1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Is it possible for spirits to attach themselves to you and drain your energy?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by JHK, Feb 18, 2018.

1. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

2. Cute Bear

Cute Bear Banned

My opinion only, like virtually everything else I state on this forum. ;)

3. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

But of course, and completely expected.

4. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Yes, improve or build-up your sense of: self worth, confidence, self-respect, self-esteem and personal VALUE. When you have high/healthy self respect, nothing can "drain" you or pull you down.

pandora97 likes this.
  5. Slate-writer

Slate-writer New Member

i had a dream like that a long time ago. this really scary old lady was at the window, then she changed to young. then she came rushing through the window right at me. it woke me up. someone told me she was a banshee, but i don't know. it was a scary dream more than anything. it was nothing to do with the house and i never saw her again.

6. kim

kim Active Member

Can spirits be crafty and just impose thoughts until you grow so familiar with them that they change your perspective?

7. Bill Z

Bill Z Well-Known Member

I can only speak from personal experience. On 3 occasions in my life I encountered some dark forces. Each time I was going through a lot of stress and depression. Two of the occasions were witnessed by others so it was definitely not merely a bad dream.

8. kim

kim Active Member

Some mornings I wake up with good thoughts in my mind and I have a clear, good perspective, but as the day goes on those thoughts seem to get wiped out and my perspective is fuzzy and at a lower frequency.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

Just as in this world individuals can influence us and change how we see matters. They are more likely though, I'd guess, to subtly influence one's thoughts rather than imposing their own ideas to influence you.

One might wonder why they'd do that but when individuals pass over they don't all automatically become caring and saint-like. We might also ask why some folk do similar things in incarnate life.

kim likes this.
  10. bluebird

bluebird Regular Contributor

I wouldn't assume that spirits are responsible for your changing perspective or mood throughout the day. Such changes are just part of the normal human experience.

kim likes this.