1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Intro

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by dingodile, Mar 18, 2018.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

kim has not been badgered to go away and it's unfair to imply that she has here on ALF. But I think you might have an unreal expectation of the way online forums operate. With nothing more than text to express an experience that plainly was deeply moving - and life changing - for the individual who lived through it, it's unrealistic to expect uninvolved individuals to fully understand. Whether a lack of understanding and questioning is a rebuff of an experiencer's ideas is a moot point. But the questions from me are not intended to make kim go away and I don't believe anyone else has intended it either.

They can't help themselves? Come down from your pedestal please. You're right, however, that most folk are not mean but they do want to understand, to appreciate.

You're presuming others feel as you think they might. In my time in the spooks I have heard many accounts of events I've not experienced BUT I don't disbelieve the folk who tell them although I may challenge their interpretation. Am I wrong to do that do you think?

Now you're just being feeny! What you think folk should do, how they should be, is simply an opinion, one you are entitled to hold but one that can be challenged. This website like others looks at matters spiritual BUT there's no expectation that folk can't question - one person's 'open-mindedness' may be very different from another's.

You do not fear death for the reasons you've expressed. I don't fear death for wholly different reasons to yours. I've experienced things you probably haven't. So what?
    What you've been shown has left you feeling isolated and hurt and that's a tough experience but that's just one facet of life, death and what follows them. Embrace what you've had but please don't put down those who approach life-spiritual in ways different from yours.

bluebird likes this.
  2. kim

kim Active Member

Thank-you for your supportive words Highlander!:)

3. Highlander

Highlander Member

Mac, it is my sincerest hope that you find the peace we all seek.

4. Highlander

Highlander Member

Kim, you are most welcome! I would like to hear more from you.

Amore likes this.
  5. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

How condescending!:rolleyes: