1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Introducing Myself & My Experience Feeling the Holy Spirit (Or my Mom?)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by LaLuzBella, Jan 19, 2012.

1. LaLuzBella

LaLuzBella New Member

Hi Everyone,

I've been on the website for the past 3 or so months and finally want to introduce myself.

I am 28 years old and lost my mother just shy of turning 16. Though throughout the years I have missed her dearly, I thank God that time heals and that I have seen how losing her impacted my life in such a positive way I can't help but believe that surely there is purpose in everyone's life.

The day my mother died (she had Sickle Cell Anemia but it was still unexpected), I was picked up from work and taken to her home. I was unaware that her body was still there so when I walked into her room with the intention of just being around her stuff and touching her things, finding her lifeless body was devastating. My younger brother was able to go to her body and cried over her, but it was too much for me and I ran out of the house and just ran. I found myself in the middle of what was either a frozen lake with lots of snow or a large field surrounded by trees. I stood there crying my eyes out with great disbelief and sorrow, the house at a distance but still visible. I cried. As I saw the coroner carrying out her covered body on a stretcher, I wailed. At that moment, mid-wail, an EXTREMELY comforting, WARM, CALMING energy went through me. It instantly calmed be and got me to focus as I had cried myself into delirium. It was and AMAZING feeling. It was like God had put his hand through my body. I believe it was either the Holy Spirit or it may have been my Mom, but as wonderful as she was I sincerely believe it was either the Holy Spirit or God because the feeling went through my veins, my heart, my mind with such intention, gentle force and understanding it was most certainly "supernatural". After that, I was able to return to the house still in great grief but with great confidence that God was with me and everything was going to be OK.

Sorry this was crazy long, it was the first time I've ever written it out. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

2. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Welcome to the forums Laluzbella!
    I experienced a similar incident after my son Mikey passed over in an accident 4 years ago. He was 20 years old. I actually had many things happen to me! I know it was my son! Where love is, God is! Because of my immense love for my son, God (love) made this happen. God is love, so when you love someone so much, God makes this "energy feeling" happen! No matter what "term" you use, God... Holy Spirit... your Mom, the bottom line is it's all about love! And it is this love that is God! It is this "loving connection" that always continues! Love never dies! Only our earthly shells! One day we will all be "Reunited Again"!
    Thank you for sharing your story!
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

3. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Welcome LaLuzBella! (I love the name, by the way! "The beautiful light") We're glad to have you here!

I have heard many accounts of similarly calming sensations after a loss of a loved one. It is certainly some type of sign from the deceased, which means that it is also a sign from God. As Carol says above, it really doesn't matter what you call it - it's all Love! Really, that's all God is - he's love! Are you a Christian (typically it is Christians who use the term "Holy Spirit")? I think that the Christian idea of the Holy Spirit came from such empowering feelings like what you have experienced. That Love is the presence of God!! If you are Christian, then I don't want to disrupt your idea of the Holy Trinity, but the evidence seems consistent with the fact that God is One Being, but also all Beings! This is something that we can know while on earth, but not fully understand.

I'm glad that you are beginning to heal after the loss of your mother. It's a slow process, but remember - you'll see her again! And just think, she gets to experience that lovingly calm feeling 24/7!

4. LaLuzBella

LaLuzBella New Member

Thank you both for your insight! I am not a Christian but was raised in the Christian faith. I used Holy Spirit as I'm in the process of reading A Course In Miracles which has been already a remarkeable experience and I'm only 120 pages into it!

5. Andrew

Andrew Guest

I love ACIM! That makes sense though - they do use a lot Christian imagery and wording.