1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Afterlife Forums is an online, interactive community designed to give seekers direct access to prominent researchers, to afterlife literature, and to one another in order to foster both spiritual growth and public interest in life after death.

Icons?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by genewardsmith, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Ed A.

Ed A. New Member

But that was your question -- why do they appeal? So now you're dismissing my response because it addresses your question. Are you having a bad day or something? I feel like I'm talking with a crank who just wants to argue.

"I don't buy it" was literally your first sentence. Followed by arguments over the particulars -- phrased not in terms of your particular preferences, but as general points.

It would've been better to say that, then. Which you did not. You made no acknowledgement that the reasons might be valid for others. In fact, you specifically said a couple of them weren't valid at all (personality, opinion), giving a little condescending mini-lecture to boot.

As far as I'm concerned, this has nothing to do with you. It's not about you. The question I was answering was, "why do people use avatars?" It wasn't about whether mac likes avatars. I don't care whether you like them or not.

And whether you "buy" a reason isn't relevant. It's like someone asking, "Why do people like shopping online?" and me responding with reasons that people like to shop online, and you responding, "I don't buy it." It doesn't matter if you buy it or not. Those are the reasons, whether you "buy" them or not.

Tough.

Obviously I wasn't saying that an avatar conveys the whole range of our opinions on an issue. Come on. Again, it just seems like you want to argue. You ask a question but don't seem interested in trying to understand the answer, just coming up with some objection. Are you this annoying to talk to in real life, too?

Btw, I found you an avatar:

[​IMG]

mac and Hardball like this.
  2. mac

mac Staff Member

pot / kettle?

Does that irk you?

Does that irk you?

And yet you continue as if it did.... tough

Does this also irk you? My word I wonder just who's having a bad day! Didn't poop this morning?

:p:D

pot / kettle?

I'm flattered you spent so much energy on someone you appear to dislike so much! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  3. mac

mac Staff Member

I just lurve it dahling! mwwahhhh :p[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. mac

mac Staff Member

there - job done! :p:Do_O

5. mac

mac Staff Member

"Obviously I wasn't saying that an avatar conveys the whole range of our opinions on an issue."

oh, obviously lol

"Are you this annoying to talk to in real life, too?" nah! In real life I drink beer, smoke, scratch my ass, play pool and BS with everyone else. But in that real life I don't discuss the value - or otherwise - of avatars or spiritual and afterlife issues. I do that in a serious manner with like-minded individuals on discusion forums.

6. Ed A.

Ed A. New Member

lol. I like it.

Poor Gene is wondering, "What the f**k happened to my thread?"

7. mac

mac Staff Member

There was nothing more I could say. You can always 'bump' your earlier posting to begin again if you want to resume a conversation.

8. Ed A.

Ed A. New Member

With Gene? Nah, I was just kidding. He doesn't seem tuned in -- at least, he hasn't replied to his own thread, which I take to mean he's not engaged. I gave the instructions, which is all I can do.

I had some good belly laughs because of this thread today.

9. mac

mac Staff Member

We aim to please....