1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Is it too easy?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Celera, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Celera

Celera Active Member

I'm not really disagreeing with you, mac -- it's just odd for me to contemplate something that I can't articulate. It's not a problem I encounter very often.

I appreciate everyone's discussion of this issue, though. And, if it really will feel like I'm finally home, and my Aunt Margaret is there, I won't have any complaints!

2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

"....it's just odd for me to contemplate something that I can't articulate. It's not a problem I encounter very often." wonderful observations and very reflective

Been there, done that..... Over the years I've read and written about this 'stuff' my thoughts have become less muddled, more simplified, the more I do it. Constantly having to formulate and re-formulate my thoughts and ideas have taken me to a point where they are much clearer in my mind and constant addressing of similar points when trying to help others with their own difficulties has helped me too.

Of course there are limits to where I can go in my mind's eye and I'm not always able to grasp some notions which are dancing at the outer edges of my current comprehension. But that's where some of the notions I write about used to be but which nowadays I can grasp. I constantly test my ideas by challenging what others are saying to see if they can show me where I've got it wrong. I don't like the feeling if I have been wrong about things but I'd be mortified if I realised later rather than sooner. So what am I wittering on about?

I guess I'm saying that the more one contemplates, meditates, researches, discusses or whatever way works for any particular individual, the better the chance they have of moving forward in their understanding.

I'm sure you will have been reassured about this already but if you're as dear to your Aunt Margaret as she appears to be for you, she'll not only be there and waiting for you on your passing but is likely already to be around you here-and-now. :D

3. How often do you think they are around us here and now, Mac? I am told they have things to do. Can they be doing those things and be here around us at the same time? Doesn't the pull to be around us make them earth bound then?

4. Sapphire

Sapphire Member

Thank you for sharing this, Fallen. Wow.

I have never experienced anything like that. What a game-changer!

5. mac

I think it's near-impossible to know for most of us. I feel sure that many/most of them will be getting on with whatever it is that makes life tick 'over there'. We're conditioned by our lives on a daily basis and life without time-markers such as days and the working week etc. is unknown after we grow into adults. We rarely get to do much stuff outside of those constraints - the opposite of how things will be when we've passed over and potentially we'll have things to do and learn that interest us and which we may not have been able to spend time doing while incarnate.

I would expect, though, that some of our unseen friends and relatives take an interest in what we're thinking or doing but how much they'll be aware of is another tricky one. Mikey and Carol are no guide for the rest of us as their relationship is highly unusual. Can they be doing 'stuff' while still maintaining an involvement/interest in what we're doing you ask? I've not heard anything to indicate that and most tasks need concentration so even if it were possible, I'd expect one or the other would need to be the primary focus - just as on earth.

If they were too involved with following our lives they might spend a lot of time in doing that and neglect other needs or desires. That wouldn't make them 'earthbound' in the conventional sense, though, as they'd be electing to remain close by the earth plane rather than being unaware of their passing etc.

When one says they're likely to be around my own view is that they're likely to be nearby at times when they 'feel a pull' perhaps because of emotion or stress or even for reasons such as these kinds of discussions. It really does depend on the interest of the discarnate in what their loved one is doing. And at those points they may draw near either emotionally, psychically or physically which is why some sensitive individuals may then become aware of them, even if they can't be sure what they're experiencing.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. This is probably closer to the truth for most people. I wonder if your great-Aunt Margaret would have viewed reincarnation and the different afterlife levels as also a part of the 'weird life experience' (illusion) that one wakes up from?

With Lovingkindness (metta),
    vic

7. Not trying to be 'Risque' here, but I have often wondered if there is sex after death. (?) I wonder if we might need or even want it on the other side ? Seems like it would depend on how important it was to us in this particular realm. And by this I am NOT talking necessarily about the 'Down & Dirty' aspects, merely pure, physical affection, intimacy...etc...a simple kiss, hugs, holding someone close...will we even desire this ?

No matter...LEAST of my worries, but I am a guitar player, (not great, but fairly good) and I like to 'Jam' with others every chance I get, so I have always wondered if musicians get together there. I do know there is music, but from everything I have read...it is always like a chorus....I.E...Like a church choir, giving praise to God...etc...Albeit, this is usually what people report as they are first entering the 'Kingdom', (for lack of a better word) and these accounts are usually NDE's, at least from everything I have read. (thus far)

Oh Well...Just something to think about.

