1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Is hell real?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Storybud68, Nov 10, 2017.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Kim, I'm sorry that you're uncomfortable, but this website really is not designed to be a place for people to talk about themselves and their experiences, except to the extent that they are looking for help from others here. Its purpose is afterlife education! If you have questions and want reactions to what happened to you, why don't you begin your own thread and there ask for people's comments?

2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thank-you! That is what I was looking for-help from others and encouragement. Jim Rich replied to a thread I started earlier today. I do need support because sometimes my life goes so good, but then I things go down hill.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  3. mac

mac ALF member Staff Member

Further to what Roberta has suggested, here's a long-running 'personal' thread created by one of our members quite some time ago: http://afterlifeforums.com/threads/bruceadamas-thread.1132/

But even when starting 'your own' there's no certainty that members will stick to discussing what you'd like them to; that's the nature of free speech.

4. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Mac I can't find the post because I deleted without reading it on the alerts. I saw it in my email and deleted it as well. But you asked me what I meant when I said you respond to me as though I was a space-cadet. A space-cadet is someone who is way-out there in la-la land. I am glad you gave me Bruce Adama's thread. That is what I need, because I don't need evidence for the afterlife I just need strength and encouragement to keep going in this current life.

5. mac

I have indicated earlier that it's not nice to use emboldened text. Just as upper case letters are seen as SHOUTING when you use bold text it gives the impression you're deliberately presenting yourself forcefully. It's unnecessary and I find it impolite.

What you do with website notifications is up to you but it seems pointless to delete stuff you might later want to refer to.

I very much doubt that I did what you claim but without knowing what posting you believe I replied to you as a 'space cadet' I'm unable to check. Let me know which it is and I'll take a look.

I didn't intend that you should post your own story in BruceAdama's thread. My suggestion was a follow-up to what Roberta suggested earlier namely that you should start a thread for yourself, about yourself, about the story you're needing to tell. Then invite other members interested in your story to respond.

Again as Roberta mentioned earlier, this website isn't intended as a place just to tell your story or get support other than in the context of discussing and learning more about the life that follows our present one. It's obvious to me you're very conflicted and inconsistent. You told me earlier that the life you're leading life is ideal yet you then go on at length about its difficulties, specifically mentioning here (quote) "...I just need need strength and encouragement to keep going in this current life." (end quote)

It's your call, of course, but public forums are not intended as places to provide individual, personalised support. They can, however, help by bringing together those wanting to share similar personal experiences and difficulties.

6. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Sorry Mac, I didn't realize that, but I have double vision. It just makes it easier to proof.

7. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I have found a lot of strength and hope in various psychological systems which promote: Self Esteem, Self Respect, Self love, Self understanding, Self help and also in some spiritual/religious systems which promote and teach things that psychology may not touch upon such as: the afterlife, oneness, wholeness, reincarnation, enlightenment, awakening, soul-advancing and a lot of other self-improving and self-accepting skills, techniques and teachings to pull ME out of depression, fear and self contempt to live as happy and healthy a life as possible. I will leave it up to you to look for and find whatever self-help or strength and encouragement is available to you. IMO, there is a huge array of self-help/enlightenment/salvation systems available to every living being so......to each their own. Sending best wishes and happy thanks giving.....jim

8. Ed A.

Ed A. Member

Kim, if you could produce the post you're complaining about, maybe it would make more sense. But as it is, I'm completely confused as to what you're upset about. What exactly did mac say that so offended you?

p.s. If the conversation has already moved past this, nm, just ignore this.

9. mac

Then please carry on using bold text. Vision is a highly important matter and I will sometimes change text color to try to improve contrast hence legibility on websites where text is indistinct.

10. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

The other day something happened. I saw things with a new state of mind, and I don't feel a need to start my own thread.