1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Is hell real?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Storybud68, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

After watching some videos on you tube of people who clinically died for a certain amount of time on there experiences ,some of them describe going to hell,a place of so much pain and torture we couldnt even begin to imagine,thses people getting interviewd seemed very genuine,they all described tbe same thing.The other thing was they didnt seem particularly bad people.I have to say this did scare me.I would really welcome your views?please excuse my spelling

2. bill zola

bill zola Member

This is just my opinion based upon my experiences and my communication with my partner who transitioned in June and a lot of research. What I believe is that there is no judgment from an outside source only from our higher self. Sounds like cheney and hitler and most currently in power would get off the hook right but, again this is my personal belief, once we transition we move into a greater awareness in a place where only love exists. Imaging the torture within a suddenly aware soul who witnesses the crimes that soul has committed against innocents. Self judgement is much more painful that the judgement of any outside source I believe. I don't know if that makes any sense but again it's my personal belief.

3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Spiritually advanced teachers and guides are the most authoritative sources in my view. bill has expressed his personal views which are pretty much in line with what's been taught for decades and more.

Try reading up on some of the published material and stay away from the online nonsense on YouTube. If you allow your mind to be filled with junk you find online you have only yourself to blame. Remember there was a time not so very long ago when the World Wide Web didn't exist and ordinary folk read books by authors who weren't the narcissists so often seen online. :D

4. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

thank you

5. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

Thank you bill and mac ,i think its good advice to stay away from u tube.im still learning all the time.

6. mac

Try using the 'search' button at the top of forum pages for references to 'Hell' to see what's been asked about, said and debated in the past.

7. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

Thank you mac.i think a lot of what sparrow says actually makes sense in some way.i wander if he really is a spirit guide,i guess we will never know.

8. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

There is (a) no judgment by anyone but ourselves; (b) no powerful negative entity, so therefore no Satan; and also (c) no fiery hell. Some NDE-ers do end up in a real-seeming but imaginary hell BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY THINK THEY DESERVE. Generally they call for help, and they are at once out of that illusion. Jesus talks about an "outer darkness" that is cold, smelly, and awful, but not fiery. That indeed does exist, but if we make any spiritual progress at all it is very easy to avoid it; and it certainly is neither the result of judgment by anyone but ourselves nor forever. Stop scaring yourself with nonsense, Storybud! There is no point to it.

Ed A. likes this.
  9. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I don't know if there is an afterlife or not, but if there is I am of the opinion that there is no "hell". In my opinion, the people who had NDEs like that were likely just experiencing the stress of their illness or injury, which translated into that mental/emotional experience. I've read about many NDEs, and the overwhelming majority of them do not involve hell-like experiences; in those few instances which did, the people involved were generally fundamentalists (often fundamentalist Christians, sometimes fundamentalists of other faiths), and for those people the hellish NDEs likely came about due to their fear-based religions (in my opinion).

Ultimately, the upshot is this -- I don't think there is a hell. Whether there is or not, all we can really do is to live our lives as best as we can -- treat others as you wish to be treated, love others, do as much good and as little harm as possible (through both action and inaction). I think that is the point of life.

10. mac

Use what I term 'The Silver Birch' test. If it appeals to your reasoning, if it makes sense, then listen to what's being said. If it doesn't then pigeon-hole it until it does.

11. Storybud68

Storybud68 Member

Bluebird ,roberta ,and mac,one thing that really strikes is,the time and effort you put into your replys ,its incredibely touching just reading them,i dont personally know any of you ,but i know by the way you write how genuine and lovely people you must be,im a very emotianal and deep person,if i met any of you guys all i would like to do is give yous a big hug.thank you so much .David

12. mac

It's heartening that you are so appreciative of our little efforts, David, and thanks like yours make the effort worthwhile. :)

We each bring a personal, individual approach to the subjects we discuss on ALF and sometimes we may differ greatly in our thoughts - variety is the spice of life it's said. I think I'd be right in saying that none of us expect others simply to accept what we say without questioning but somewhere in our ideas may be one or more that appeal to you or get you thinking in a direction you may not have done before.

We do what we can. ;)

13. RobertaGrimes

And we are happy to hug you right back, David!

14. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

That is very sweet of you to say, and you are very welcome! ;)

15. kim marine

kim marine Member

I had an NDE in 1983. I was unconscious for 13 days and during that time I experienced life in different dimensions of God's breath. When I was released from the hospital I didn't know how to understand what was happening to me at first, because I always experienced LOTS of deja vu. When it kept occurring in my life I noticed that I knew about a few of the events in my life before they actually took place. That is when I had to investigate into what was going on in my life. I wrote to Craig Hogan on this site and he mentioned different planes of existence and said that I had viewed my previous lives. During the NDE and, the experience of the different dimensions, I asked what in the world He(God) was doing to me? God told me that He wasn't doing anything to me, but that I was doing it to myself because I wouldn't wake up and become conscious. God said we are our own judge. I feel the different dimensions that I experienced in God's breath are the "rooms" that were prepared for us in Heaven.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017 at 7:00 PM
  16. RobertaGrimes

This is lovely, Kim!