1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I'm Tyler :)

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Tyler George, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Tyler George

Tyler George New Member

Hello, my name is Tyler. I'm 21 years old and live in Ontario!
    I'm very pleased I came across this forum and struggle with some anxiety due to the thought of death.
    Trying to find something logical to strengthen the way I think about the afterlife. I just feel like I need a community of people who also think similar.

Current Theories on the Afterlife include:
    Passing and recirculating into a new body meeting the same spirits every time.
    OR
    Passing and having the universe repeat itself endlessly.
    OR
    My least favorite and most stuck thought: nothing.

But what is nothing?
    :( .
    Anyways, off that topic I'm a great guy with a lot of knowledge in many fields! I love talking to people about their theories, problems, and much more. Besides welcoming me to the forum, can you summarize your theories aswell? :)

-Tyler :)

Kurt likes this.
  2. Noah Lo

Noah Lo New Member

hi tyler i am new here too maybe we can discuss the after life together as i am looking for people to connect with on the same topic daily! :)

Kurt and Tyler George like this.
  3. Tyler George

Tyler George New Member

Hi Noah!
    I would appreciate that.
    Maybe send me a message? :)

Kurt likes this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

My personal approach is to listen to the teaching and guidance of individuals widely considered to be highly spiritually-evolved and take on board what appeals to my reason. Added to that are what I've learned from my personal experience and what I've learned vicariously from the experiences of certain others, folk whose ideas I had grown to respect. I don't do theories; I don't do belief and I don't usually listen to the homespun theories of mortals, especially so-called New Age ideas.

I'll be blunt by saying I'm a little concerned that you say you have anxiety over the thought of death. Do you have other anxiety about other issues?

Kurt likes this.
  5. Tyler George

Tyler George New Member

I wouldn't say the anxiety I get from the thought of death is the same as day - day anxiety.
    I'm terrified of dying and want to live forever. The thought of having no thoughts increase my anxiety.
    You would think someone like me would cherish life. To treat myself to the healthiest habits.
    In the moment Day - Day as I do things like use: Tobacco, Caffeine, Sugars, Drugs, Alcohol, etc. I have many habits that I know will one day cause pain or a shorter life-span but feel like I'm trapped and have to use said things. Regardless of how I'm currently treating myself my anxiety towards death doesn't change.
    I don't feel the need to live eternally but want it.
    I hope you understand lol. :p

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

mac Staff Member

I hear you. We hope you find here on ALF something to help you overcome that anxiety. :)

Kurt likes this.
  7. ravensgate

ravensgate Regular Contributor

Welcome to ALF. I do not post very much but read as much as I can..... considering my time constraints. I think you will find lots of food for thought here. My previous post disappeared (I am tech challenged, lol), but as a fellow Canadian I just wanted to say hello!☺

Tyler George and Kurt like this.
  8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Hey I'm happy to see you here

Tyler George likes this.
  9. Ruby

Ruby Established Member

Hi Tyler, you are only aged twenty-one, so you are statistically likely to live for a great many decades. Just enjoy being young, but don't get addicted to cigarettes or drink! Being addicted seriously is a very unattractive and ruinous state to be in! Remember that very elderly people get knackered, full of ailments and death is a friend to them. They have lost so many family and friends they look forward to popping off to join them.

Kurt and Tyler George like this.
  10. Tyler George

Tyler George New Member

I appreciate your post and I can fully agree with you that it is indeed unattractive. Although I'm not seriously addicted to all of this stuff so dropping habits needs to start happening! You've have gave me something to think about towards the elderly. I have never looked at it that way.

Kurt likes this.