1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

illusion?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by mac, Dec 17, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I'm sure about what I say but not about what I don't know...... And if I don't know I ask questions or I stay away from the subject.

2. mac

Weren't the ones who wrote the Bible just professional scribes? Few had the ability to write in those dim-and-distant days (so I was taught) and scribes did the actual writing for those who didn't know how.

Who would be checking - one might wonder - that they'd accurately written down the words they'd verbally been given? room for error, perhaps misunderstandings? Common enough even now when literacy is at an all time high.

3. mac

"Anyway Mac I don't need to impress you with anything that I say."

Absolutely you don't need to impress me. But I'm not here to be impressed by anyone - I'm just another member on ALF with a personal perspective on matters spiritual.

I read what folk write and if something appeals to my reason I'll take it on board. I am neither influenced nor impressed by most of what I read because it feels like I've read most of it before.

4. kim

kim Active Member

So, is that what you meant by your statement about not knowing god consciously. I knew about god, but kept it buried in my mind, but since the NDE, the image I bestow upon the earth has been transformed?

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  5. mac

You told somewhere in one of your many references to the time you spent in hospital that you rejected (or something similar) the God notion because you thought it was discredited. (or something similar) So yes you did have a notion what God meant but - I'm assuming - you buried and suppressed it. (You probably described things differently but it's as good as I can recall - look back for your exact words.)

So after your hospitalisation and your life-altering near death experience the suppressed notion about God was laid bare. Then - it seems to me - you took the helpers/guides who provided your spiritual care and counselling for the individuals you'd heard about in your formative years. Jesus and God, individuals you'd 'buried' in a recess of your mind.

Now as you pointed out to me in another posting, I don't know you as a person but I'd wager you experienced religious education in your American schooling. What you were taught more-than-likely went in and stayed in only to re-emerge during your trauma.

But I'm not trying to diminish your experience with it's consequential physical, emotional and neurological effects. I'm most definitely not trying to diminish the intense emotional, psychological, spiritual impact on your whole personna.

I'm not saying you didn't enounter Jesus. I'm not saying you didn't hear the voice of God during your prolonged coma; I simply don't know. What I am suggesting is that it may have appeared to you that one of your helpers was Jesus and that the dialogue you had was with God. Kinda scary, then, after you'd been rejecting all that good stuff for so many years.