1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Is our sacrifice valuable for the spirits in the afterlife

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by SashaS, Nov 13, 2018.

1. SashaS

SashaS Member

I met a friend which has lost her son in very young age by accident. I know that she is a religious person. She told me that she is sacrificing some pleasures in her life for the sake of her son to gain a better place in afterlife. IMO I don't think that is possible! Everyone is unique and each experience is valuable for the person. Anyway, is that possible?

Kurt likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

.....:confused::confused::confused::confused:.....

Maybe she wants a higher level of Spirituality so she can join him on his?

SashaS likes this.
  3. SashaS

SashaS Member

:) Yes Kurt! Or him in hers! ;)
    Maybe is something religious!

Kurt likes this.
  4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

no

Kurt likes this.
  5. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

As with everything else regarding an afterlife, I don't think there's any way to prove or disprove this. In my opinion, however, no, what your friend thinks she's doing is not possible. Nonetheless, it may give her some comfort to believe that she is able to concretely improve her son's existence in the afterlife, so as long as it isn't doing her any harm, I wouldn't try to dissuade her from the idea.

SashaS and Kurt like this.
  6. Ruby

Ruby Active Member

It sounds like a form of penance, maybe caused by misplaced guilt, which seems universal when children die. Her idea of the afterlife doesn't sound very attractive, also formed by religious ideas.

Kurt likes this.
  7. SashaS

SashaS Member

I agree with you bluebird! As a mother she's trying in her way to provide for her son. As you say so as long as it isn't doing any harm, I wouldn't try to dissuade her from the idea.

Kurt likes this.