1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Is it possible for spirits to attach themselves to you and drain your energy?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by JHK, Feb 18, 2018.

1. JHK

JHK New Member

And if so, is there anything you can do to rid yourself of them. I realize the following is going to sound far from convincing, and I'm far from convinced myself, but years ago I had a dream of an old woman dressed in black outside my window, gliding back and forth above the ground, looking in the window. I took her to be a "witch" and the dream left me shaken. The way she floated above the ground is what really freaked me out. I eventually had my one and only experience of sleep paralysis in that apartment which was terrifying. So fast forward to tonight and I had a dream I was standing outside my house looking in-the front door was open. And I saw what I think was the same witch moving about in the house, gliding above the floor, only she was younger and more attractive. She thought my house was her home and had taken over. Now I realize it sounds crazy to think some entity or spirit or whatever might have attached themself to me because of these dreams that were so far apart. And I'm not going to go off the deep end over it as it could be nothing. But on the off chance something has attached itself to me, is there anything I can do to rid myself of it?

2. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome, JHK! The fact is that there are many low-energy discarnate entities - some of which were once people in bodies - and they feed on fear, so while for the most part they can't harm you much, they have a need to scare you. I don't like to even think about negative stuff, so I'm not an expert in this area, but if you believe you have an attachment of some sort then it is likely that in fact you do. There are so many different kinds of potential attachments that I can't give you an exhaustive set of recommendations, but here are some of the most likely options:

1) Shadow men (which could present as female) need darkness, so sleeping with a night-light can be enough to protect you.

2) Off-track spirits just need to be told that they are dead now and they should look for the loved ones who have come to take them home. You've got to be calm and loving in order to do this well, which is hard in such a situation!

3) Mischievous nasties seem to be in abundant supply. Those who study them could tell you much more about them, but since they also feed on fear your only recourse is to stand up to them. Know that there is no Satan, and the only power these things seem to have is to make you afraid.

4) Extra-terrestrials are all around, and a few of us in particular seem to have been singled out by them for study. I don't know what you can do if you are someone who is being repeatedly abducted by "grays" (which may be organic robots), but some people I have known simply shrug and accept these occasional life-invasions. They don't seem to mean us any harm.

5) Unknowns of various kinds - perhaps a mix of entities - may need the help of a medium who can read them and give you more specific suggestions.

Your most effective protection lies in your refusal to do anything that might attract these things, and in your determination to grow spiritually. DON'T EVER do Satanic rituals or Ouija boards, play negative video games, or even watch scary movies! Instead, put yourself on a path toward raising your spiritual vibration away from fear and toward more perfect love. When your spiritual vibration is high enough, you will never again fear anything.

Widdershins3, kim marine and JHK like this.
  3. JHK

JHK New Member

Thank you for the detailed reply Roberta! I was hoping I could just light some incense or something and tell them to get lost. LOL! I have to admit, my disposition does lean towards fear and worry.

4. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

It's in your power to overcome it. Seriously! lift your vibration toward love, and you will no longer fear anything. Try ACIM, perhaps; or my book, The Fun of Growing Forever. Moving above the fear will make such a difference in your life!

SashaS and kim marine like this.
  5. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

hear, hear to that!

6. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Odds are what you experienced was just another episode of sleep paralysis, or perhaps just a nightmare. You remember the dream and sleep paralysis from years ago, so clearly it had quite an impact on you; therefore, it's not surprising that you had another dream of that same figure again. Also, if you are having some stress in your life (is anything happening in which you feel you are being replaced, literally or figuratively?), the dream could be one way in which your subconscious is trying to work through that problem/issue.

I really think it's most likely that it was just a disturbing dream. However, if you have any spiritual/religious faith, perhaps consider saying a prayer of your faith in your home, asking for blessing, etc., just in case it is more than that.

7. Cute Bear

Cute Bear Banned

What odds? Where can I retrieve this information that you have? What is the odd split between SP and a nightmare and thank you in advance :)

Amore likes this.
  8. bluebird

My opinion only, like virtually everything else I state on this forum. ;)

9. Cute Bear

Cute Bear Banned

Cute Bear said:
    What odds? Where can I retrieve this information that you have? What is the odd split between SP and a nightmare and thank you in advance :)

I see. FYI, "odds" as a ratio, odds as a number, and probability (also a number) are related by simple formulas, and similarly odds in favor and odds against, and probability of success and probability of failure have simple relations. These statistical relationships are borne from the mathematical and precludes opinion.

10. bluebird

Yes, I'm aware of what "odds" means, lol....though you seem to be the only person to not understand that I was speaking more colloquially, as is common in language, particularly on internet discussion forums. ;)

pandora97 likes this.
  11. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

:rolleyes:

12. Cute Bear

Cute Bear Banned

My opinion only, like virtually everything else I state on this forum. ;)

13. bluebird

But of course, and completely expected.

14. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

Yes, improve or build-up your sense of: self worth, confidence, self-respect, self-esteem and personal VALUE. When you have high/healthy self respect, nothing can "drain" you or pull you down.

pandora97 likes this.
  15. Slate-writer

Slate-writer New Member

i had a dream like that a long time ago. this really scary old lady was at the window, then she changed to young. then she came rushing through the window right at me. it woke me up. someone told me she was a banshee, but i don't know. it was a scary dream more than anything. it was nothing to do with the house and i never saw her again.

16. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Can spirits be crafty and just impose thoughts until you grow so familiar with them that they change your perspective?

17. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I can only speak from personal experience. On 3 occasions in my life I encountered some dark forces. Each time I was going through a lot of stress and depression. Two of the occasions were witnessed by others so it was definitely not merely a bad dream.

18. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Some mornings I wake up with good thoughts in my mind and I have a clear, good perspective, but as the day goes on those thoughts seem to get wiped out and my perspective is fuzzy and at a lower frequency.

19. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Just as in this world individuals can influence us and change how we see matters. They are more likely though, I'd guess, to subtly influence one's thoughts rather than imposing their own ideas to influence you.

One might wonder why they'd do that but when individuals pass over they don't all automatically become caring and saint-like. We might also ask why some folk do similar things in incarnate life.

kim marine likes this.
  20. bluebird

I wouldn't assume that spirits are responsible for your changing perspective or mood throughout the day. Such changes are just part of the normal human experience.

kim marine likes this.