(Maybe Carol and Mikey could weigh in ?)

chrismc3

8. You're welcome. I think this kind of experience is available to anyone, but I think my personal experience was the result of my level of dedication to spiritual progression. Prior to the experience, I sought the most intimate relationship possible with God, which I inferred was mergence. I wanted this like I wanted the air I breathed, and was willing to sacrafice everything and do anything to achieve this. What happened was that my physical self sort of "died" in the process. Obviously I did not actually die, since I was still physically very much alive, but what I think happened was a sort of transition to spirit while still being attached to my physical body. I actually viewed my physical body as a separate entity, and felt unconditional love for it, which was quite weird. There was my higher spiritual self and this "thing" I was inhabiting.

This lasted for about 3 months. The sad thing though, was that I signed up to be in the army a year prior to this, and experienced a considerable regression during my three years in the army. I do not have the same level of dedication that I once had, though I do remain forever changed by this event.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  9. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Mac,
    Mikey tells me your last paragraph summed it up! :) This is what happens . He also says they generally hear us if we ask for them. (I do talk often out loud.) Mikey says the more loving the relationship, the more this type of "connection" occurs after someone passes. If that makes sense. :)

Chismc3,
    Mikey tells me there is all kinds of music in Heaven! ( Or whatever term you want to call the Afterlife.) He says absolutely souls reconnect and play their music together again, etc. If you want to play your guitar and join in with someone, you can! Rumor has it, some old "bands and groups" from years gone by who have now passed on, are playing their music in Heaven! :) You can go to their concerts too and it's free! :) (Mikey's report!)
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

10. mac

"Not trying to be 'Risque' here, but I have often wondered if there is sex after death. (?) I wonder if we might need or even want it on the other side ? Seems like it would depend on how important it was to us in this particular realm. And by this I am NOT talking necessarily about the 'Down & Dirty' aspects, merely pure, physical affection, intimacy...etc...a simple kiss, hugs, holding someone close...will we even desire this?"

All fair points as we're taught we still have bodies in the etheric. But last-question-first.

"...will we even desire this?" It depends. How evasive is that!? :rolleyes: Seriously, though, it does depend.... It depends on the individual(s) concerned, how tactile he/she/they were when incarnate. If they always embraced others, enjoyed being hugged and kissed then yes, they might well continue to desire that - and those who know that's what is liked and are comfortable responding physically - will doubtless be happy to give a physical embrace. At least in the early time after someone's passing and their first reunions but perhaps always... I suspect, though, that such feelings may later change into something less tactile.

But if it's sexual intercourse between individuals it's a much more specific question. In general terms consider the following. Sexual attraction was designed primarily to ensure survival of species. It's a hormonal stimulation generating responses designed to ensure that species have offspring. It's not needed in the etheric realms but I would not be surprised to learn that these physical desires may be carried over by some individuals.

A discussion beyond that might be more appropriate in another thread.

11. Sapphire

Sapphire Member

Carol and Mikey,

I am delighted to read yet more confirmation of music's presence in Heaven. Anthony Borgia's book (re: Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson's experiences) describes going to concerts, seeing musicians playing actual instruments, and how music *is* color.

Music has always been an integral part of my life (playing, listening, singing). Knowing I will be able to continue drumming and enjoying the deep house/chillout/trance music that has been my soundtrack is a tremendous comfort.

12. mac

What's not clear is what form of amplification if there are electric/electronic instruments and/or what form of energy would power any sort of amplifier, if such things exist. I haven't, for example, read any reference to electricity in the etheric or the operation of electrically-powered devices of any description..... ;)

I'd guess that instruments which use mechanical energy - pianos, strings,or drums for example - would work but as we don't breathe air, wind instruments would work using what? And if there's no air, what would convey the sound energy? Maybe all this is too literal and the type of musical instruments we find there will work differently. I, too, have read about concerts but I fancy they will be different than/from the ones we know here.

And much as I enjoy trance, house and garage I'm not expecting to hear them in the etheric after I've kicked my clogs. :eek:

13. Sapphire

Sapphire Member

mac,

I suppose therein lies the mystery ... we won't know how these things work until we get there. Sometimes I try to figure things out using my rather limited 3D physical brain and predictably, hit a wall :confused:

Things "over there" run on a different energy, from what I understand. Music is all about vibrations, right? The intriguing thing is how it is also interconnected with color, according to these accounts of the Afterlife.

Perhaps MS Windows Media Player (and its trippy visual pane) is onto something ...

14. mac

"Knowing I will be able to continue drumming and enjoying the deep house/chillout/trance music....." It's this aspect that began my discussion. Because such music is sythesised electronically (which I love incidentally) - and we have no notion whether electrons are even found in the etheric - then production of this music (or similar) there has a highly uncertainty factor.

And yes music is all about vibration but please correct me if I'm wrong on this but don't we mostly appreciate music via sound and doesn't sound mostly get carried by air to our hearing system?

