1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

illusion?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by mac, Dec 17, 2017.

1. mac

mac ALF member Staff Member

still is?

2. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I guess you could call it still rough, but I like it. I think it is more of an adventure, because I know where my assignment is from.

3. mac

And that's what makes all the difference - onward and upward! :)

4. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

:);) Something was accomplished today wasn't it Mac

5. mac

Do you like the new avatar chosen specially for me by an admirer? ;):D

6. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Yes, I like it. Is it really you, because I saw it labeled as Ed A. earlier? If it is you I thought you had less hair.

7. mac

nah! I'm better looking, much happier and follicly challenged to the point of near-bald but cute with it! :p:D

But Ed had put so much effort into pleasing me that it would have seemed churlish not to use it.... :);):D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  8. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

One reason why I am able recall is because it seems that when I go to a certain place a movie begins to roll in my mind and brings back memories.

9. mac

I think so and I'm glad you feel that way too. It's been an uphill slog at times but we made it! :)

10. mac

And now you understand more about what those memories mean you've entered another phase of your life. :)

11. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Yes I feel as though I have entered a new phase of my life and the scenery in my life matches too! Back in post #44 I said the conversation we are having gives me vibes. I didn't say anything but even your name gave me vibes, because after my husband passed I saw a man named Mac. He had a tattoo on his arm that said "Sugar Bear". That is what I used to call my husband! Now on ALF I talk to you more than any other member! There are loads of synchronistic things that have occurred in my life.

12. mac

Strange things can happen and we don't know if they mean anything - until perhaps quite a time later and sometimes in ways we would not have anticipated....

13. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

And the movies I saw in my mind many years ago replay and have a bit of relevance to what and where I am today.

14. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

I experienced the NDE because of the head trauma, but that has nothing to do with why I saw and see so many pictures in my mind does it? What causes an NDE does not affect the effect of the NDE on a person?

Is 'leak' a British word for vomit?

15. mac

I don't know the answer to your question, kim, but let me know if I've got things right in the next few sentences, will you?

The severe injuries you experienced, particularly your head injuries, took your body to a state that appeared to be, and may actually have been, very close to bodily death - totally understandably. In time you emerged from that 'inbetween' state - a state of not functioning in the etheric world and not fully functioning in this world either. And you were extremely reluctant to return - totally understandably. From what I recall, you experienced many extremely vivid events during that inbetween time, life-altering experiences. Thus far it's factual but after this point we're in an uncertain area.

You've asked if the injuries have left you with visions. I don't know how we could be sure about that. There are websites with many accounts of NDE. If there is a significant number of accounts with similar outcomes we might conclude the answer to your question is likely to be yes. But the visions you experience now might be down to your being psychic. I just don't know - it's a big topic.

I'd be inclined to agree with that statement.

It's more my word to describe her losing liquid food. It was sometimes full-blown vomitting and others just leakage when she was lying down after a feed. The upshot was always the same - a crabby, hungry baby! :( When she was old enough to introduce more solid food into her diet the outcome was a near revelation and she became a happy baby. Probably an under-developed esophageal sphincter and not what you suffered from.

16. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Was I just floating around in the cosmos during the 'inbetween' state? During this 'inbetween' state was I on my own or was the Divine One involved?

It seemed as though I was not only watching but taking part in something like a play. I thought I was on this earth, because the scenery looked real, but I wasn't. My guides kept telling me to return, and I couldn't figure out why they told me this. I thought I had already returned to some unknown foreign land. It was scary! The only thing that was peculiar was the way others treated me.

That is just it. I haven't read any other NDE similar to what I experienced.

Like I told you before:V

17. mac

At this point, kim, I've gone as far as my severely-limited understanding takes me.

I've been a student of spiritual and afterlife issues for some time but not the field of near-death-experience. Ordinarily when NDE is raised on ALF I remark that experiences during NDE are not necessarily comparable to death experiences. Whatever happens in NDE it isn't necessarily how we'll experience our own death.

Experts in both fields are the ones best able to shed light on near death compared with actual death experience.

18. kim marine

kim marine Active Member

Thank-you Mac! You've been very helpful, but at first I thought you were just a grumpy old man. I am happy to I consider you a friend now. Yesterday was a good day of talking wasn't it?:);):cool:

In eternity are we placed in a dimension that coincides with our thoughts and feelings and we live where we want to?

19. mac

Yeah we did good and you aren't the only member who once thought of me as you described..... ;):D Sometimes we have to cut through the outer veneer to find what's underneath.

After our passing we will find ourselves in a place that matches our experiences and our needs. We're not so much "placed" there as find ourselves there. We don't know the exact mechanism that results in that outcome but we know hardly anything in detail anyway - or more accurately we're not consciously aware what happens as we stand here in-the-body wondering about it. Who knows how much we actually know 'inside'? How much our eternal animating spirits are aware of?

From the many accounts given by discarnates and by guides/teachers where we'll actually live will be shaped by what most appeals to us - matter can be shaped by thought/emotion in the etheric dimension(s). Again as told by guides and discarnate inhabitants. They're not my ideas or beliefs but come from accounts and teachings too numerous to mention individually. The surroundings we most favor will be the ones we will experience until we move on to something else. So yes, within certain limits, we'll live where we want to live. :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  20. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Member

But that simply says we do need to progress, by undoing error. For that we will find much help, but nothing can prevent us from believing in error. Only by our decision to stop believing can we stop, because freedom is absolute. But this seems to be verging into a religious argument of some kind--should we go there?