1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Is it too easy?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Celera, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Bella

Bella New Member

Thanks for asking this question about the etheric double. I find it interesting that Native-American tribes talk about seeing this double rising out of the body at the time of passing. Since my hubby is very much into sports, life, as verified by several mediums, and in the visitations (he is doing pull ups), he seems to take great pride in his stamina. This body, which has no organs, is such a source of pride for him. Carol, can you ask Mikey if this etheric body is even more real (which is what I have read) than the physical body? Does it require work to get this body into shape?

2. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

If you want rain you can have rain. If you want snow you can have snow. As a matter of fact there is snow in the afterlife particularly on the mountains. But the snow is not cold. Its actually quite warm to the touch. If you want a change of weather it will be yours. Vic plans on having an autumnland rather than a summerland in which I plan to join him. Falling leaves with slightly cooler weather. I plan on having rain every now and then. The afterlife in general is warm with pure light. But you can change it up temporarily if you want. You can have anything you want. Its a thought away.

With that being said, there are some things that you think you may still want when you return to the afterlife only to find out that when you get there and shed your human physical self... that you may not want those earthly things anymore. But if you do.. you can still have it! No need to worry about that friend!!!

3. chrismc3

chrismc3 New Member

Mac Wrote :

---A discussion beyond that might be more appropriate in another thread. ---

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am with you there, matter of fact...After I had already posted I was sorry I even used the word 'Sex', and maybe should have kept it towards the...'Affection /Intimacy' aspect of things.

As far as the reasoning that our bodies were designed for physical pleasure in order for us to reproduce...(and forgive me Mac, I dont have your exact quote handy)...I would venture to say this is quite true, except in the last few (50 or so ?) years, this is certainly not the case, (and I could be wrong) there are MUCH more people enjoying sex just for the 'Pleasure' aspect than to reproduce. (?)

(it has almost become a 'Sport', which I admit is sad)

Having said all THAT....This is the last I will post on this subject, but c'mon...I KNOW I am not the ONLY guy out there who has wondered about this particular aspect of the afterlife !

And as I said...I am more interested in the 'Musical' aspects of my query, as even in this lifetime, I seem to derive more (prolonged) pleasure in music than I do sex, but I am getting to be an old Fuddy-Duddy ! (and I am only 56) I know, I know...TMI LOL !!!

Interesting conversation though...

Thank you Carol and Mikey :)

chrismc3

4. poeticblue

poeticblue Moderator

Whatever form of sex is used in the afterlife.. I will be doing it every single day.

5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I actually didn't write anything like this: "As far as the reasoning that our bodies were designed for physical pleasure in order for us to reproduce.." I don't remember if anyone did but if you take a look back at my statement, I emphasised matters very differently. ;)

And following on from that I think the global situation may not be what you're suggesting when you say: "....this is quite true, except in the last few (50 or so ?) years, this is certainly not the case, (and I could be wrong) there are MUCH more people enjoying sex just for the 'Pleasure' aspect than to reproduce." With a global population of ca 7 billion and a projected 9 billion by mid-century my feeling is that the procreation urge is as strong as ever.

In our affluent west, however, with conception control widely available, one might be tempted to think it's more for pleasure than procreation but one would need data to know if that's the case.

6. mac

You may be doing it single-handed! :cool: If you still have a working bit that needs a steady hand! :eek:

7. vic smyth

vic smyth New Member

Astral sex?

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

8. mac

You can keep your rain, snow, falling leaves or whatever. All I'm planning on is a full head of hair and I'll be working on that as soon as I get settled in!

After several decades of folicly-challenged life, getting my head burned or frozen if I'm even slightly incautious outdoors, I'm going to indulge myself - even though there's no sun to burn or cold to freeze me there!! ;)

9. chrismc3

chrismc3 New Member

Hey There Mac,

If I mis-quoted you in any way, please accept my apologies, I am not here to be in any way 'Combative', I sometimes go for several days without puter access, for one reason or another, but the more important aspect of this post is that I DO respect your opinion, or I would not take the time to respond.

