1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Intro

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by dingodile, Mar 18, 2018.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

No, dear Gene, it's easy! In fact, there is no such thing as metaphysics; but rather, that is a pejorative term used only to absolve scientists from studying non-material evidence. There is just one reality, and none of it is "material" in the sense of solid. That sentence deserves a big, fat period!

2. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

I have sat with many psychics and mediums, including my late wife, and I have had direct contact with many family Disincarnates so my basis or proof of an Afterlife is simply the experience of speaking to and with a Disincarnate that I once personally knew. I have no "proof" to offer anyone other than my own, personal experience so it could be argued that I was hallucinating, hypnotized, confused, fooled, insane, etc., etc. Since my direct and personal experience of contacting Disincarnates is absolutely real to me, I find no point in going into meaningless arguments and philosophical ramblings about the reality of an Afterlife. I certainly would not base the presence or absence of a Disincarnate on a one-time meeting with a "kind and sincere man" who did not or could not bring a Disincarnate to the session. Not all the psychics I met were able to bring in a Disincarnate to the sessions.

The only way I currently know to over come these "epistemic challengesB" is to go sit with a Medium and ALLOW the Medium to bring a Disincarnate into the session. I say "allow" because many frightened, angry, sad or cynical sitters can unwittingly block the Disincarnate from showing up at the session. If you, or anyone, need to understand the Disincarnate life/world, I'd recommend reading some books by James Van Praagh or go sit with a few Mediums.

i wouldn't even bother to "challenge" an academic/intellectual but can offer that the Disincarnates I personally encountered, including my late wife, were just as "alive, conscious and individual" as they ever were while in the Incarnate plane or state. The Disincarnate plane is just as "real" as the Incarnate/earth plane or state BUT, I have to way to prove that to an academic - for now!

The encounters that I've had with Disincarnates required NO "evidence, reason or proof" of any kind. The personality of the Disincarnate "was convincing enough plus a few details from the past that only the Disincarnate could know.

Re: "What could possibly count as a reason to believe such a thing?"
    I did not simply "believe" I was in communication with my late wife and other Disincarnates, I KNEW they were who they were and still are! The need for "evidence" and/or "belief" is OK but totally beside the point. When you know a Disincarnate is present, belief and evidence becomes meaningless UNLESS you are so suspicious, skeptical, afraid or angry that you completely discount your own realization/experiences. Fear alone will prevent you from seeing and KNOWING that you are in contact with a real Disincarnate!

RE: "That problem is compounded by the possibility that there are discarnates with an interest in deceiving us."
    No Disincarnate I've met (so far) ever tried to "deceive" me but a few psychics tried to! I relied on my own common sense to see through their "deceptions". The Disincarnates were honest, respectful and LOVING.

Re: "One person who argued against the coherence of disembodied consciousness was the late Jay Rosenberg, who wrote the book Thinking Clearly About Death, in which he made his case."
    The Disincarnates that I met and know were what I could call disembodied conscious beings but still had the very same personality/beingness that they had in bodily forms. It's obvious to me that there are many other states and forms of consciousness or beingness than our Incarnate/earthly ones but I can't prove any of that for now.
    I don't simply believe in Disincarnates, I KNOW them and I know there is an afterlife but I have no way to prove it to anyone - for now.
    To each their own..........

3. dingodile

dingodile Member

Neither would I.

4. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

"Metaphysics" is a term of art in philosophy. When you say materialism is incorrect, that's a claim about metaphysicis.

5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Thank you. Now my eyes are officially crossed.

pandora97 likes this.