1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

illusion?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by mac, Dec 17, 2017.

1. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I disagree with your assessment. You'll only get an argument here - religious or otherwise - if someone else picks up on this topic.

2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Mac, would you be able to tell me all of this stuff that I saw in my mind while in the coma happened instantly or a brief moment? I was in the coma 13 days. Is that when I was in the "in between" state?

3. mac

About the first question, I truly have no idea, kim. We've debated the notion of time here on ALF many times and how it's not experienced 'over there' the way it is here. But you were alive, you weren't 'over there', not bodily dead - the time conundrum may not apply to that situation. I don't know if anyone could tell you definitively when the events you experienced happened. It's almost akin to dreaming when we don't know exactly how long any particular dream is.

Similarly the 'in-between state' happened at some point you were comatose but how long that state lasted I have no idea. Maybe you dipped in and out for brief times, maybe it was most or all of the 13 days. Perhaps someone else here could shed light on these issues or maybe you could research websites dedicated to NDE?

4. mac

5. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Mac

I just found out from the sight you sent me that 44% of people who had a NDE have seen the future during the NDE. I wish one would personally cross my path!

6. mac

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  7. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

By this do you mean there are an infinite number of dimensions to experience life? Do you think we will ever be completely schooled?

8. mac

links moved above

9. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I like using my imagination because if I didn't I wouldn't be able to consider that this "reality" we experience is only illusion. There would be no need to construct persuasive explanations if we cared for one another the way we should. But then again, since we have free will I guess we are just learning and developing relationships. I read in a resource posting on ALF on Spirit Guide Sparrow that said: Image is imagination in action.

10. mac

Imagery works well for some individuals but not for all and the 'real' versus 'illusory' debate has been done to death without general agreement. And even if we all cared for one another in the way it's supposed we should we might still have little more idea what life here is all about; that will remain conjecture. ;)

Spirit Guide Sparrow's words and ideas on the whole make interesting reading but all too often what comes through is his human-ness. Compared with Silver Birch - the guide whose teachings I use as a benchmark - SGS doesn't quite cut it for me.

11. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I just like my using my imagination because what we imagine is what we're given isn't it and, for me, too much investigating wears me out.:):D Are Silver and Sparrow Indians?

12. mac

I don't know if what we imagine is what we're given - that's conjecture. But it's horses for courses- whatever works best for you, works best. :)

13. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I think life is wonderful. There have been times when I didn't think so. I couldn't understand why I must be burdened with a life on this earth to live, but lately so many things have happened that permit to know I am headed in the right direction. My life just happens to me, but it is full of surprises. I like it.

14. mac

That's wonderful to hear, a new year just around the corner..... :)

15. mac

Silver Birch adopted the personna of a North American tribesperson when he communicated through his long-term trance medium, Maurice Barbanell. SB said his last incarnation was around 3500 years ago in Egypt if my memory serves me, as a priest. Not that it matters, just fyi.

SGS I don't know anything much about except for what he reveals online. Not yet persuaded about his authenticity.

16. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Yes, and I anticipate wonderful things to happen! It is just so good! I haven't felt so good about living in a long time. Thank-you for sticking with me. Mac:):):)

17. mac

18. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

The new teachers/guides/speakers don't even try to explain why or how you, the Source, appear to be something other that what you are. They use the term "paradox" of "mystery" to speak of what you call the grandest illusion. It's a mystery how you, all that there is, appear to be so many separate, vulnerable and temporary "things". What a show!

Amore likes this.
  19. jimrich

jimrich Active Member

LOL, it can't be "explained".

20. mac

The explanation of what I meant by "the grandest illusion" could be, and was, explained by myself, even though I appear not to have made a very good fist of it. I wasn't trying to explain what you apparently think "it" was, the 'it' that can't be explained. - LOL o_O

Don't expect you would have read the whole piece anyway - LOL - as I'm on your ignore list as you so often love to boast. - L O L :p

Come to that you won't read this response either for that same reason L O L. :D

Nevertheless, Season's Greetings and Happy Holiday, jimrich - maybe someone will quote me so he sees the greeting?? :)