1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

illusion?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by mac, Dec 17, 2017.

1. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thank-you Amore!:)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Amore likes this.
  2. Amore

Amore Active Member

That would be very much welcomed and would "flesh out" your posts a lot.

kim marine likes this.
  3. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I am already conscious of who I am here-and-now. I've achieved that through inner reflection over many years. Narcissistically talking about myself wouldn't change things. Going on about myself, or about my spiritual experiences, just isn't my way unless it helps in relating to someone's questions and perhaps help them by doing so.

pandora97 likes this.
  4. mac

Why do they need to be fleshed out? Already I use more words than is warranted.

5. Amore

Amore Active Member

I did not say they need to be fleshed out, I said I would welcome it. It's what I enjoy most when coming to a forum - people's personal experiences, their stories, interacting with them, is what makes the topic come alive. Otherwise I would just read books.

But that's just me, my preference.

kim marine likes this.
  6. mac

Fair comment - it's what you prefer but my experiences wouldn't necessarily add value to my thoughts and it's that I mistakenly thought you were getting at. Additionally I comment upon many topics where I have a little understanding but not direct experience. I prefer to be judged on the value - or otherwise - of what I say and not what I claim about myself that might influence someone's opinion.

Talking about myself would pad out postings and result in them being even more wordy than presently - don't know how many would want that!

7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

What do you mean by "flesh out" Amore?

8. pandora97

pandora97 Member

:D

9. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

This afternoon I went for a ride and did a lot of thinking. You say, Mac, that the NDE isn't actual death. I agree, but actually the term "Near Death Experience" isn't a very accurate word anyway, because death doesn't exist to begin with. How can a person be near death when death is absent from our conscious experience? It is just a word we use that is fitting for the vibrational frequency this dimension exists in these days. The Nazarene displayed the experience to us that the body is not what is alive, but it is something that we are unable to identify with when Divine Consciousness is covered in flesh.

10. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

Of course death exists. We can argue about whether the human soul continues to exist in an afterlife or some other manner after death, and perhaps it does, but that doesn't mean that death doesn't exist. Believe me, my husband died. If he hadn't, he would still be here with me, body and soul, living our life together. He may exist in an afterlife, and it is my highest hope that he does (as long as he is happy and well and himself), but that does not negate the horrific (for me, and for others who love him) experience of his death.

11. Amore

Amore Active Member

In the context I used the term above I meant that inclusion of personal experiences would bring the vast knowledge mac shares here (and for which I'm very thankful) more to life, at least for me. Of course, I'm aware, and I totally respect , that not everyone wants to share personal events on an open forum.

kim marine likes this.
  12. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Yes, I understand how you believe that death exists BlueBird, and there is nothing wrong with that, because death horrified me at one point in my life. However, my eyes have been opened. My husband died also, but I know he is alive. I envy people, who, by your definition "die", but to me, they have only left this realm of confusion and live in realm of love, joy and peace forever.

Amore likes this.
  13. mac

Would the mouthfull 'seemingly close to clinical death experience' be a better term? :D

Regular folk understand what's meant when they say death. They mean life in-the-body come to an end. Even ALF cognoscenti should be able to agree that.

I don't use it that way so I'm not included in your catchall 'we' declaration. I know EXACTLY what I mean and it ain't what you've said.

yadayadayada :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  14. mac

It's not that I don't WANT to share it but that I don't consider that it adds anything to most discussions.
    I'm flattered you think I have vast knowledge but I can't agree.

On a small number of topics my personal experiences, and particular interest, might help bring certain threads to life. In the past, when the occasion has been right, I have gone into personal detail to try to help someone I think might benefit from doing that.

I think some of my experiences would be found interesting and illuminating in their own right but that's not my reason for being here on ALF or elsewhere on other websites.

Amore likes this.
  15. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Call it what you wish. The words we use as inhabitants of this plane are burdensome because we give WORDS too much weight. It is most important to BE what you feel is most beneficial to the betterment of life around you.
    What does this mean?
    I am a regular folk, but I am just unique. My thinking has been refined due to my acquaintance with another realm of Consciousness.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  16. mac

Each of us is unique, kim, and your limited experience doesn't prevent your agreeing with us simple folk, the ones who see 'death' meaning the end of life in-the-body. I still see death that way even though I know the discarnate individual lives on.

As for NDE you still refer to yours that way!

17. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of "belief", kim. Death does exist, the death of the physical body. If you want to make the argument that the soul continues to exist after the death of the physical body, fine, that is an arguable and possibly valid point, but as I said, that does not negate the physical death nor the ramifications of that death on those still living this human, earthly life.

18. mac

"Call it what you wish. " Near death experience is just dandy for me - I have no difficulty with that term.

"The words we use as inhabitants of this plane are burdensome because we give WORDS too much weight."

You may struggle with the weight of your words but I don't struggle with the weight of mine. Perhaps you need to bulk up? :D

"It is most important to BE what you feel is most beneficial to the betterment of life around you."

Go ahead, no-one's preventing you. But you still need to be able to write clearly on website forums if you want to communicate effectively...

19. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I know that we are each unique. I thought of the way I used that word, and I regretted it. I was sure someone had already read it, so I didn't make an attempt to go back and change it. Our uniqueness is a catalyst to our spiritual growth. I am a very plain person who just thinks different.

20. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I agree with you bluebird. The physical body does indeed face death, but I have freed my mind, where Consciousness dwells, from the flesh It inhabits.