1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Inducing Night Visits

Discussion in 'Dreams and Dreaming' started by DenverGuy, Jan 16, 2020.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Active Member

Do they visit us or do we visit them?
    A medium suggested this for dream visits:
    - Ask for a visit. "I love you and I miss you. Please visit me during the night, or allow me to visit you."
    - State: I will wake up feeling energized and refreshed. I will remember your visit.
    She said that a visit is something vivid that you will remember for years, as opposed to a dream.

Attached Files:

Nirvana and Monika like this.
  2. baob

baob New Member

I tried it. It doesn't work for me. Maybe I didn't try it consistently. The dreams were unexpected not to mention the visitation dreams. Even British medium Doris Stokes wished to visit afterlife, and it didn't work until after she wished on the fourth day. Last time the medium Chris Moon asked me to make a wish before going to bed because my husband mentioned the dream and he would give signs in the dream. And I did make wishes but for almost two weeks there were no dream of him. Eventually one day unexpectedly I got a bad dream with him which so far it still make me upset when thinking about that dream.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

I think a visit might be a mixture of the two above possibilities but it's not my field of interest and that may be wrong.

Whichever way it is it's often been said that a visitation is vivid and stays with you whereas a dream may also be vivid but fades over time. I expect those who have experienced that latter situation will agree and others may not understand how different a visitation feels and how its memory remains.

4. mac

mac Staff Member

It's immensely disappointing, I'd think, to have one's hopes built up only to be disappointed when things don't work out. Who knows what makes one person's attempt successful and another one's a failure?

It's not necessarily that your husband hasn't tried to reach you but perhaps just that things just didn't work out. I don't know and it's not something I've researched but I'd expect difficulties similar to those found with mediumship or 'DIY' contact. Making contact across the dimensions appears not to be straightforward or predictable.

5. kirolak

kirolak New Member

If I may say this - sometimes we have experiences, often astral, that don't "download" into our physical brains, and then assume that nothing happened, when it did. I find my mood on awakening is a good indicator, so perhaps you could consider that?

6. mac

mac Staff Member

A good mood on waking may also be down to having had a good night's sleep. ;) And as with dreams there's no certainty where/if anything is recorded in one's memory or psyche. And there's no certainty what, or how much, we can access if it's there at all - wherever it's recorded! :D

7. kirolak

kirolak New Member

True, point taken!