1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

illusion?

Discussion in 'Spiritual Growth & Development' started by mac, Dec 17, 2017.

1. mac

mac Staff Member

I’ve done my stuff. I’ve researched and contemplated all I found. Then out of the blue recently I got a big surprise about something I had felt comfortable with for a long time – spirituality.

For a very long time I felt persuaded that experiences during life in-the-body enhanced the rate of personal spiritual progress. It’s what I thought spiritual guides had taught us. Nobody provided an alternative or at least I didn’t recognise it if they did.

The words we use may mean different things to each of us. In a similar way we have different ideas about the way we came into being, both as spirit individuals and as humans. I’ve always thought we progressed spiritually towards a state of near spiritual perfection before we reach our end as individuals - progression from where we are spiritually now to a point where no further progress can be made. Recently all that changed.

I still see us as from the source and identically similar to the source. When I say ‘us’ I’m referring to our ‘spirit selves’ our individual but spiritually-identical forms; identical ‘sparks’ of creative energy that animate every kind of personal existence. Those ‘sparks’ were spiritually perfect when they left the source to experience life as individuals and that spiritual perfection never changes. They don’t need to progress spiritually - they are already spiritually perfect. And when I refer to ‘they’ I’m actually meaning ‘us’, the spiritual us.

We each are individuated sparks of that divine source, eternally spiritually-perfect but appearing as something less. Isn’t that the grandest of illusions?

kim likes this.
  2. lovehim

lovehim New Member

Huh, interesting perspective.

3. mac

mac Staff Member

Yeah I thought so too....

4. kim

kim Regular Contributor

I am going to refer to the one who created the energy that forms us as IM or Intelligent Mind in what I write below, and I give Max Planck the credit:

I like what you said Mac, especially your last line, "Isn't that the grandest of illusions?" because the same thing has been on my mind. I've wondered at times how dull everything would be if there were no challenges in life. How can there be any challenge in raising a perfect Spiritual Being that thinks and speaks like everyone else? There is no fun in that. So, IM knew that illusions could be created out of energy. IM created our body which is made of energy. We agreed with IM to forget who we are before we are born here on this plane and agreed to live a life in a "new body" to face challenges. That way IM will have something to provide some action in this invisible stuff called "life". We are spiritual beings so have therefore been alive forever. There is a verse in the Bible that caused me to think this: Galatians 4:9-'But now that you know God-or rather are known by God-how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable principles? (some translations use the word 'elements') Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again?' That sounds like reincarnation if you are able to return to weak and miserable principles, but we just chose to return here to grow spiritually!

IMs "physical" creations' challenge is to maintain this "physical earth".

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    Amore likes this.
  5. mac

mac Staff Member

uh, oh, sounds like religion but you told me you're not religious....

quoting myself: "...They don’t need to progress spiritually - they are already spiritually perfect. And when I refer to ‘they’ I’m actually meaning ‘us’, the spiritual us."

Looks like I didn't do much of a job explaining myself.

hmmmmm.....

6. kim

kim Regular Contributor

How can you say something so enlightened as you did above and then talk out of the other side of your mouth in your comments to my post?

7. mac

mac Staff Member

You'll need to spell out what you mean - what didn't you follow?

8. kim

kim Regular Contributor

Just because I speak of the Bible doesn't make me religious. You have never met me in person so I feel you are making an immature unfounded assumption. It sounds like you are just blowing hot air.
    Maybe I didn't explain myself too well here, but I know we don't need to progress spiritually, so why would we want to return here? There is no gain, since we are already perfect.

9. kim

kim Regular Contributor

I don't know what the hmmm... was about, Mac, but aren't I entitled to use my imagination?

10. mac

mac Staff Member

"Just because I speak of the Bible doesn't make me religious. You have never met me in person so I feel you are making an immature unfounded assumption. It sounds like you are just blowing hot air."

It kinda does.... I haven't met lots of people in person but those who quote from the Bible or talk repeatedly about God lead me to certain conclusions. I'm comfortable with your thinking I'm blowing hot air. I'm sure I'm not....

lovehim likes this.