1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

If people would be sure about afterlife would be more temptation to go there?

Discussion in 'General Afterlife Discussions' started by SashaS, Sep 15, 2018.

1. SashaS

SashaS Member

I think life is an individual experience here in earth to live. IMO if people would know for sure based in scientific facts that there is an afterlife this life would be different. Easy to go!
    I think is better the way it is!

Kurt likes this.
  2. bluebird

bluebird Well-Known Member

I think it would depend on the person. For myself, if my husband were still alive then I would have no desire to leave this world. Since he has died, I absolutely do want to die, but that is the case for me whether there is an afterlife or not. If I had proof that there is an afterlife, the difference that would make to me is that I would feel slightly less pain because I would know that my husband still exists and that I will be with him again.

Roma, DenverGuy, SashaS and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

That is true. I also agree.

I think this is more for the Spirituality advanced.

The people who come here tend to have little else to accomplish on Earth. That's why they are so interested in the afterlife.

Maybe.... This is like a bus stop on the way out. ....

4. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I've just had a very painful life.

I've wanted to die since I was 4.

Thanks to Roberta Grime's and Albert Camus...

Among good friends and great people, I'm still here. But I am done with life.

SashaS likes this.
  5. SashaS

SashaS Member

Yes i feel the same way like you Bluebird. I would feel less pain but I would be more tempted to go and leave my experience of this life.

Kurt likes this.
  6. SashaS

SashaS Member

I understand Kurt! Within three months I lost my mother and my husband. We were so happy and now the life is totally changed for me and my kids. Is so painful for three of us. As much as I think even I'm not sceptical about afterlife if I would know for sure would be another situation. And so for other people.
    But we're here to make ourselves our experience!

Kurt likes this.
  7. bluebird

I want to die, regardless. If there is an afterlife, then I will be with my husband again, and eventually with our other loved ones. If there is nothing, at least I would not be in pain anymore, constantly sad and angry.

Roma and Kurt like this.
  8. SashaS

SashaS Member

My husband was my life Bluebird! I don't like this life either! Regardless what happened and what happens in the future we have to live all our experience!

Kurt likes this.
  9. RobertaGrimes

RobertaGrimes Administrator

Oh dear Kurt, you are getting it together now and you are by no means done with life! In fact, your life has not yet really begun....

Kurt, pandora97 and SashaS like this.
  10. EminenceFront

EminenceFront Member

If you do not believe in post-mortem survival, then why is it not possible that dying would leave you in a much worse place than this?

Kurt likes this.
  11. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

If post mortem survival is non existent, then she would not aware.... Right?

12. EminenceFront

EminenceFront Member

Repeat, please.

Kurt likes this.
  13. bluebird

I don't disbelieve in an afterlife, I am agnostic regarding it -- I don't know if it exists or not. If it does not, then I will cease to exist altogether, in every way -- physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually. If it does exist, then I don't know what it is or will be like; I can only hope that I will be reunited with my husband there, and if there is an afterlife then I will do everything I possibly can to make that happen.

While of course I would prefer there to be an afterlife in which I will be with my beloved again, either option (reuniting with him if there is an afterlife, or ceasing to be altogether if there is not) is, to me, preferable to this life without him.

Kurt likes this.
  14. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Basically that if there is no afterlife it does not matter because she would be unaware, and thus in no pain.

SashaS likes this.
  15. EminenceFront

EminenceFront Member

Thanks for that.

Kurt likes this.
  16. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

Yw.

17. SarahJaina

SarahJaina New Member

I've been wondering about this too, and I've heard in the afterlife everyone is accepting and unified, no room for negativity, and the unfathomable events involving the human race and life on Earth don't even come close to interrupting the serenity of souls intertwined and harmonious up above.

I was getting the impression that being alive is unfortunate, and the Spirit world is utopic, for lack of a better word. Also, that if you've reincarnated repeatedly, you get the worst of everything after you're reborn? I can honestly declare this lifetime an epic fail, though I've failed at nothing, it's all due to circumstance. I step outside myself to look around and try making sense of it all, and I'm befuddled, and oddly amused. My sense of humor has kept me among the living, when nothing else could. I want to know who made up YOLO, aka you only get one life? What are they talking about, I'm living, dying, living proof that they're wrong.

But as a disclaimer, I don't want to oversell the afterlife to the wrong person, if they thought the spirit world was better, would they try to end their life to end up in their afterlife? Even with good intentions, it's the worst outcome they could give themselves. I notice a lot of threads on the topic of suicide on these forums, I haven't learned why? Is there a certain something about being a Reincarnate that makes people give up on life?

Kurt likes this.
  18. Belief in the afterlife reduces the fear of death. We are all swimming in an ocean of the fear of death. You just have to watch the evening news for proof of that. The fear of death motivates our every materialistic impulse. Drink, eat, be merry, and for God's sake don't think about how futile materialism is. (Oh and don't forget to keep the life insurance premiums paid.) Belief in the afterlife promotes an ethical approach to solving life's problems because its focus is spiritual growth. Its focus is: We are more than we appear to be. We are spiritual beings having a material experience and we will return to being spirit at death. I was educated in the sciences and I could not understand why my fellow students did not see Mind in all we studied. Its everywhere, in everything. We are also part of that Mind. I use to love to watch the numbers dance and twirl as they magically balance an equation. Like BlueBird (who has helped me here in the Forums before) I too now wish for death because of the loss of my wife. I get envious when I hear of quick honorable deaths. However, I will not end this life before I am supposed to, because I believe I will still not necessarily be allowed to be with my wife. There are consequences for every action and I'm not willing to be without the person I love. Just my opinion of course. I have been wrong in this life as often as right.

kim marine, SashaS and mac like this.
  19. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I agree that all is peaceful above.

I also think it is important not to sell it to the wrong person. Then you have a suicide on your hands and they will only reincarnate to an even tougher time

20. Kurt

Kurt Well-Known Member

I agree. I now see death as something to look forward to.

I want to die. But I want to keep on pushing until my body fails. Not my mind, but my body. I'd estimate that just because of my lifestyle it will be before I'm 30... I am already making so much progress that In a few years I'll have so much done that I don't think there will be much left for me to do once I'm past my mid twenties.

I say this because there have been times where I somehow survived things I should not have.... I feel like there's a reason for me to be here and that once I reach a certain Pinnacle I will die.

I have a feeling I'll be around 29. That number just keeps coming to me for some reason....