1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

I'm leaving the Afterlife Forums

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Gypsyblue, Nov 15, 2011.

1. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Dear Splinter, thank you for your kind thoughts about our wonderful friend, GypsyBlue. He has a serious illness, and he felt that he was beginning to live too much in the next stage of his life and perhaps not paying enough attention to this one. We all love him here, and I check in with him from time to time - he has been doing well! Big hug to you for thinking of him, dear Splinter... er, Ian!

2. TheGodSplinter

TheGodSplinter New Member

RG...

That's why I mentioned being new. Oops! I had a suspicion that I was missing something from having been around only a short time.

Further, to GypsyBlue: forgive me for having too little member knowledge and for not slowing down and permitting my brain to catch up with my typing fingers...I appear to have the gift of the tip-tap, rather than the gift of the gab!

Thanks, also, for the explanation, good Lady Grimes. (Call me Ian: "TheGodSplinter" was a spirit-character about which I started writing fiction, back in the big breakdown of the 80s, as a therapy! I must confess that it worked, too.)

Hey! I managed to put my foot in it in fewer than 5 posts...that's a record, even for me!

Ian.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

Although I'm a newbie here (albeit an old-newbie) I wish your contributor well....

As a pretty-well seasoned contributor elsewhere I've seen members leave for similar, equally sad reasons. I always hope they'll return but life is more than just forum work - once we've learned about survival or whatever else we may be seeking, thankfully we can never not-know it.

They take our thoughts and our love with them.

4. I had no idea Gypsy was ill either so don't feel bad Ian. Poor guy...I wish him the best...

5. Me neither Annie, I don't know if he disclosed that. Roberta may have been the only person that knew.

6. Andrew

Andrew Guest

Hi guys! He actually did mention that he was dying of cancer in his very first post. He said, however, that he still had a couple of years before he would die, but it was inevitable. I hope he has continued to find peace on his journey!

7. Oh that's right, I remember that now! I don't know, in a weird way I envy him, not because I want cancer or want to die right now mind you, I just think it could be nice to be able to say all the things you want to say to people here on earth before you go, and I guess I'd take comfort in knowing I was going to die fairly peacefully.

8. Gypsyblue

Gypsyblue New Member

Hi everyone! Just stopped by to read a little and see what's on your minds. Thanks for the kind words. I want to wish you all a Happy New Year and I hope your Christmas was as wonderful as mine. As we all know, the date we celebrate as Yeshua's birth is actually the time of the Winter Solstice and has been celebrated as such for thousands of years. And this Solstice my partner and I got married! We did our own service and then went down to City Hall and did the legal thing too. We're very happy! As far as the health of my body goes, "yes": I've been dealing with Non Hodgkins Lymphoma for a few years now and the doctors say it will eventually put my body down. Almost passed last April but fought it off and after six months of Chemo I'm in remission again for the second time. I'm still getting my wits back again - cancer and chemo is a potent mind and body altering combo. But I'm feeling better than I have all year. I do have a question I'm going to post in a separate post and I hope some of you will comment on it. Many thanks! With much love, GB

9. TheGodSplinter

TheGodSplinter New Member

GB...

The highest possible achievement that I, in my own life, could ever hope to reach would be to have even merely one one-hundredth of your courage and determination.

I am truly humbled and happy to be so! :)

Splinter.

10. Congratulations on your marriage GypsyBlue! I am glad you are doing well.