1. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.
    Dismiss Notice

If there is an afterlife, how would you prefer it to be?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by bluebird, Mar 26, 2018.

1. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

That's lovely. I would like that, too, as would my husband. The only real reason we didn't have children was that we couldn't afford to do so. I would have been a wonderful mother, and my husband would have been a wonderful father.

GoldDustWoman622, SashaS and Monika like this.
  2. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Hahaha, but I read somewhere that after a while, when we move away from the Summerland, we will no longer "need" to eat... well, you'd better believe I will ask for an extended stay at Summerland! :p

Widdershins3 likes this.
  3. bluebird

lol! I suppose there is no actual "need" to eat in the afterlife, but as it is one of the pleasures of earthly life, I see no reason why we can't choose to experience it in the afterlife as well! Plus I know my husband, and the man likes his food, lol.

I don't view the afterlife as the "Summerland", just because I hate summer weather, lol. But if there is some division between where we are at first (commonly referred to as the Summerland), and some later phases, I will likely choose to remain in the "Summerland" with my husband, as I have no desire to merge with any god-being or the like (and in fact am vehemently opposed to that idea). I want only to be with my husband, and eventually our other loved ones. So I will probably see you in that "Summerland" area for a good long time! :p:D

4. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

That sounds great to me, my friend! And we'll pig out to our hearts' content :D

5. bluebird

lol! :D Well my husband loves barbecue type foods (all the stuff you'd have at a 4th of July celebration or the like), so we'll have to have all that -- hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, corn on the cob, ribs, etc. Plus pizza and ice cream, as those are a couple of my favorites. On top of never gaining weight, I say we also never get upset stomachs, heartburn, or any sort of digestive upset due to eating whatever we want. ;) We can take turns hosting these get-togethers at each of our afterlife homes, and you can meet our cats (and we will meet your dogs). Sounds beautiful to me. :)

6. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Sounds beautiful to me also. I know we will continue to keep in touch, here and in the afterworld :)

bluebird likes this.
  7. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

Even in Summerland, most sources seem to say eating is purely optional and not much indulged in by anyone but the recent residents. Even then, expect fruit, not hot dogs.

8. bluebird

Well if it's an option, and if we have free will and therefore can choose the food, my husband and I are having a barbecue. I'm not saying we'd do it constantly or forever, but we'll have a few good, big, extended meals with family and friends, featuring our favorite foods.

9. Auseret

Auseret New Member

Whatever the idea you wish on the afterlife, you will always be the same Sovereign Spirit you always been!

10. ravensgate

ravensgate Active Member

Yep, I read that, genewardsmith. Perhaps bluebird and I could try claiming, "But we just got here!" :p

bluebird likes this.
  11. bluebird

lolol! Sounds worth a shot. ;)

ravensgate likes this.
  12. bluebird

Boosting this up in case anyone else wants to share; I would definitely like to read about how you would like the afterlife to be for you and your loved ones. :)

13. mac

mac senior member Staff Member

I've given this question some thought but can only find a total blank space. I don't have any desire how I'd like it to be but my approach is that I'm likely to enjoy whatever I find. If I don't then I'm totally comfortable that I'll be able to change things locally to suit any preference I may discover I have.

14. bluebird

You'll be happy regardless, then. :) Good!

15. mac

That's one thing I'm expecting. :)

16. Fisher

Fisher New Member

I’m taking a cautious approach as what to expect. I have recently become somewhat closed off to current ‘ new age ‘ tripe. Opinions are everywhere and with today’s information age, I have a feeling most ‘ experiencers ‘ are just regurgitating what others have said.

Today I find the pre Internet material more believable. Maybe I’m just getting old and cranky.

I guess I need to experience it, to believe it.

So, have I experienced anything? I think so, and that has left me something to expect, but it’s very thin. Not much to hold onto.

I will say this, I have very interesting experiences between the hours of 3 to 6 am. Different levels of consciousness, with some being fully lucid.

The imagery is stunning. Something like a cross between Alice in Wonderland and OZ. The lifeforms I witness make me wake up speechless. Their so, SO excited to see me, and unfortunately when in the experience I seem to care less. Honestly, I’m very rude. This always makes me feel like an ass.

Nothing like apologizing to a quite room at 4AM…

So with that, I wonder if I will get the opportunity to explore those more. Interact with the characters and figure out what those realms are. Act more interested in their stories and see just how far the rabbit hole goes.

Or maybe I Could ‘live’ on a starship watching a galaxy spin? Could I jump into a ‘ Star Wars ‘ realm and experience that story?

I mean when billions of ‘ living ‘ people believe in Star Wars, there has to be a galaxy far, far away…

As for meeting people on the flip side, I have my list, but I also have this weird feeling, like I could find myself really embarrassed, about making such a fuss about the people, in this life, I have lost, while being reacquainted with all the others I just forgot to come here…

17. mac

The thread's not about what folk expect to find, or are unsure about etc. Bluebird asked how we'd prefer it to be.

18. bluebird

Precisely. ;) Thanks, mac.

I appreciate your response, Fisher, but I'm interested in hearing how you would like the afterlife to be for you, ideally. :)

19. genewardsmith

genewardsmith Active Member

One of the repeated lessons of the Course in Miracles is "I am not a body. I am free. For I am still as God created me." One thing I hope for an afterlife is a less clouded spiritual practice, better able to understand that I still am as God created me. The body is heavy, as it were, raising its vibrations (for lack a a better word) has, I hope, developed abilities, spiritual muscles, which can be put to use in new ways. I'm hoping my development of thought projection abilities will allow me to channel blessings on the world.

pandora97 likes this.
  20. bluebird

Thanks for sharing that, genewardsmith. So if there is an afterlife, you want to spend your afterlife helping people still on earth?