1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Intro

Discussion in 'member introductions' started by dingodile, Mar 18, 2018.

1. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I don't know anything different, but I have experienced reality in a totally new transformative and transcendent way, but I get badgered whenever I speak of it, so I'm not going to talk about it anymore. I feel the best way to do that would be to leave the forum. I want to thank everyone for what I learned. Bye-bye! Love, Kim

Amore likes this.
  2. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm always disappointed when active members leave but you know what's best for yourself. Good luck in whatever you do next. :)

3. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

What happened to message #61 on this thread and who left?:confused:

4. mac

Message #61 is still showing in my browser....

5. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

For some reason it's not showing up in mine. I have #60 at the end of page 3 on the thread and the first one on page 4 is #62. ??? oh well........o_O

6. mac

Goodness knows what's happened to yours but here's a copy of posting #61 text "I don't know anything different, but I have experienced reality in a totally new transformative and transcendent way, but I get badgered whenever I speak of it, so I'm not going to talk about it anymore. I feel the best way to do that would be to leave the forum. I want to thank everyone for what I learned. Bye-bye! Love, Kim"

7. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

8. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

I wish you the best Kim and hope you stick around and at least to see what happens here and perhaps you insignite

9. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thank-you, Bill. I'll take a look on ALF every once in a while, but I had an mountain top experience that no one can relate with, so it is just best for me not to say anything.

Amore likes this.
  10. Highlander

Highlander Member

Kim, FWIW I empathize with you 100%. I have had experiences on par with yours and have had decades to reflect on what they mean and what effect relating STEs has on people who can't identify. Being where we are can be quite lonely. You have a deep desire to bring knowledge and joy to people who resist and rebuff, and online will badger you just to see you go away. It happened to me also, so don't take it personally.
    But, take heart. They aren't mean and can't help themselves. I have tried to put myself in their shoes and ask myself if I would believe someone who tells fantastic stories I can't relate to. The answer is NO.
    One would think that on what purports to be a spiritual site people would be open minded, but such is not the case.
    The one solace is that we have been shown reality on a level that few have seen. For that we must be grateful. We do not fear death because we know there is no such thing.

kim marine and Amore like this.
  11. mac

kim has not been badgered to go away and it's unfair to imply that she has here on ALF. But I think you might have an unreal expectation of the way online forums operate. With nothing more than text to express an experience that plainly was deeply moving - and life changing - for the individual who lived through it, it's unrealistic to expect uninvolved individuals to fully understand. Whether a lack of understanding and questioning is a rebuff of an experiencer's ideas is a moot point. But the questions from me are not intended to make kim go away and I don't believe anyone else has intended it either.

They can't help themselves? Come down from your pedestal please. You're right, however, that most folk are not mean but they do want to understand, to appreciate.

You're presuming others feel as you think they might. In my time in the spooks I have heard many accounts of events I've not experienced BUT I don't disbelieve the folk who tell them although I may challenge their interpretation. Am I wrong to do that do you think?

Now you're just being feeny! What you think folk should do, how they should be, is simply an opinion, one you are entitled to hold but one that can be challenged. This website like others looks at matters spiritual BUT there's no expectation that folk can't question - one person's 'open-mindedness' may be very different from another's.

You do not fear death for the reasons you've expressed. I don't fear death for wholly different reasons to yours. I've experienced things you probably haven't. So what?
    What you've been shown has left you feeling isolated and hurt and that's a tough experience but that's just one facet of life, death and what follows them. Embrace what you've had but please don't put down those who approach life-spiritual in ways different from yours.

bluebird likes this.
  12. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thank-you for your supportive words Highlander!:)

13. Highlander

Highlander Member

Mac, it is my sincerest hope that you find the peace we all seek.

14. Highlander

Highlander Member

Kim, you are most welcome! I would like to hear more from you.

Amore likes this.
  15. pandora97

pandora97 Active Member

How condescending!:rolleyes:

16. mac

Thank you for your thoughts but please don't make assumptions.

17. mac

If kim is not comfortable posting in public forums she is, of course, able to keep in touch via private mail.

18. Amore

Amore Active Member

Thank you Highlander. Great post. I totally agree.

@kim, if you're still reading, I will message you :)