1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

If you do not die Young...

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by Kurt, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Does it automatically mean that you are a younger soul?

That you have more incarnations left?

I ask this because we all know people below 30 who die are in their last incarnation...

Yet on the other hand, some... Such as Roberta and Mac, seem so spiritually advanced I cannot picture them reincarnating. Same goes for Monika and Bill Z.

Bill Z likes this.
  2. Bill Z

Bill Z Active Member

Thanks Kurt.

Kurt likes this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Your welcome Bill. :D

4. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I think the simplest answer is "maybe"... :D

I'm not buying a number of notions concerning when and why individuals die. The ideas I've heard have not yet persuaded me. ;)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    Kurt likes this.
  5. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Actually, awhile back I decided that since I had given my life to God in 2009 I might as well go all-out with my spiritual growth and try to make this my last lifetime. If you had known me 20 years ago, you would know what a stretch that was! But then in 2016, when we were working on The Fun of Growing Forever - where this is a very relevant question - I asked my guide, Thomas, what I would have to do to make this my last lifetime. I thought it would be useful information for readers. He told me that this is now my last necessary lifetime... but he said I would come back one more time to teach. I retorted, "In your dreams!" Then I sighed. Knowing how different things look from there, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy to come back just to teach if I can be of help to Spirit. But here is my point, dear ALF friends: I was no prize spiritually when I started out, but apparently just by concentrating on spiritual growth I blew through what could have been many more lifetimes. And if I could do that, then wow, so can you!!

Kurt likes this.
  6. mac

I'm touched you should think me spiritually advanced but there's not a scrap of evidence of it! :D What minuscule understanding I might have - might - comes from bashing away at 'stuff'. I've met in-the-flesh and encountered online various individuals who have declared this will be their last incarnation, that they're not coming back again.

They may be correct but it might be their wishful-thinking brought on by being pig-sick of their lives and/or all the goings-on in this dreary world of ours. That they feel so certain might actually indicate the opposite for all we know. Perhaps those who don't think or declare it are the ones who won't be returning? The ones who have a quiet inner assurance they've made progress sufficient to meet their plans and aspirations? ;)

As for me I'm wavering, perhaps because my time is fast approaching. I've often felt I'm more an observer of life than a participant. Does that suggest I've largely done what I needed to or does it indicate I haven't experienced much at all and that I have a lot still to find out? Up 'til fairly recently I felt I'd need to return to monitor first-hand what happens to this globe but now I'm less sure. Maybe it's because I'm pretty despondent about this world's future but maybe that's how a lot of old farts think, the result of the rapidly-diminishing number of brain cells! :D

I could do with having just enough brain cells to leave me happy and content and without feeling concerns for our world. :p

Kurt likes this.
  7. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Thanks!! That's my new goal! :D

8. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Oh don't worry Mac. I'm 18 and I already have little faith in humans. I see just how bad it's gotten since I was a little kid. There is a elementary school that welcomed their kids back with a pole dancer. That's a perfect example. At first I was joking about how "we never had that in elementary!" Then I realized that it's.... Evil.

9. mac

I don't write humans off, Kurt. This world is in a state of great flux but humans aren't to blame - just some humans.... It's easy to see all the bad stuff and tar everyone with the same brush when it's probably just the few who are responsible, perhaps the ones who have had few incarnations and are only just beginning their spiritual development here on earth.

Kurt likes this.
  10. pandora97

pandora97 Well-Known Member

Then again there's the "nature vs nurture" viewpoint...……..but that's a whole 'nother can 'o worms" ;)

Kurt likes this.
  11. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

If I do not die young, then I'll never grow old. I'll take my own advice over doing what I'm told. I'm different from all others, I am gifted and unique, and I will stay forever young, brand new and yet antique.

mac likes this.
  12. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

True.

I am the product of nature. The only disadvantage is I am a sucker for nurture.... Well not really, but I have noticed that intelligent manipulators who act like my friends use it against me.

I still need them out it just takes about 2 extra weeks. :p

13. mac

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018