1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

Induced After Death Communication - UPDATE 1/11/17

Discussion in 'After-Death Communication' started by DenverGuy, Nov 30, 2017.

1. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

It's free, if anyone is interested, from the Forever Family Foundation (non-profit).

Dr. Allan Botkin is a psychotherapist who made a significant discovery while treating a patient for PTSD using a series of rapid eye movements. His patient suddenly started talking to a deceased loved one! Eventually he perfected the technique, which he named Induced After Death Communication. The procedure has enabled people to make tremendous strides in their grief, and he has now trained other professionals in an effort to make this modality available to more people. Dr. Botkin will be talking about the procedure, specifically how it works and who might benefit.

https://bbsradio.com/station1schedu...utm_campaign=SOLR-M&M-092117&utm_medium=email

8:00 PM Eastern/5:00 PM Pacific
    listen via phone: 605-475-1600
    888-627-6008

2. mac

mac ALF member Staff Member

3. mac

a very interesting technique

4. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Thanks for the links, Mac.
    Did anyone listen? I found it to be interesting. Time for the next step.

5. mac

You're welcome - thought someone might enjoy the stuff I read. I didn't listen to the transmission but I did find the online info very interesting indeed although somewhat historical. I wonder if there are many therapists routinely deploying the technique. If it's truly as effective as portrayed - and accepted by medical practitioners as beneficial - then it deserves to be known about and used more widely.

6. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Well, I am meeting with a therapist in January who was trained by Dr. Botkin. I'll report how it goes...

7. mac

I'll look forward to hearing how that goes. I really do hope it works for you. :)

8. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Thanks, Mac! Will do.

9. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

It's coming up next week (Wed. and Thu.). Very intense. I am a little nervous, and I will report here how it goes.

10. mac

I shall be very interested to hear about what happens - good luck and all the best. :)

DenverGuy likes this.
  11. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
  12. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Well, I did it. It isn't cheap, but that's not the point. I met the psychotherapist at her house. She has a professional room set up for this, and that's where we went to work.

The concept is to reduce ADC blocks that are due to intense grief. Even if you aren't feeling it all the time, it (the grief) could very well be there, as I found out. (I kind of know that already). Anyway, she got me to talk about some of the most painful memories. I then held one thought at a time and she did the EMDR part. That is supposed to reduce the pain. Eventually when the most painful memories have been suppressed an ADC can more easily take place.

I can tell you that this is extremely hard to go through. Over 2 days I did about 4 hours of this. It is exhausting, emotional, and wrenching stuff. Very rough.

Well, at the end today she had me talk to my girlfriend (Milagros) and to tell her directly what I wanted her to know. She then prompted the rapid eye movement response from me, I closed my eyes and waited for something - anything. We did this several times. Nothing.

I wasn't really expecting anything, but I wasn't ruling it out. Of course my main thought was that Mila didn't want to contact me, and that is scary. I still wonder. Heck, I wasn't prefect with her. But then the therapist told me that Dr. Botkin's war veterans had received forgiveness from people who they had killed - some in massacres. I don't think I was that bad. I am hoping that she just wasn't able to penetrate the veil for some reason.

The therapist was the nicest, warmest, most patient, and compassionate person I have ever met. She has also worked for 20 years as a grief counselor to survivors of homicides, car accidents, and suicides. At one point she almost began crying. She told me that I had a lot of courage to come to her. I disagree (to myself), I just wanted a way to reach my girlfriend.

Anyway, I said I post an update for those of you who are interested, and here it is. Thanks for reading. I will look at Dr. Hogan's method next.

13. mac

thanks for sharing that, DG

I'm sad for you that the sessions didn't do what you'd hoped, even though you hadn't exactly expected much. How do you feel in yourself after such an ordeal?

DenverGuy likes this.
  14. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Thank you, Mac. Good question. I'm glad that I did it. It was good to get a chance to talk about this hell to someone who actually listened. She sent me a follow-up e-mail just now and I wrote back and sent her a picture of my girlfriend so that she could put a face to the name. After all, I talked for hours about her. I feel like this is a journey in which I am doing everything I can to maintain or establish contact. I won't ever give up.

I bet many people here feel the same way, which is why they are on this site. We're always searching and hoping.

15. mac

It's good to hear you feel the way you do. I hope all the effort you're making to communicate with your partner will bring the results you're hoping for. I agree that we may have many members - and lurkers - who are seeking something similar. I like to see you guys sharing aspects of your personal journeys and supporting one another by so doing.

16. Maria

Maria New Member

Well, at the end today she had me talk to my girlfriend (Milagros) and to tell her directly what I wanted her to know. She then prompted the rapid eye movement response from me, I closed my eyes and waited for something - anything. We did this several times. Nothing.

I wasn't really expecting anything, but I wasn't ruling it out. Of course my main thought was that Mila didn't want to contact me, and that is scary. I still wonder. Heck, I wasn't prefect with her. But then the therapist told me that Dr. Botkin's war veterans had received forgiveness from people who they had killed - some in massacres. I don't think I was that bad. I am hoping that she just wasn't able to penetrate the veil for some reason.

DenverGuy, Like Mac, I am very sad to hear that you were unable to make contact with Mila. I remember recommending IADC therapy in one of my messages to you. Unlike the US, IADC is almost unheard of in the UK where I live, and I wish I could avail of it. Your therapist sounds very nice, so how about asking her if she could help you try it again. Perhaps you were feeling too tense during your initial sessions to gain any benefit. Please do not think that Mila was trying to ignore you. Whatever love she felt for you is still there, and where is now is full of love and forgiveness. Everyone experiencing grief has feelings of guilt and regrets that we did not do enough or perhaps show enough love to those who died. I am sure that if you had a medium reading Mila would come through very quickly with a lot of assurance to be conveyed to you. Do not give up and lose heart. I hope your next attempt at IADC if you decide to try it again will be more successful and never give up. Incidentally I sent you an e-card at Christmas (via 123 Greetings), but I received an email informing me that the card was unseen. I look forward to also hearing about your results with the Craig Hogan method.

17. DenverGuy

DenverGuy Member

Maria, thank you so much. That means a lot. I may try again - that's good advice.
    I have had several medium readings, but results were disappointing. Have you had any luck?

That is so kind of you to have sent me a Christmas card and I am so sorry that I didn't receive it.

Where in the UK are you? I see that Dr. Botkin has a practitioner in London and Poole. Are you far from either city? The thing about IADC is that it sometimes it opens the door to communication even after the session.

I will report back on Dr. Hogan's method. By the way, Drs. Botkin and Hogan have talked together. That would be an interesting conversation, I'm sure.

lovehim likes this.