1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Introducing myself and silly questions :)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Truth seeker, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Carol and Mikey

Carol and Mikey Golden Hearts

Hey Truth Seeker! Welcome aboard! This forum has lots of interesting topics and no question is stupid!
    Mikey tells me that anything you want to do in Heaven is "just a thought away." If you want to play a vidio game, you can! Mikey says no one has gotten kicked out of the Summerlands. What Andrew has posted is right on!
    Mikey also tells me that sex is not thought much about in Heaven. (And he's was a college student here!) In Heaven, everyone is loving everyone! So Mikey says sex could really get out of hand.......! Ha Ha! (A little Mikey humor there!)
    Generally speaking, sex is just not an issue. :)
    Glad you have joined the discussion!
    Carol and Mikey "in Spirit"

2. Truth seeker

Truth seeker Active Member

Hi carol and mikey! I Was a college student not some much ago,so you can see why im interested on the topic ha ha.... Its so cool that you can speak to your son,you are very lucky :) .. I have a few friends that passed over including my best friend Rodrigo when he was 21 years old, on a car accident..if Mikey know him tell him I say hi! :) another friend told me that he dreamed seeing him directing a crowd on heaven and that he looked a little bit older..

3. Richard

Richard New Member

Sorry to hear that sex is not a big thing in the afterlife, that is one thing I will miss! LoL Maybe that would make me want to reincarnate!

4. Welcome to the forum Truth Seeker!

Interesting read! I love computer games (being a geek myself and working in IT :)) but I guess there will be more interesting things to do. Good to know anyway!

Good one Richard ;) I would hold the horses for now, maybe we will see things differently from there :)

I'm a biker and I wonder how it will be driving a bike there without engine I guess, lol! When I was reading the book "Life in the World Unseen", the boats did not have an engine :)

Anyway, whatever there will be, I sure hope it will be fun.

Cheers
    Wonderer

5. Welcome Truth Seeker! Wonderer mentioned the book Life in the World Unseen by Anthony Borgia. I highly recommend this book if you want good descriptions of the Summerland. However, the person who communicated the material from the Summerland (Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson) died about 100 years ago, so there are not really any mentions of new technology made, though I am sure it is there now, if you want it! I'm not sure if you can download a Kindle or Nook version of the book in Mexico? If so it is fairly inexpensive to download from either Amazon.com or Barnesandnoble.com.

6. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Welcome to our family, Truth Seeker! My own research has concentrated in a tremendous amount of material developed in the early 20th century, which has somewhat limited my perspective. What the others are saying here largely agrees with my understanding, but I would just add that in the early 20th century some of the dead were asked specifically whether there were phonograph records or radio in the Summerland, and they gave us an emphatic NO. The dead said that there was no need for such things, since real music there is so much better and so abundant. Therefore my first instinct is to speculate about whether they would have the same answers on TVs: there is too much to do there, including plays and concerts, for anyone to want to bother with television. And where video games are concerned, there is evidence that they turn our team sports into contests in cooperation (I have no idea how!), so I don't think that violent video games would be available, or would even be wanted. So I am delighted to hear that Mikey - our greatly beloved resident expert - tells us that you can play video games there! I just would guess that maybe they aren't the crazy shoot-fests that I have seen over my grandson's shoulder.

what Mikey says about sex is consistent with what many others have told us. As hard as it may be for the living to believe, dead people simply don't care about sex! Their reality is so much richer and happier, so much more chock-full of things to do, that I have come to guess that their reason for not caring about sex is more than just the fact that there is no procreative need for it, and more than the fact that apparently they have a body-melding thing that they can do as an alternative. No, their main reason may be the fact that life here is so much paler and sadder and so much more restricted that the living might have elevated sex because (to be frank) we don't have much else. And the the dead may have abandoned it because they have so many much better things to do!

Thank you, dear Truth Seeker - great questions ;-)!

7. I've been following the discussion and I think the lack of interest in sex would be physiological/biological, rather than it ranking low on the scale of fun things to do. :D Maybe that could be lumped in with no need to procreate, but I'm saying I don't think the physical desire is present.

8. Andrew

Andrew Guest

[Sorry that this reply is brief, but I have been very busy today so I don't have time for a more detailed reply.]

Hi Awakening! I think you're right that there is no physical desire to sexual intercourse in the afterlife, due to the lack of physical bodies and the need to produce offspring. But, I think there is also a sense that the loving energy there is so pure and wonderful that it cannot compare to the physical act of sex. There was one account I read of a near-death experience where a man was shown a preview of heaven. He said, flat out, that sexual organs couldn't compare to the love in which you're constantly surrounded.

I hope this helps!

9. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Roberta, your mention of body melding made me think of something that I read in an astral travel book a year or so ago. Apparently, there is type of intercourse that can be had with the astral body, but it is more of an energy melding experience. The book I was reading only mentioned it briefly, but it sounded very much like the Summerland practice of body-melding. Perhaps it's the same thing?

10. Hi Andrew and I will agree that both answers are applicable only if love is in fact associated with the physical act on the earth plane, ie - much earth sex has nothing to do with love. Splitting hairs here I know, but in that case I go with the lack of physical desire being more applicable.

Also I think you meant to say in your post that the physical act can't compare with the loving energy in spirit.