The aspect of any interconnection of music with color might be similar to synesthesia. Our appreciation of sound - and colour - might be through a different form of sensory mechanism but, unlike synesthesia, would be characteristic of our etheric bodies. Put simply we'll experience music and colour somewhat differently from the way we do now and the production, and experiencing of, both may be totally different from the ways we know now.

Perhaps the "trippy visual pane", reminiscent of the days of LSD etc, may not be too far from etheric actuality.....?

15. Sapphire

Sapphire Member

I know ... I can only hope, unless it's possible to come back now and then and "plug into" Pandora!

And we don't know how music travels on the Other Side; just that it is there. :D

I often wonder whether how we experience music on this plane is inspired by Spirit. It is no doubt influenced from above; it transcends culture, race, language, etc. It is truly the "Universal Language."

16. mac

"I often wonder whether how we experience music on this plane is inspired by Spirit. It is no doubt influenced from above; it transcends culture, race, language, etc. It is truly the "Universal Language."

Pieces of music may be inspired by discarnate friends and although music may be thought of as a universal language, it's one which has value only for certain roles. And not all pieces, or styles, are appreciated universally.

It's a limited form of communication.

17. So we all might get to see that Beatles reunion afterall someday. That is if John and Paul can get along in the afterlife. :) Thanks for sharing, Carol, thank Mikey to for me.

18. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

OK. Sooooooo............ Mikey tells me that music (which is fabulous in Heaven) is different than here because it is created by "mind energy" and manifested by love. You "hear" with your mind. You no longer use your "ears" to hear in Heaven. The "music" your mind "creates", other "minds" can hear. Instruments you enjoyed here can be used in Heaven. Just know the instrument doesn't create the beautiful sound as much as your mind does! (Mikey's report).

Chrismc3,
    Mikey has talked about sex before on other threads. He says sex is not always a loving act on earth. It can be a "physical desire" or it can be an "aggressive act". In Heaven, sex is not a concern and doesn't generally happen. Mikey tells me a hug in Heaven is far superior to any sex on earth with the loving energy exchanged! (He was a 20 year old college student remember!) :) So there you have it!
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

19. mac

"Mikey tells me that music (which is fabulous in Heaven) is different than here because it is created by "mind energy" and manifested by love. You "hear" with your mind. You no longer use your "ears" to hear in Heaven. The "music" your mind "creates", other "minds" can hear. Instruments you enjoyed here can be used in Heaven. Just know the instrument doesn't create the beautiful sound as much as your mind does."

As I'd hinted at earlier any prospect of playing and listening to conventional instruments is just about ruled out. This has been an interesting example of how a subject can be steadily progressed by a stepwise approach to building an understanding by asking simple questions and then asking others based on what's been said.

All too often a potentially revealing subject gets submerged when contributors fail to build on points made and/or add unrelated issues which then pull-focus resulting in the original getting lost. :(

20. mac

"Mikey has talked about sex before on other threads. He says sex is not always a loving act on earth. It can be a "physical desire" or it can be an "aggressive act". In Heaven, sex is not a concern and doesn't generally happen. Mikey tells me a hug in Heaven is far superior to any sex on earth with the loving energy exchanged!"

I think my next remarks are still about the original topic subject.

It's useful to have a contemporary account of how things are rather than just historical, 'text-book' ones about conditions in the etheric. The aspect of sex in the physical - and its primary purpose here - leads on to another consideration, that of the bodies we'll use after we pass over.

It's been taught that after our passing we'll use an etheric 'double' of the body we presently use. That's because we are still very much alive as individuals in the sense that we currently use the word 'individual'. After we pass we'll find our appearance recognisably similar both to ourselves and to others who know us - that's constantly reinforced by personal accounts and by teachings. It appears to be an important issue that we don't immediately become something, or someone, different. We still look like ourselves.

BUT (isn't there always a BUT when mac writes? ;)) a little thought will show that we have organs now that we likely won't need in future. The discussion about music revealed how we appreciate it in a different way. Extrapolate that principle and we won't, for example, need lungs to breath air or stomachs and guts to process food etc. Thinking on in this vein it's surely predictable that the organs which define us as male or female (the 'naughty bits'! :D) won't have a function. The 'bits' (I'm avoiding detailed anatomy references here!) may still be there because they are part of the body shapes we recognise but without the biological function they used to have.

So..... the sex organs no longer need to 'work' in the way they did in our physical bodies and although sexual intercourse might physically be possible, the mechanism wouldn't be quite so straightforward as presently. (As we're adults I don't think I need to go into detail - do I?) Not an impossibility but for most of us (I'm guessing) an improbability.

But we will have solid bodies and the joy from a hug will still occur as it has no sexual component and, as Mikey says, a hug 'over there' is far superior to human sex and involves a huge exchange of loving energy.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012