1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Is music made in the afterlife?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Kurt, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Is it?

Bill Z likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

According to what I've read - yes.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

That makes me feel better. If anyone's seen the saga of eulogies I have made in the past year I have seen 3 good artists pass who loved their craft....

Thanks Mac.

I'm glad to know that they are enjoying themselves right now and having fun.

RIP Mac Miller

4. mac

Kurt I'm pleased I could put your mind at ease.... :) And a namesake of mine has gotta be good! :D BUT, BUT, BUT your guys may not now be playing the same stuff they were playing as incarnates.

Of course they MIGHT be but equally they could be learning an altogether different instrument or a different kind of music. Still enjoying themselves - perhaps enjoying themselves even more than when they were here - but maybe experimenting with new stuff or re-acquainting themselves with all the stuff they played before the last time they came to live in this physical dimension.

Kurt likes this.
  5. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Kurt your question/thoughts about the Music are interesting to me. I come from three generations of musicians that I know of and if the Music doesn't continue than an after life would seem so shallow to me.
    Unlike the other arts, painting, photography, sculpture, writing, etc , the Music has no physical form. Sure it comes from things of wood, skin, bone, entrails, metal but that is only the vessel as IMO our bodies are only the vessel for this eternal life, constructed of many of the same components. But the Music is vibration only, like the essence of everything else: varying levels and intensities of vibration yet it is more real IMO than many other things I consider a part of reality. All I can understand of it is that it's a vibration and perhaps the breath of the Creator? Who knows, I surly don't. "In the beginning was the Word (vibration)...."
    After all these years I still don't really know what the Music is, no definition has ever made total sense to me.
    I do know the Music has made me who I am, how I experience, perceive and understand life, how I relate to others. It has allowed me to travel, meet new people, meet the love of my life and even recently so many people I have come to love and it has touched so many people I know and love. Maybe it's a form of love and life. It has opened my heart. It is sacred as is life.
    Like the afterlife which I know exists and have experienced but have little understanding of although I continue to learn about it is the same with the Music, Music/vibration is eternal. I also know life is eternal. Listen to a Tibetan bowl for example. Long after our feeble human ears no longer hear the tone we can still feel the vibration and long after our feeble hands no longer feel the vibration it continues as does life for eternity.
    After a lifetime of studying, performing and sharing it I know the Music exists but still have little understanding of it. Same with the afterlife for me. Thanks Kurt for this post.

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

As usual now I can't remember (!!) which account I was reading but somewhere I had once read some guy's account of his early 'days' after he returned to the world of the spirit.

In it he told how he (or the companion he was with) had received a telepathic invitation to a concert. When he got there it was an amphitheatre where he sat in the grass covered bowl watching where the music was coming from. I don't think he described seeing musicians or instruments but he was overwhelmed not just by the glorious music but also by the color show.

Kinda like the light displays that accompany music festival performances here I'd guess but probably way more intense. We've got a lot to look foward to, folks!

Kurt likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

That sounds Great!

8. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

You're welcome Bill. Thanks for enlightening me.

9. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

That sounds amazing. I cannot wait to go there. I agree that we all have something big to look forward to.

ForeverAutumn likes this.
  10. EddieRay

EddieRay New Member

I've often wondered what role music plays in the afterlife. Aside from the joy of playing and hearing it, might it serve some function?

It's clear to me from the talent some children exhibit early on that it survives over reincarnations. But other skills also survive; math, poetry, chess, etc. Do they play chess in the afterlife? Are math skills put to good use in the afterlife?

Also, I often hear it said that time does not exist in the afterlife, and even here in the material universe it's just an illusion. But time is so important in music. How to reconcile?

Kurt and mac like this.
  11. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

What if math people make new places?

....imagine Stephen hawkiHa right now.... Making a whole new plane of existence....

12. EddieRay

EddieRay New Member

How long does it take to hear the Minute Waltz in the afterlife? And that's assuming they do cover songs there.

Kurt likes this.
  13. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

The dead consistently tell us that our hearing there is so much better that we cannot here even imagine how wonderful the music is there! And yes, there is no objective time, but that doesn't mean that discrete events don't happen and it doesn't mean that we can't invoke an illusion of time when we need it.

ForeverAutumn, Kurt and mac like this.
  14. ForeverAutumn

ForeverAutumn New Member

The descriptions I've read of musical concerts in the afterlife with all the son-et-lumiere effects do indeed sound very grand and exciting.

But I'm also wondering if it's possible (and customary) to be able to enjoy music in a more private way. If all our memories are present after we die (and remain perfectly accessible), could I perhaps sit down somewhere quiet and simply recall - "play", as it were - some of my beloved classical recordings, a bit like someone listening to an mp3 on their phone?

Being an introvert, that idea has some appeal. :)

Kurt likes this.
  15. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

If an afterlife does exist, and if it is anything like what many people on this site believe, then I don't see why your desire wouldn't be possible. After all, if souls continue after death, are able to communicate telepathically, and are able to construct a simulacrum of earthly reality if they choose (such as a house, or trees & other natural things), then I don't see why a bit of music would not also be possible. ;)

Kurt likes this.
  16. I don't see why a bit of music would not be possible.

Kurt likes this.