I wish you well :)

chrismc3

10. mac

It's not a problem as my original is still there but folk don't always look back or follow an ongoing thread - they could reach the wrong conclusion about my outlook. :D

Thanks for your consideration - it's appreciated.

mac

11. Fasaga

Fasaga New Member

We are Eternal Mind - So I guess we just have to think about it.

12. vic smyth

vic smyth New Member

Maybe that's why Eternal Mind reincarnates, cause It gets horny?

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

13. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear friends, as best I have been able to determine - and Mikey has concurred on this site - we do not have physical sex after death. Nor do we miss it. There is instead a kind of merger-based energy exchange - what Mikey calls a hug earlier in this thread - which is apparently more pleasurable than sex and has no morality attached to it. I think it was Bob Monroe who talked about having this experience while astral-traveling in the Summerland: he met a group of several men and a woman, and the men goaded the woman into showing him this pleasure-merger-hug sort of thingy. Gender doesn't matter, but they thought Monroe might be creeped out if a male body tried it with his male body. Now, Monroe's astral body was not precisely the same as a Summerland body would be, but he said that the woman stepped into his body-space and then out of it again and he was surprised to find that her doing this produced an intense, tingly, energy-based pleasure. Just another little something to look forward to ;-)!!

14. Bella

Bella New Member

I felt a little funny about saying this, but a Spiritualist medium told a group of us that she experienced what she called "soul merging" while communicating with her late husband. She was holding his framed photo and crying when he made one of his frequent (She spends a lot of time with him, apparently) appearances. She said it was better than sex. Everyone in our group wanted more details, but she said it was indescribably wonderful and way beyond anything they had had while both were incarnate together, so I guess words can't describe it.

15. Celera

Celera Active Member

There is probably a lot about the afterlife that can't be described in terms that are limited to this life.

To tie this back to my original question -- it makes sense to me that sexuality in its purely physical sense, would have no place in a world where there is no need for reproduction, just like food or rain would not be needed. The mechanics of such a world are just different.

Plato wrote about an idea, called the Theory of Forms, that individual things in this world are just replicas or images of the true universal thing. I'm sure I've stated that in a ludicrously oversimplified way -- but this sounds related to what Roberta has shared about the "soul-merging" -- the feelings of intimacy that is the best part of our sexuality is just a preview of much deeper intimacy that will be possible in the future. Maybe that's true of other things that we imagine we will miss in the future. Perhaps the satisfactions of good wine or a summer rain or beautiful music are all just shadows of future fulfillment of some kind. Much like a painting of the beach can be beautiful, but it's nothing like being on an actual beach.

16. Jack

Jack New Member

Roberta, I'm sorry but if I can't do it the old fashioned way with penetration and some form of spiritual ejaculation then I want no part of the afterlife.

17. mac

It's getting on for 5 years since Celera opened this thread and it's quite some time since I saw her here last..... She may still be a silent visitor but anyone replying to her specifically may not get a response from her.

18. mac

Others want no part of an afterlife either but for other reasons. As far as I'm aware, however, it's not optional.

Corporeal death here leads on to spiritual life elsewhere in the etheric. You can say/resolve you don't want any part of the afterlife but you can't actually avoid being alive there.

However if you are determined enough you will be able to 'turn your back' on what others do in the so-called afterlife and live a life not involved with them. It's not exactly the same as not taking part in an afterlife but it could be your way of rejecting the notion of a form of sex you don't want to take part in.

Perhaps the spiritual equivalent of cutting off your nose to spite your face though.... ;):D

19. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

It's up to you what you might prefer, Jack, but I have to concur with Mac here. Reality is reality, and others before you have found the afterlife alternative to be actually a great deal better!

20. Nirvana

Nirvana Member

"...we need to understand that suffering and pain have no value in enlightened Galactic society liberated from the influence of Dark Forces and other aspects of cosmic anomaly. To value pain, suffering and sacrifice as a part of the growth experience was a part of the programming from the Dark Forces in order to enslave the population of the occupied planets more easily."

http://2012portal.blogspot.com/2012/04/galactic-codex-normal-0.html