1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Intro

Discussion in 'member introductions' started by dingodile, Mar 18, 2018.

1. dingodile

dingodile Member

I believe she said it's a fact. So apparently there are facts.

2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Oh, I missed that word 'fact' in what she wrote, but IMO everything is a manifestation of God's, or whatever word or idea you want to use, breath, so there is room for every vibration and we are growing spiritually and have an eternity to do so.

3. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

I think I am saying that the distinction doesn't have the same meaning there. I have seen comments from advanced beings saying something like that. Perhaps it means that everything is true somewhere, and everything is false somewhere? It's like multi-dimensional chess. You can't envision it until you see it!

kim marine likes this.
  4. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

I take such comments to suggest that if truth is all you know, false becomes a meaningless concept. You don't think of things which are false, or hold in your mind any evil.

5. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Consciousness is much bigger and more loving than anything we have experienced in our lives here on earth. Before we came here we agreed to forget everything we once knew. We are growing and we can do that eternally. I see potential in evil. It evolves and doesn't have to stay evil. Consciousness sees potential in everyone of us, because we are a piece of It.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  6. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

If you aren't using "Consciousness" as a synonym for "god", which you said you are not, then what do you mean by it? It cannot see potential if it it not a sentient being of some sort....

7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I think we make too big a deal over our words and ideas when we live here, because in actuality they are meaningless in eternity. I was not referring to a god, and that is why words don't work. They are too rigid. I've experienced something else thanks to the NDE, and it has been manifesting before my eyes since 1983.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  8. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

Words are never meaningless but they may be carelessly used.....

9. bluebird

If you don't mean "Consciousness" to indicate some sort of sentient being (whether a god or not), how can you think it can "see potential" in each of us?

10. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I see "god" as something people create to provide security and comfort for themselves. Any word we may use here to describe the Highest Power in the universe is inadequate.
    The 'us' who it sees potential in is unable to be detected by our physical senses. That invisible part of us is who we really are, because when you get down to basics all we experience with our physical senses is like a colorful shadow.

11. bluebird

Ok, but that's not really answering my question.

You've said you don't mean "god" when you use the word "Consciousness", but you also say that the "Consciousness" to which you refer "sees potential in everyone of us, because we are a piece of It". If by "Consciousness" and "Highest Power" you mean some sort of sentient being that created us, then that is what people commonly refer to as and mean by "god". Words may be inadequate to describe such a being, but they are what we have and so we must use them as best we can.

Regardless of what it is called, if "Consciousness" is not sentient, then it can't see or perceive potential in us, or anything else. You said that "Consciousness" perceived potential in us, which is what prompted me to ask what you mean by "Consciousness". It seems to me that by "Consciousness" you do mean "god", you just prefer not to call it by that name.

12. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

You are putting words in my mouth. What I perceive may not be what you perceive. The idea of "god" may mean totally different things to each of us. It depends on what you have been exposed to during your lifetimes. Our eternal home reflects the nuance of our mind. Jesus said he prepared a room for each of us, and I have experienced many of the rooms that he created during my previous lives that we're pulled from my mind while in the coma and unconscious of life on this earth. I do not think that Jesus was god's son, but a highly evolved soul. Souls become visible in the energy provided by something. During that NDE I continuously asked to see God and the spirits snickered when I asked to see him. It is a mystery. Don't you like mysteries? It is pointless to rattle a person if they don't agree with what you think. Make sense of life for yourself here, because life is yours to be lived as you wish.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  13. bluebird

I am not trying to put words into your mouth; I am asking you to define the words you are using, as you seem to be using them differently than the generally accepted usages. I agree that the idea of "god" may mean different things to different people, and that we may perceive things differently, which is why I am asking if you consider what you are referring to as "Consciousness" to be "god", but more so whether you consider it to be sentient.

You said that the "Consciousness" to which you refer "sees potential" in each of us, so while I was wondering if you view "Consciousness" as god, mainly I was asking if you view that "Consciousness" as sentient, since only sentient beings can see or perceive anything.

14. dingodile

dingodile Member

I kinda thought consciousness just is the property of being sentient.

15. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I agree with you dingodile. I don't give it the label of a god. It is sort of like a state of being, and we have the privilege to share that state of being. It is not me, so why try to identify with anything here? I look for higher ways of being. It can't be explained, so just enjoy your life.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  16. bluebird

In humans, yes. But I don't think that's what kim meant, as she capitalized it as a proper noun, and said that it "sees potential" in us. It's hard to tell for sure what she meant, though, as she is (in my opinion) talking in circles about this.
    But clearly she and I are having two different discussions, so I suppose I'll just leave off this discussion for now, lol.

17. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

http://www.greaterreality.com/realms.htm
    This article backs up what I am unable to explain and exemplifies why I seem to talk in circles to those who have not experienced the invisible realm of reality.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  18. mac

If that's how it constantly is for you then surely you'd be better off with those who have shared your experience rather than repeatedly being unable to express yourself effectively to those who haven't?

Alternatively why not try to discuss the issues with us at our own levels of understanding? We can't 'up' those levels if we haven't had your experiences but you could come down to ours. Or you could discuss simpler, different, issues. That's your challenge.

kim marine and pandora97 like this.
  19. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

You're right Mac.:)
    "That's your challenge", I think those words are why I was left alive, because I know I am an intense person and need to chill a little bit, as I bring some of the Christ that is in me to earth. I call it Christ, but call it anything you'd like. It's all about balance. Christ+man=human Thank-you Mac!:)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  20. dingodile

dingodile Member

On the one hand, to be conscious at all is to experience something invisible, since consciousness and its contents (thoughts, feelings, etc.) are not visible. But that article seems to be talking about something else, rather like another dimension of existence. I have no reason to doubt the reality of that dimension, but I've never had any awareness of it myself, even after many attempts to do so.

To be conscious is to have experiences--any kind of experiences. Some people, such as yourself, have experiences of a kind that others of us do not. Since it's hard to describe experiences except by comparing them to other experiences of a similar kind, it's not surprising that language fails when the experiences are sufficiently dissimilar to what the rest of us have.

kim marine likes this.
  21. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Mac informed me in the post just above mine that it is my challenge to bring my experiences down to this level we share now. I am still learning the best way in which to convert the energetic ideas into words, but I think the best way to express them is through "Being". As time goes on I see that something phenomenal happened to me and I am still learning about it myself. It grows in seasons and comes uninitiated. I follow wisps of consciousness that are in my mind, and they always take me where I should be.

22. mac

I meant your challenge is to communicate with dumbos like me at our own level of appreciation, one where we haven't shared the experiences you've had.

I do appreciate that it's quite the challenge but just "being" may not convey much to us.

23. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

One reason I kept running my mouth, or talking in circles, without being understood, is because I never considered consciousness the way Dingodile described it.
    HaHaHa, Mac you are so funny!!:p
    What I mean is to BE the way I would want to be treated. Be the change you wish to see in the world.

24. Highlander

Highlander Member

Hang in there, Kim. I have had several spiritually transformative experiences and tried explaining them to people who have never experienced other dimensions. We who are presently in human form cannot adequately explain our experiences in a way non-experiencers can understand. You have to have "been there" to get it.
    STEs are mind-blowing and impossible to fully communicate with mere words.

kim marine likes this.
  25. mac

It's fine if someone accepts they're unable to communicate in words the experiences they have had but kim seems determined to keep trying despite the difficulties she's always mentioning. There are, however, many other aspects to the world of the spirit which could be discussed and which are not directly impacted by one's personal experience(s).

26. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thanks, Highlander!:)

27. mac

What happens, and has happened, to you spiritually is purely personal to you. I have totally accepted that and I'm unable to relate to your potential "spiritually transformative episodes". For me, as I explained, they have no relevance and I have no similar experience to help me. But I acknowledge that it's difficult for you to talk about because words won't work.

I think I am patient but this situation keeps recurring and I keep trying to suggest ways to work around it.

28. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Perhaps I am here to test your gentleness and patience?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  29. mac

Perhaps but I don't think so.... ;) You're much more likely to be here for you - unless you know something different?

30. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

All I know is to look straight ahead and don't look back at the past. All is well.