1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I'm sayin'

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by mac, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

But the pay is great!!!

2. jobun

jobun New Member

so what age is considered to be an old fart? lol

Kurt likes this.
  3. jobun

jobun New Member

but speaking of wasteful - I get tons of junk mail everyday. All these shiny, slick ads, credit card offers, deals for cars I no longer own, etc. Every day I am taking in garbage from the mailbox and throwing it right out. Not to mention all the stuff I have to shred. If these companies would limit their junk to maybe once a month, I'd be more inclined to read it...otherwise it serves me no purpose because I also have google ads that follow me wherever I go, any social media has these ads that flash all the time, especially on things I've either looked into or have actually purchased (why would I need to order something that I already JUST purchased) etc. I think we'd have a greener earth with less of these physical mailings, since we also receive so much junk electronically

Monika and Kurt like this.
  4. mac

mac Staff Member

Alternatively consider that the production of these unwanted (by some) mailed materials provides employment and the paper, card etc. can be returned for processing and re-using. Distribution of the flyers, mailings etc. also provides work.

Here in my UK home, however, I get very little unwanted junk through our letterbox and hardly any comes via the various postal services because I've signed up for no junk mail. Google ads can be dealt with by using adblockers - I get NONE and I'm online much of the waking day.

I'm all for going as green as possible and I do what I can but nothing is without unexpected outcomes. It's not simple or straightforward....

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    jobun and Kurt like this.
  5. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I hate millenials passionately. This is quite common in my generation so the cut off is probably 24.

6. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

The thing is you dont have to be physically old in order for the youth to not relate to you. Every generation has different experiences. And these experiences shape them in ways that others cannot relate to.

Baby Boomers grew up in the 60s and 70s.

Gen X grew up in the 80s hence the anti contrarian ,over the top, cynically sarcastic impressions of a zine journalist (there's a reason why Kurt C. Was called the voice of a generation, lol.)

Millenials who grew up under the care of gen x and matured after 9/11 who are just for lazy, anti contrarian for no reason and due to this look for reasons to get mad and they are all more pathetic then the last. Go out to a protest crowd and it is full of 25-30 somethings.

Mine grew up rather peacefully until they matured and proceeded to declare scorched Earth on the peace and culture while blaming us so that's why millenials hate Gen Z (it's funny because millenials blame "millenials" for issues not knowing that they are millenials. This is a example of how they seek excuses.)
    And this is why Gen Z (96- 201?) hates millenials. Gen X also hates millenials.

Did you know that 90% of millenials in NJ are living with their parents?

Now go back 100 years. You had preteens living on their own. Such a sad devolution.

For granted two people may get along even if they are in different generations but as a whole, experiences are different and this can bleed through on other levels

7. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

Personally here's my interpretation of age ranges.

02-infant
    2-4 toddler
    4-10 kid
    11-13 pre teen
    13-19 teen
    18 to 24 young adult
    24 to 74 adult
    74+ elderly

8. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

In terms of physical aging....

20s to 40s is young.

50s 60s middle aged

70+ old.

9. Kurt

Kurt Major Contributor

I place two primes down for men and won't bother for women because their primes revolve around fertility and beauty so you'd have to ask them. I think it's mid to late twenties.

Everyone reaches their prime so far as being able to get hurt and heal quickly. This is your teens obviously.

For men our prime of strength is late twenties early thirties.

If you are healthy or have freakishly good genetics then primes can vary for the better.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  10. Monika

Monika Established Member

Today i came across an article about how do trees communicate with each other. Then i watched a Ted talk by the forestry scientist mentioned in article who made a research about trees communication and support systems.

For me this video was interesting as to my understanding we have something similar like root system what connects us in spiritual level and where information flows in such high speed that often we struggle to catch it on to the level where it could be coverted to to a thought, but from my own personal experiences i know that it can be done.

One example from my own life. One day when i was around 3 or 4 me and my mom were coming back from city center by bus. Mom said i started to faint and she got worried because it was quite a distance from bus stop till home. When door open at our home stop, my dad was standing there. He said, he felt something going on and that, for some reason, he was just forced to come to that exact bus stop. He didnt even knew that on this day we were out to city center as he left to work early in the morning. He didnt knew when and which bus to which bus stop we will take to come back.

He carried me home. I was fine after that. Thanks to the ways information walks and our abbilities to catch it on sometimes :)

I believe many of us have similar storries like that :)

P.S. i think this video is okej here as it is a bit about sustainable forestry. If moderators see its not okej so just remove it :)

Kurt likes this.