is it a reflection or image of the soul's condition. No, everything in the kingdom is real and substantial and lasting and not subject to decay or deterioration of any kind. The many mansions, of which Jesus spoke, exist in our Father's house (John 14:2) and are real and permanent and not dependent upon the condition of the soul for their existence. Although the condition of the soul does determine where it shall occupy in the spirit world, and from where it will find its harmony and happiness.

15. Silver Birch? Yep, you're a Spiritualist. ;)

16. JIL--------->are you religious and a Spiritualist?

17. RobertaGrimes

Um, yep, I agree with what you've said here, based upon the afterlife evidence. And also based on what Jesus actually is quoted as saying in the Gospels - it's funny how little of what is said in the Gospels is taken seriously by people who call themselves Christians. I hope you don't mind, but at some point - and after I figure out again how to do it - I'm going to move this thread to the religion section, where it will make sense to more visitors. But I love you for bringing Jesus and the teachings of Jesus to the forefront on these forums once again!

18. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

Religion is not for now. There will be a religion of the future, a comprehensive and final one, and it will be founded upon the teachings that Jesus is now sending to the earth. These teachings will fulfill all the promises of the Scriptures of his Second Coming, and in no other way will he ever come to mortals of the earth. This religion will be inclusive of all the other religions, so far as the truths that they contain are concerned, with the addition of the greatest of all truths affecting mortals - the New Heart and the transformation of the human soul into the divine by the inflowing of God's love.

Spiritualism is dying a deserved death yet I hang on.

19. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

20. Jesus, Silver Birch and now Mahatma, you are well versed, JIL! You must meet our mac. ;)

21. RobertaGrimes

Oh my goodness, are you ever an optimist! I consider myself to be an incorrigible one, but you make me look like Eeyore by comparison. From your mouth to God's ears, dear friend!

22. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

I have visited Mac the Blog and find that he knows not of what he speaks.

23. I'll have to take your word on that one, JIL, mac has his blog blocked to me. :(

24. Celera

Celera Active Member

Why would Jesus' father (generally believed to have died before Jesus began his ministry) have taken an assumed name, when Jesus' brothers and disciples did not?

How could Jesus have known how to dematerialize and rematerialize his body and but not have known that this process would live an imprint on the shroud?

I find details like this rather troubling in your account, although on the whole it seems like a plausible explanation of the Resurrection. I also would prefer that you credit your quotations, although TIS saved me the trouble of looking up Gandhi's quip about Christians and Christianity.

Despite these and a few other minor reservations, I find your posts very interesting, JIL and am glad you have joined the conversation here!

25. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

OMG, Jethro Tull.. You got me swooning, TIS!!! Thank you.

26. 'Gate it was Tull that opened my eyes to the astonishing false face and inherent cruelty of religion. True this. I roadied for Anderson in the early 70s, it almost got me tossed into Vietnam early. Kinda forgot my grades if you get my drift. ack!

27. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

I know not the reason for the family of Christ but only the Way of the Lord.

28. Celera

Celera Active Member

I was referring to your clearly historical premise that the father of Jesus took an assumed name in the time directly after Jesus' death. In that context, other historians believe that Joseph actually predeceased Jesus by many years.

It matters not, of course, even as history it is a small point. I was just curious about the source of your alternate view of these incidents.

29. JesusIsLord

JesusIsLord Banned

When you as I have leaned on and are of strong countenance in the Light, I stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness