1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

It's so quiet!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Oct 22, 2018.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

After a flurry of activity recently as fall was beginning the boards have gone really quiet...... It's odd how member involvement drops away so markedly. I hope things soon pick up again.

Kurt likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I try to keep it pumped up.... I think me leaving mughy have done something... Sorry...:(

3. mac

It's not your responsibility, Kurt, to keep things moving and neither is it anyone else's..... Things happen when they need to happen and it's just one of those quiet times. :)

Kurt likes this.
  4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

It’s totally Kurt’s fault. :p

But seriously I’m more of a lurker now and so are some other folks. A lot of us have had a long track record here and it’s nice to take a break and relax. So if I’ve been quiet along with a few other members, it’s nothing to think too much about. Activity on this forum definitely comes in waves, and sadly enough it usually takes a troll to rile things up. Hopefully that mess in the past won’t happen again, but I won’t hold my breath or else I may just cross over to the Astral Realm permently.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  5. mac

The afterlife focus of this website likely means it will always have a pretty small number of regular contributors and questions from new members.

Unlike one other very active website where I'm a member, we don't have forums such as can be found there - just a few examples are: affirmation, angels and guides, astral projection, astrology, auras and chakras, channeling plus approximately 76 other forum headings!

Kurt likes this.
  6. Monika

Monika Active Member

I am all time here. Just most of the time I have nothing to say in the discussions :)

7. mac

And I'm here much of the day - on and off - but have already said much of what I can say in previous years. Nowadays I find I'm repeating things more-and-more. I guess that's what old folk do! :D:p

8. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Same here. Every now and then the forums are about the meaning of life and the structure of the afterlife, which I can happily go on about.

Then, they will tilt to after death communication and I do not have anyone to communicate with... And nothing to say, so I try to make them feel better.

Other than that, I try to always have something going in the off topic section.

9. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Pick a topic, start a thread, would be my advice.

Kurt and poeticblue like this.
  10. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Makes a whole lot of sense actually.

Kurt likes this.
  11. mac

That would then be me talking about me or about my interests. I've done that many times in the past. That's not what I'm about now. :)

Kurt likes this.
  12. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I remember those. They were fun. ...

(Heavy breath)

Another thing the election killed...

13. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Same here.....:oops:

Kurt likes this.
  14. mac

One thread that has had great appeal is the 'Beauty' one where members have enjoyed posting pictures and personal photos. :)

That's something anyone can get involved in even if they have nothing to contribute to regular conversations.

Kurt likes this.
  15. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I'm glad to say that it is one of our most successful threads. I will keep it going until it finally (and rightfully) takes the crown from that godforsaken rabbit hole of an alien thread...

Disclaimer : I actually love the alien thread. I read it when I am sad because it makes me laugh and I become happy again.